One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-24 18:19:15

Thaulos

#2 2019-09-24 18:40:09

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Suggestion: injured females shouldn't have children!

I'm fine with this.

It's rare enough, and when it happens, it can be an interesting little moment.  BBs die for all kinds of other reasons, and this is just one rare on a very long list of reasons.

#3 2019-09-24 19:37:10

D3mon1cblack

i disagree that one baby can save a fam if its the last girl that got stabbed for example. I have been that baby and i have had a baby when i was last girl and got stabbed saving the fam tongue And yes i agree it can be a giant pain in the ass if you get born to a feral eve/girl that just got bitten or whatever but thats the game for you am i right?

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#4 2019-09-24 21:16:40

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Oh... I wasn't thinking about the case where the baby is your fam's "chance" (round robin bb spread across families) and it goes to a stabbed mom.

Still, that case must be even more rare, right?  I mean, that a fam ends because of this confluence.

#5 2019-09-24 21:29:22

DestinyCall

D3mon1cblack wrote:

i disagree that one baby can save a fam if its the last girl that got stabbed for example. I have been that baby and i have had a baby when i was last girl and got stabbed saving the fam tongue And yes i agree it can be a giant pain in the ass if you get born to a feral eve/girl that just got bitten or whatever but thats the game for you am i right?

This brings back memories of one of my very first Eve runs ... I was about to starve ... ran into a jungle to grab a banana to save myself.   I manged to reach the banana tree right as I gave birth to quads and then I got stung by a mosquito seconds later.

I only had enough time to say good bye before I starved out.

#6 2019-09-24 22:42:51

D3mon1cblack

DestinyCall wrote:
D3mon1cblack wrote:

This brings back memories of one of my very first Eve runs ... I was about to starve ... ran into a jungle to grab a banana to save myself.   I manged to reach the banana tree right as I gave birth to quads and then I got stung by a mosquito seconds later.

I only had enough time to say good bye before I starved out.

all i can think of is poor babies T.T

one of my most memorable lives i got born to a mother in the wild who was raising my brother she got mauled by a bear and my bro saved me by feeding me berries. Once i grew up we told eachother that that was the last time that bear killed and we started looking for our families camp. we got the supplies we needed headed back to the bear killed it and took our moms corpse and the bearskin with us we buried her at a nice tree in camp and it was one of the saddest things i have done in this game i eventually burried my bro next to her and collapsed of old age underneath them

this is why i like being born from a dying mum it can mean your dead but it can also evolve into a great story

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#7 2019-09-24 22:51:14

OminousBladeBlank

I've been born to a dying mother and I've had children in death. The kids survive often enough for it to be a good mechanic IMO.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#8 2019-09-25 07:18:11

pein

I mean is a waste of life
and generally my worst type of death is when I starve at age 2 cause my mom doesn't realize she is old, like any type of negligence after i spent time sitting there and listening to their bs
or when they are so amused by killings that babies starve next to them

I mean is still quite rare, and we got enough lives if you live to 60 you can't even spend the tokens.

My worst and funniest moment was when i was driving a car and ran over several sneks, but suddenly i was sitting on top of a snake, and then i gave birth, and she was dead, aborted right away. No chance of saving her.

I saw a lot of lives where me or someone else got born to such females and saved a family.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer