One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-09 02:58:07

Lava

Oil isnt depleted and this is why.

The Diesel engines are getting griefed so hard. This arc, I made six engines, all of which were intended for iron, and all but one is accessible currently. If you want the diesel mining pick to be used more, It should stay in the ground after being placed in the collapsed mine. I count how many times these engines have been stolen minutes after I die. I think the best option that would not only maximize oil but make living in the rift much more enjoyable would be to Make engines permanent mines ones placed into one. Not to mention the fact that they are put in abandoned wells for no one for the sake of grieving.

Last edited by Lava (2019-08-09 23:47:56)

#2 2019-08-09 08:16:14

Whatever

Re: Oil isnt depleted and this is why.

Yes i agree,

jason please make it so people cant remove engines from a mine,

also cutting juniper trees should require hungry work,
also milkweed, wild carrots, surface iron and mouflon should randomly respawn (rare event)

Last edited by Whatever (2019-08-09 12:02:55)

#3 2019-08-09 08:17:58

sigmen4020

Wow the diesel mining pick can be removed after being put on a collapsed mine? Why would you ever want to remove a Diesel engine from a collapsed mine. I see no point. It would be the same as if you could remove the engine from a dry diesel pump. Why is it possible to ever be able to remove a Diesel engine from the collapsed if it isn’t for some stupid “interesting dynamic”, where some griefer runs off with another players hard work. What a joke. Why Jason released it like this in the place is beyond me. It’s so obvious that only griefers would use this.

I thought the Diesel mining pick was good before, but now that I see it can be removed it’s not much more than an actually useful car. Everyone could have predicted this would happen. Why Jason?!?

I’m glad I’m not playing much on the main servers right now. What a total mess.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-08-09 08:19:42)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#4 2019-08-09 08:36:34

RodneyC86

sigmen4020 wrote:

Wow the diesel mining pick can be removed after being put on a collapsed mine? Why would you ever want to remove a Diesel engine from a collapsed mine. I see no point. It would be the same as if you could remove the engine from a dry diesel pump. Why is it possible to ever be able to remove a Diesel engine from the collapsed if it isn’t for some stupid “interesting dynamic”, where some griefer runs off with another players hard work. What a joke. Why Jason released it like this in the place is beyond me. It’s so obvious that only griefers would use this.

I thought the Diesel mining pick was good before, but now that I see it can be removed it’s not much more than an actually useful car. Everyone could have predicted this would happen. Why Jason?!?

Just like the tarry spots, I suspect iron would be limited after some uses of the engine mining pick as well...

#5 2019-08-09 09:35:30

Villas

I don’t think it’s stealing if the owner is literally dead and the equipment is abandoned in the middle of a mountain.
I think it’s better to use and then take it back home, I know people might steals at inside your town but it’s better than let it alone in the middle of the wild.

Anyone who sees this engine for sure will take it near their home before somebody else does.

In real life when someone go mining, they don’t let their tools and go home to die of old age, they bring their stuff back. I think it’s better to do this in game as well, no way no one will touch it, someone literally chopped 95% or juniper trees, they want to grief to reset the server, so I suppose they don’t want iron as well.

#6 2019-08-09 10:11:42

JonySky
Website

I think the engines should be able to move from where they were placed, but it should be difficult to move ...
If we think about it, in real life we need a workshop crane to be able to lift an engine and a powerful vehicle to transport it

currently building an engine is difficult, and I think moving it should be difficult too

#7 2019-08-09 11:28:29

pein

well, we made like 8 spots viable, when you got several wells ,you don't need more
people don't build enough cisterns, actually you could get enough water in cisterns, ofc with berry bushes they plant 200 of them
with water they just wait others to solve it

no it's still not nice. i seen a guy stole all the tools and one of it was used by me, that would be a stab right away but he ra naround on horses.

