One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-06 10:49:32

QuirkySmirkyIan

Pumpkins and Apples - The Fall Harvest Update (Suggestion)

Remember how Jason made a thanksgiving and Christmas update last year? I think we should have a fall/Halloween update this year and pumpkins and apples I think would be a great idea.
Now I will list the objects and how to make them.

Wild Apple Tree - The tree has no food on it but you can cut it with shears and you will get Apple Tree Cutting.

Apple Tree Cutting - plant it in the ground and water it etc I personally think apple trees should act as a clone to mangoes giving 8 apples and having the same requirements with the soil and bucket of water.
(All the stages of trees as well but for apple)

Domesticated Apple Tree - It yields 8 apples which you can just eat I think it should eat for 10 food pips and have 2 uses.  (Apples are very yummy in my opinion.) Or you can cook it which we will go into next.

Baked Apple - Grab a plate and light up your adobe oven wait for it to become hot and cook it there if you don't wait for the fire it will become burnt, speaking of burnt. Also gives 8 Hunger pips has 2 uses.

Burnt Apple - An overcooked apple that will burn when you click on the fiery oven. No uses besides trash pit.

Cooked Apple Pie - Now the good stuff You take your baked apple which will probably be on a plate cut it with a knife (no flint chip) apples are pretty hard. Then with the Chopped Baked Apple and Bowl of Raw sugar mix it together to make Sweetened Chopped Baked Apple. Which you then add raw pie crust and finally get a raw apple pie. You know the drill cook it into a cooked pie at the oven! Very yummy it will give you 18 hunger pips with 4 uses.

Chopped Baked Apple - Used for pie.

Sweetened Chopped Baked - Apple Used for pie.

Raw Apple Pie Uncooked - Uncooked apple pie.

Now finally for pumpkins easier to grow but slightly harder to make the pie.

Wild Pumpkin - Sharp stone it get some seeds, put it in a bowl and you can plant it. It grows like the regular crops, water it wait time and you get pumpkins.

Pumpkin - It will act like squash harvest with sharp stone put on plate but you can get 6 seeds and then use a ax to get chopped up pumpkin.

Chopped Up Pumpkin - Used to make pie which you will need to add whole milk and raw sugar too it then add pie crust then cook it and you will get 17 food pips from it also with 4 uses of course.

Chopped Pumpkin with Milk - Used for pie

Chopped Pumpkin with Milk and Sugar - Used for pie

Raw Pumpkin Pie - cook it for yummy pie.

We have a bonus item as well cooked pumpkin seeds.

Bowl of pumpkin seeds - you need five pumpkin seeds then go to any fire besides coals and cook it you now have yummy pumpkin seeds that restore 5 hunger pips. 5 uses of course!

Cooked Pumpkin seeds - Yum!

Now I think you have the idea where it would be cool to see this crops in game! Yes they probably wouldn't be grown much but that is fine with me. It will be a luxury item but I do see the pumpkin seeds being very common and maybe the apples/baked apples. But the pies are probably going to be rare, hey I'll grow em. But on that note that wraps up my suggestion feel free to leave your comments in the replies below.
-Eve Dong

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2019-10-06 12:01:55

Tizzy

Re: Pumpkins and Apples - The Fall Harvest Update (Suggestion)

I really like these ideas, especially the apple one, 1+ for a Fall update! big_smile

#3 2019-10-06 12:30:55

Amon

Apples are great, simply by having apples I agree 100%. The are so many more things you can do with apples. You can make vinegar, you can dry them, you can make apple juice...

Though in my opinion. Apple trees should be like in real life. Example. You have to plant plenty of wild apple trees and among them some can mutate to be better edible to humans. You cut twigs from the good apple tree and graft it onto a young, still growing tree to make it into the same sort that bears delicious fruit.
Wild apples aren't really that tasty, nor are wild pears, but their fruit is usually used in making alcohol.

Last edited by Amon (2019-10-06 12:35:30)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#4 2019-10-06 15:09:35

QuirkySmirkyIan

Amon wrote:

Apples are great, simply by having apples I agree 100%. The are so many more things you can do with apples. You can make vinegar, you can dry them, you can make apple juice...

Though in my opinion. Apple trees should be like in real life. Example. You have to plant plenty of wild apple trees and among them some can mutate to be better edible to humans. You cut twigs from the good apple tree and graft it onto a young, still growing tree to make it into the same sort that bears delicious fruit.
Wild apples aren't really that tasty, nor are wild pears, but their fruit is usually used in making alcohol.

Yeah Ik that apples are abundant in the wild but i feel like it would make the early game too easy.

#5 2019-10-06 16:00:58

Amon

QuirkySmirkyIan wrote:

Yeah Ik that apples are abundant in the wild but i feel like it would make the early game too easy.

I don't think you understand what I wrote. I wasn't talking about the abundance of apples, but that the acquisition of apples requires grafting from another tree displaying desireable apples.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#6 2019-10-06 16:48:21

arkajalka

XD content????

Spoilers

ya gonna get none.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#7 2019-10-06 18:47:05

QuirkySmirkyIan

QuirkySmirkyIan wrote:
Amon wrote:

OOPs didn't realize.

#8 2019-10-06 18:48:06

QuirkySmirkyIan

arkajalka wrote:

XD content????

Spoilers

ya gonna get none.

I'd give it a few weeks or month. Jason said "For the TIME BEING I think we have enough content" About a month ago.

#9 2019-10-06 19:42:34

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Where's the flapjacks that were promised a month ago

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#10 2019-10-06 20:37:40

MrDorito (AKA: Dorito)

add to the pumpkins the ability to make jack-o-lanterns

Board footer