One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-08 19:26:12

Karrots

Mediocre stories still make for interesting lives

My name was Edwina Williams, a male in the Williams village. Our village was located next to the top of the rift. We were a mixing pot of people, brown and white.

Yet somehow being so crowded we were still rich and had lots of unique foods and clothing. I think that was our downfall, being too complacent and proud of our riches to realize when things were going wrong.

In my young years I felt suffocated. The city was disorderly and crowded, skeletons old an new littered the ground. We had limited space inside the town's walls, so I took it upon myself to make change. Donned in my white sweater and trousers, my heavy wolf hat covering my scalp and worn rabbit fur shoes planted into the rocky Earth I began my life's work, carting bones outside the gate.

As my work continued and I grew older, I began to scavenge trinkets from the dead. I soon had myself a knife secured in my backpack and an ominous key I kept in the pocket of my trousers.  I never did find what the key was for, but I did find a lock blank that might've been related. Later, I passed on both of these treasures to those I deemed trustworthy (or people I thought would be the most interesting running around with a knife).

When I wasn't clearing away graves I repaired the fences, fed, and clothed abandoned children.

In my old age, my trusty cart breaking, I came across a young boy. I fed him nearby food and gave him clothes from the closet before dropping him off at the fire. He was very insistent on getting the medical apron, though I didn't think much of it.

Later, I saw the boy running around screaming at a woman I later learned was my sister. The woman had stolen the medical apron off of him, and he was livid. I chased after her and ordered her to give it back. The woman ignored our pleas, and so I grabbed the shaft of my knife and stabbed through her abdomen. Others gathered around, ready to take action against me. But with the boy's help, we explained the situation and the lad recovered his medical apron.

In my last days I found a woman who I had conversation with before. I gave her the key, and when asked what it was for, could not answer. I just told her to keep it close as one day it may be useful should she stumble upon a lock. To the boy I gave my knife, and told him if anyone tried to steal from him again to make good use of it. I knew it wouldn't end well, I just thought it was funny.

It was in these final moments that villagers started to crowd around me, the eldest in the village, asking me to say peace. I stood in front of a foreign woman and proudly declared "PEACE." As the official notification appeared on the screen, I took my last breath. Surrounded by friends, family, and one kid with anger issues and a knife.

I may not have done much, but my life remained fun and memorable nevertheless. A mediocre story made for an interesting life. Such is the beauty of OHOL.

This is the life, if you care > http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5122033

#2 2019-08-09 00:51:36

MrDorito (AKA: Dorito)

Re: Mediocre stories still make for interesting lives

11/10 would read again

#3 2019-08-09 11:41:11

pein

made the fortress there, 40 right to village
yTQCiE3.png

they eventually realized how much better it is so they moved in and scavenged the stuff from the nearby dead camp
they were expanding it a bit, then weird fences all around the old spot, but most of people still stayed inside the old spot

ZZlBDyy.png

eventually we found 2 oil and the one near NÉ town ran out so had to make new for convenience, there was 2 tarry spots right above the new kilns i made

btw i made tons of aprons and loom clothes, and generally went back NÉ at a point of my life
i refilled iron here and NÉ so it went a bit longer

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-08-09 12:10:57

sigmen4020

Great story. Something we don't get enough around here anymore.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

Board footer