basically is just idiotism, they "raid" resources when it would be easier to make them

just NÉ town perspective:
once the water ran out it died, 3 guys fixed the stuff alone, i made buckets, had 6 in total, after i got back it was gone, the cistern was made at least, and one bucket left maybe

it had no sulfur for 150 tiles, only 3 there, next was 350ish south, only 3, next was south side of map
planted some rubber tree, nowhere else was rubber planted (well sw side i couldn't get back to watr it and they left it dry)
around 4 upgraded carts were made there, all was stolen short after

the other day a king guy stole plates and bowls but failed to make a camp
later it was still made in middle
then i made my mini fortress and it grow in a day into the biggest city

we supplied iron from elderio, the engien was locked, was SE side but almost central

those engines werent taken for their own town, they were taken to make eccesive 2nd wells for tiny camps to remove them
just to ruin the iron economy
we still managed to make new engine, man it was hard, like had to use all scrap from most towns to make new, and ask for swords for the new oil wells

the real problem is the door blocking, several nicely made rooms were blocked with resources inside and some newcommen multipurpose placed near tarry spots, some people even made them randomly where the core was put down

if you create before you use it then you would have resources, but the griefing was going from the start, shooting mouflons, cuttign trees, stabbign people, griefing pens

people were ruining it i nfirst day then 3 times more
and then others followed my footsteps into newly made towns

and this wont really change, the rift sucks, ok as an experiment but griefers win easily cause they don't need skill to kill and they got time to run around on horses and ruin stuff

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2019-08-09 17:37:13

Saolin

Also saw an oil well blocked by Newcomen tower on the west side two days ago.

#9 2019-08-09 22:09:28

pein

that's not blocking it, it just looks weird

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2019-08-09 23:32:11

Lava

RodneyC86 wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

Just like the tarry spots, I suspect iron would be limited after some uses of the engine mining pick as well...

Its not but its finite because its runs on oil

#11 2019-08-09 23:34:09

Lava

Villas wrote:

I don’t think it’s stealing if the owner is literally dead and the equipment is abandoned in the middle of a mountain.
I think it’s better to use and then take it back home, I know people might steals at inside your town but it’s better than let it alone in the middle of the wild.

Anyone who sees this engine for sure will take it near their home before somebody else does.

In real life when someone go mining, they don’t let their tools and go home to die of old age, they bring their stuff back. I think it’s better to do this in game as well, no way no one will touch it, someone literally chopped 95% or juniper trees, they want to grief to reset the server, so I suppose they don’t want iron as well.

I spawn back and try to find it. Its gone, not in towns, but locked away blocked by Newcomen's. Its not a realistic feature and trust me, 99% of the time it gets grieved and not taken back to town. Its stupid that they can be removed.

#12 2019-08-09 23:37:23

Lava

Villas wrote:

Well it can still be stolen once put back in town. I also have done this. Comparing this game to real life is a farce since things can get grieved so easily. Diesals can be stolen easily, and its actually a horrible idea to be put in town, It wont last thirty seconds without someone napping it and hiding it back in the wilderness.

#13 2019-08-09 23:45:45

Lava

JonySky wrote:

I think the engines should be able to move from where they were placed, but it should be difficult to move ...
If we think about it, in real life we need a workshop crane to be able to lift an engine and a powerful vehicle to transport it

currently building an engine is difficult, and I think moving it should be difficult too

I partially agree with you on that, But what I'm saying is that once an engine is placed in a mine it should stay there forever since they get pulled out like immediately if no one is watching, and then hidden by grievers only to be inaccessible forever. Make them act like diesel pumps Jason, Too much hard work gone in minutes!

#14 2019-08-09 23:50:07

pein

3 small towns had double engines and not the ones who had oil on their own
and no sign that they would have had farms near it
they just stole it so the iron inflow stops
the last engien i made, it was made from scrapped hoes, knives, swords, took a timing mechanism on foot 400 tiles, a distiller on foot 300 tiles
so on so on. there was close to  0 iron on map and most steel was mad into stuff like multiple hammers, froes and such, mostly weapons

hard to measure but i think you would need to hoard all map in one place, break it, then you could have made two more engines, that's how low we were 2 days ago
then i dropped 24 and 60ish iron profit on the engine and we had 3-4 working cities

making the chisels and the first kero(technically, fortress city had oil, but no fire, no kindling, no water left) takes a while then you travel around and hide the engine again
i met with lava? in NÉ city and she too kback 2 carts, i took 2 first life, 2 second life and just used her chisels and NÉ city kero (possibly from fortres city) to gather as much as possible
i was 59.5 when i hid my engien and key and i got back in 10 min, my grave and my lost horse was gone

it was 2 lifes i did all this, found a lock and locked away the engine, and was there in the locked box for a day, some people seen it but no one cracked it
i quite enjoyed cause it was hard to do all this, required a lot of knowledge about the state of each town but it's not something i want to do every each life

Board footer