One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-07 17:55:04

MistressZues

Can we just all agree to end it all

I feel the server needs a new start. Lets just all not log in tonight and have the apocalypse trigger. A fresh start seems to be needed.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#2 2019-08-07 17:59:30

Potjeh

Re: Can we just all agree to end it all

Yeah arc end requirements are too hard now. The world is essentially dead because there's no iron.

#3 2019-08-07 18:04:08

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Is there consensus here?

Unfortunately, I don't see anything telling in the data logs that looks like a reliable trigger condition.

That's the hard part... knowing when it's gone bad, automatically.

At some point, I may have to make it player-triggered.

#4 2019-08-07 18:06:57

jasonrohrer
Administrator

As for being out of iron, does that mean you are out of oil as well?

#5 2019-08-07 18:12:00

MistressZues

jasonrohrer wrote:

we still have oil however we cant harness it since all the iron is gone. now wrought iron for the drills etc. Unless we could take apart the old drills we have no way to harness the new tarry spots.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#6 2019-08-07 18:12:00

Potjeh

Nope, plenty oil left, but griefers have successfully removed all iron and all diesel engines, so there's no means to get more.

Anyway, as far as requirements go, I still think you should go back to having just an initial Eve window and then end the arc when all families die out.

Last edited by Potjeh (2019-08-07 18:13:05)

#7 2019-08-07 18:15:18

Grim_Arbiter

jasonrohrer wrote:

No there's still a few terry spots left..

There was just one of the most massive coordinated efforts that has ever happened in this game.

Its objective was to steal all the iron and resources from towns and hoard it while at the same time killing all the children they got.

And it STILL wasn't enough to bring down everyone.

Most of the stuff they took made it back out into the population but they did stifle the oil production process.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#8 2019-08-07 18:21:39

pein

wlDiavB.png

1. decayed, looted, nothing left there
2. it's fenced, wasn't inside, it seems people were locked in , i seen a dead person, and possibly 2 families, not sure
3.decayed and looted
4.decayed and looted
5.new camp, going ok, has possibility to make engien but if it's stolen then i don't think people can scrap together enough iron
6.decayed and looted, griefed
7.decayed and looted
8.new town, one exit, close to depleted iron, seems it was reset around it, they petty thiefs takins other people tools from their hand
9. decayed and looted, griefed
10. still going, they just got bck sheep, the cisterns were griefed and some doors blocked
11. not much, empty pen, cisterns, engine to the left
12. decayed, looted, griefed

i cant tell for 100% but:
there is no loose iron
there are no engines on any depleted mine
the total amount of tools, steel, and scrap wouldn't make more than 2 engines? requires to scrap a few weapons

so basically 2-5-8-10 can be called decent, but quite depressing

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2019-08-07 18:23:27

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

PLEASE RESET IT. PLEASE. This is the most slow painful death ever. Please reset it

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#10 2019-08-07 18:24:37

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Jason they steal all the engines, me and some friends made iron for everyone but that engine was stolen along with everyone elses. We can't do anything to get iron.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#11 2019-08-07 19:17:03

MistressZues

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Jason they steal all the engines, me and some friends made iron for everyone but that engine was stolen along with everyone elses. We can't do anything to get iron.

We NEED a reset but we also really really need a better way to actually BAN griefers from server. They already outed themselves on the come join us on the trolling discord post. just ban those ppl.

#12 2019-08-07 19:18:25

schmloo

Yes to reset.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#13 2019-08-07 19:26:35

Twisted

I feel like the world is much less enjoyable to play in in its current state compared to pre-rift and the early rift days. It's just a mess of murders and griefers and discarded items everywhere.

The reset condition of ~34 families is almost impossible to trigger any time soon with the current playerbase. I think it should either be reduced or reverted to one of the previous reset conditions until Jason gets back from his vacation and has time to brainstorm and implement a new end trigger.

But then again, if the world is reset, it's going to end up in the same state after ~30 hours and a lot of people will be asking for a reset yet again. If the world is reset I think the rift size should be increased drastically and then we can compare the two play experiences.

The largest rift radius was 1000, but we only had that for a few hours. I think if it was increased from the current 354 tiles to 1500 (a drastic increase), just for one arc, we'd get a significantly different gameplay experience, but one that would be more enjoyable to most players. We'd still need to wall off our cities and establish rules, but it would no longer be a non-stop murderfest.

#14 2019-08-07 19:31:37

DarkDrak

i just went across the map and found a total of 2 dark nosaj. so unless someone hoarded at least one endstone, player-triggering an apocalypse is impossible now.

And im pretty sure that reaching 35 families with 70 players is also impossible 'cause even if we reach 30, it's gonna take more than 12 /dies for someone to spawn as a 31st eve.

So yeah, this arc wont end until jason manually nukes it.

there's still an engine someone hoarded away though. But it cant be ok for the whole map to get their iron from one single engine.

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

#15 2019-08-07 19:59:30

Grim_Arbiter

Twisted wrote:

The largest rift radius was 1000, but we only had that for a few hours. I think if it was increased from the current 354 tiles to 1500 (a drastic increase), just for one arc, we'd get a significantly different gameplay experience, but one that would be more enjoyable to most players. We'd still need to wall off our cities and establish rules, but it would no longer be a non-stop murderfest.

Wait I thought the rift was 707x707 tiles?

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#16 2019-08-07 20:06:39

MistressZues

It doesn't matter what we do if Jason keeps allowing for the admitted griefers and trolls to play the game. If you pay to get into a club or restaurant you can still get kicked out for bad behavior no refunds. It should be the same for this game. Anyone sent to Donkey town more then once should be banned even if just for a period of two months or something.

#17 2019-08-07 20:07:33

Twisted

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Yeah, it's 707 tiles wide and tall, so 354 tiles from the center to edge. I looked at the github and the rift size is denoted with the radius there so I used that number. Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more clear.

#18 2019-08-07 20:31:51

Grim_Arbiter

Twisted wrote:
Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Yeah, it's 707 tiles wide and tall, so 354 tiles from the center to edge. I looked at the github and the rift size is denoted with the radius there so I used that number. Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more clear.

Oh no it's saul goodman, I just wanted to make sure.

I agree that setting it at 1000 by 1000 might be the most optimal step foward from here.

--Grim

#19 2019-08-07 22:43:06

Stormyzabeast

I just miss the days of Eve camps... Everything's limited and confined. I hate it

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#20 2019-08-08 00:49:54

The_Anabaptist

I don't know, if you can find a horse & cart, right now its like your playing as Mad Max. 

Just driving around looking for your next bite of food. 

If I'm in a charitable mood, I'll load up some wild wheat sheaves or firewood and drop them off at the nearest bakery.  Otherwise just scour the wasteland to find that rare tool and then make everyone cry as you drive by them slowly with it sticking up in the back of the cart.

The_Anabaptist

#21 2019-08-08 14:17:56

MistressZues

Stormyzabeast wrote:

I just miss the days of Eve camps... Everything's limited and confined. I hate it

I miss eve camps as well. but with no wild mw or loose iron we have no way to develop as eves anymore.

#22 2019-08-08 16:22:47

JonySky
Website

I hate the mess that exists right now in the game ... trees cut everywhere, roads, abandoned clothes, corpses anywhere on the map ...
I also miss the exploration of the map and the surprise of finding a corpse of some EVE or some citizen of a nearby city, or an early camp !!

#23 2019-08-08 21:13:01

BladeWoods

I thought things were better with an eve window. Also it seems very hard to reach the required family number when the number of players drop.

#24 2019-08-08 22:44:45

sigmen4020

Is the current arc not over yet? Maybe Jason should realize that he has put up an impossible reset condition. Kinda glad that I haven't played on the main server the last few days. Sounds like a big mess.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#25 2019-08-08 23:43:25

Phuckoff04

sigmen4020 wrote:

Is the current arc not over yet? Maybe Jason should realize that he has put up an impossible reset condition. Kinda glad that I haven't played on the main server the last few days. Sounds like a big mess.

+1

Board footer