One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-25 09:04:07

pein

Had a photo of me

5f1f9a5943f8f9c9c0583ddd4b6aa8444012f4cb.jpg

I was kind of the only person left from our family, we were at peace with the Dykes, the girl near me finished the engine, I was doing a lot of random errands, connecting the work, water, kindling, steel prep, cleaning.
I tried to make oil first, and the two closest tarry spots were south of us at the black family, their pump jack was almost made and the road material prepared. They were trimmed by kills but they stabilized mostly.

They stole our engine I was hiding away to get some iron before we proceed with well, as it makes no sense to install it on a well before kerosene, also the pump valve is needed for the oil. Sadly it got stolen and installed on south city. Probably for best as it's a lot of work to bring oil from another city.
The two pipes weren't enough to gush oil and most of our iron supply went into making knives for some dumb reason.

The other town had some iron but some kid made an oven between the two kilns, I tried to stop her by picking her up, I couldn't. I was friendly until then. I would have had a chance to end them, when they had like 1 fertile and 1 kid, I didn't but this little toddler pissed me off, so I shot her. Wasn't killed for it as I was bumping to the oven, so I guess they understood, also they had backup girls by then.

Lost too much time by getting new adobe, enough plates and making charcoal, flat rocks, so i never made steel and pipes. Also, I put the engine in cart behind tree, cause I forgot where exactly I seen the depleted mine (was just a bit east). Regardless of wars or conditions, there is no point steeling an iron engine, and no point installing it to a well just to watch it for 1-2 hours, without having any kerosene. You can basically make a new well, a cistern, get a lot of water from it, you can make oil, use newcommen wells to generate extra water and just move the core around to  get more. And town location doesn't really matter when you got no oil nearby. You can have 1-2 kerosene made but you rather move near a mine and oil than transport it to that random location that your Eve set up for the ponds and soil piles.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2019-09-25 19:20:19

Roblor

Re: Had a photo of me

Always an interesting story to read from Pein

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#3 2019-09-25 19:21:43

Matbat

Looking at this picture makes me wish we could drill oil with engine.
Which leads me to wishing we had a better way of storing crude oil to encourage mining to stockpile it.
Which connects into another wish of wanting a way of storing made goods/hard to get stuff/ messy but useful stuff like sulphur, palm oil, salt, and poop in a condensed form.
Ahh so much room for quality of life improvements.

#4 2019-09-26 04:25:21

pein

i just with oil making would be more important so people start with that
honestly an engine is much easier to make sometimes than getting oil

the randomness is crazy bad sometimes, you need 5-7 pipes and you don't really want to make too many but have enough, you don't want to leave rods as they make décor swords, it's too hard to find enough steel or  people need their décor swords even if others can't get any water

it's very obvious once you done it, yet most people don't do the oil before the water engine
and now even the iron engine should be before the water engine, at least use up like 6 chisels with a kerosene to get enough iron for the next engine

One possible solution would be that you should prove you got oil before you are able to install the valve on the well. Maybe valve+oil canister, oily valve
then people would stop ruining valves and engines and randomly putting on the closest wells

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer