One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-01 17:22:03

Don Holm

Some suggestions to improve gameplay

Here are some suggestions that can make the one hour life we have more meaningful:

1. Watering can: By using a watering can, you are able to water multiple plantations in the same amount the bucket holds. The current situation requires us to use clay bowl to water each berry/crop one by one which is waste of our precious time. It can be crafted by adding a lid and funnel to a bucket.

2. Bigger rift: The current rift is small, a bigger rift would give us more chance to find wilderness away from the chaotic cities later in the game.

3. Natural sounds: Hearing wild animals, and mainly smooth birds singing around is calming, and maybe sound of moving duck inside the pond.

4. Fire Match: We will be able to craft fire matches that can be ignited directly through interacting with a suitable surface and then adding it to wood to start a fire. It can be crafted by adding sulfur to a small stick, and craft a small container box for multiple matches in it.

5. Fireplace: Any structure that can be made of stone or metal designed to contain the fire, and can be used efficiently to make fire last longer.

6. Diverse Fish: The only thing you can catch with fishing pole is arctic char, and it has a really low chance to catch it, and takes lot of time. Please more allow us to catch more kinds of fish and have more chance.

7. More Worms: Worms should not be rare or limited! There should be a way to dig a hole and get infinite amount of worm out of it that would die by time (same mechanism with milkweed seeds!)

8.  Diverse Wilderness: I think we should start having more diversity in the wilderness and add more plants and animals. Apples would be a good start wink

9. Last Will: What if we replaced "last words" with ""Last Will", a paragraph that you write after you die, that you can view in same location in family tree section. In that way you could leave a story for the loved ones, an important tip, or a message of warning for them! It would be nice to click on those who we spent our lives with and check their story, I would find it so satisfying to read through everyone's stories (and maybe discovering secrets from ancestor's stories).

10. Signs for navigation (Very important!): The Letter system takes a lot of skewers to make them, and not a tiny amount either even for the simplest signs. It would be okay to keep the current complexity of letters, but maybe have them be made based on an infinite resource (kinda like how fences work currently) instead of the very hard to get (especially late game and with the rift) skewers.In terms of signs with directions, I would love to be able to make arrows for signs.

Last edited by Don Holm (2019-10-01 17:28:37)

#2 2019-10-01 17:25:34

Amon

Re: Some suggestions to improve gameplay

2-3 are my favourite suggestions.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#3 2019-10-01 17:58:45

Thaulos

Honestly I think the rift is actually too large. What's the point of all that empty space.

#4 2019-10-01 21:07:08

eajorstad

Don Holm wrote:

7. More Worms: Worms should not be rare or limited! There should be a way to dig a hole and get infinite amount of worm out of it that would die by time (same mechanism with milkweed seeds!)

Idk - I feel like I see way more unnecessary worms in towns than I do milkweed seeds...I'm almost always finding worms in baskets or backpacks then needing to get rid of them. *shrug*

#5 2019-10-01 22:08:04

DestinyCall

eajorstad wrote:

Idk - I feel like I see way more unnecessary worms in towns than I do milkweed seeds...I'm almost always finding worms in baskets or backpacks then needing to get rid of them. *shrug*

Milkweed seeds decay.   Worms do not.   People rarely spam milkweed seeds everywhere, but even if they did, the seeds go away on their own, while worms linger forever.

You only get three worms from each soil pit, so they are very limit.   The only reason why they are such a common trash item in town is because fishing is a dead-end activity, so no one bothers to use the limited worms once they are produced.

#6 2019-10-01 22:16:44

Amon

if worms were not limited, they wouldn't be always exhumed. Simply due being a non renewable, people are taking them out for 'later' or when some unfortunate soul will go through the hassle of fishing.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#7 2019-10-02 01:03:58

Coconut Fruit

Thaulos wrote:

Honestly I think the rift is actually too large. What's the point of all that empty space.

Maybe making rift random size each arc would be fun? I don't want larger rift too btw.

I like watering can idea and natural sounds.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#8 2019-10-02 01:48:35

Potjeh

Don Holm wrote:

10. Signs for navigation (Very important!): The Letter system takes a lot of skewers to make them, and not a tiny amount either even for the simplest signs. It would be okay to keep the current complexity of letters, but maybe have them be made based on an infinite resource (kinda like how fences work currently) instead of the very hard to get (especially late game and with the rift) skewers.In terms of signs with directions, I would love to be able to make arrows for signs.

I'd keep letter crafting as it is, but turn them into stencils rather than parts of the sign. Ie you assemble the sign, then apply bucket of paint on it, and then you can take off letters to reuse them on another sign, and the sign behind is left colored with whatever color the paint was with letters in whichever color the sign was before the stencil was painted. So for example you could paint a sign black and then add letters and apply white paint, and you'd have black letters on white background. Maybe add a paint stripper so you could have natural wood color background if you want.

#9 2019-10-02 02:08:05

DestinyCall

Potjeh wrote:
Don Holm wrote:

I'd keep letter crafting as it is, but turn them into stencils rather than parts of the sign. Ie you assemble the sign, then apply bucket of paint on it, and then you can take off letters to reuse them on another sign, and the sign behind is left colored with whatever color the paint was with letters in whichever color the sign was before the stencil was painted. So for example you could paint a sign black and then add letters and apply white paint, and you'd have black letters on white background. Maybe add a paint stripper so you could have natural wood color background if you want.

Ohhh that's a cool idea!

#10 2019-10-03 15:41:34

Saolin

Amon wrote:

if worms were not limited, they wouldn't be always exhumed. Simply due being a non renewable, people are taking them out for 'later' or when some unfortunate soul will go through the hassle of fishing.

Personally I pull the worms out so a mushroom will grow.

#11 2019-10-03 16:02:03

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Watering can recipe: Bucket + Flint tipped fire bow drill + Clay Nozzle = Crude watering can.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

Board footer