One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-07 14:34:23

JonySky
Website

School of sado

I need to tell you something Jason ...

I don't care if you've implemented war swords in a multiplayer breeding and civilization game
I don't care if you've implemented a magical nuclear bomb (monument of the apocalypse)
I don't care if you introduce war
I don't care if you support griefers and murderers
I don't care if you've decided to change the game completely
I don't care if you've decided to get into a mouse trap
I don't care if you like watching families fight for nothing
I don't care if you like to see your peaceful players who bought the game suffer without knowing how it would end
I don't care if you like racism
I don't care if the game doesn't follow the course of the story and it won't even look like

But please!!! solves desynchronization, bug abusers, disconnections, lag and hackers !!!

I can deal with many things ... but this seems too "sado"
It gives the feeling of playing an abandoned game

nobody likes that:
they kill you with a war sword from 5 tiles away
walk and receive an arrow from nowhere
see people appear out of nowhere by my side
see naked people and an instant later be fully dressed
people who run much more than you
people who walk with leaps when you chase them with a sword

please do not implement more "interesting" mechanics if the engine or netcode is not prepared to deal with it
It is annoying to all players (griefers, murderers and pacifists)

oh, and if you can also solve the replays display, in order to report an error it is sometimes necessary to review 1 hour of play (real time) ... no thanks!

Last edited by JonySky (2019-08-07 14:41:42)

#2 2019-08-07 21:43:45

pein

Re: School of sado

i seen a baby holding a baby
i was like wtf, before i tap on screenshot, the lady have grown, had clothes and was holding a baby

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-08-07 22:10:55

Grim_Arbiter

pein wrote:

i seen a baby holding a baby
i was like wtf, before i tap on screenshot, the lady have grown, had clothes and was holding a baby

Lol it's definitely a sight to walk into a village and see a baby spew out a whole sentence while crying and then turn instantly 30 right infront of you.

Made me laugh very hard.

I just wish they were older and turned all the way into an old man.

But yeah in an ideal world it wouldn't happen. Ive only seen it once so its not something super common.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-08-08 17:01:57

lilbogrusboi

EXACTLY
I've had this problem since day one. He made an update to stop the (sometimes) 5 times clicking the same thing over and over again. As well as seeing people who are not there. And I'm like dude these people walk 5 times faster than me. Whenever I'm being carried by a player with lots of fps I see the scribbles on my screen and my mom keeps going back and forth. It gives me a headache.
Please Jason. I know I say my laptop is a bit slow but on every other game I play it has some bit of competency. Other online games work perfectly fine for me. But yeah ohol has a big problem and it needs to stop

I'm still lagging

#5 2019-08-08 17:58:58

Saolin

The only oddity I've seen is when an item/baby elastic band across the screen into someone's arms. Seen it lots, makes me laugh.

#6 2019-08-09 10:48:13

JonySky
Website

Yesterday I saw a horseman jumping again to catch us with the sword of war, luckily I could hide (thanks to the Awbz mod)
I have also noticed that some problems with disconnections have returned for a few days,
Also yesterday there was a massacre in my city and I saw sword wounds again from 5 tiles away

I have noticed this with the AWBZ mod and with the vanilla version (without mods)

Unfortunately, these "events" cannot be reported when you play with the MODS activated since the automatic recording system does not work with mods
and if you play in vanilla, you must necessarily view the entire game played to verify if the event has been recorded
we need the options of a video-player to be able to go to a specific minute of the recording and not necessarily have to visualize the entire game

Last edited by JonySky (2019-08-09 10:49:04)

#7 2019-08-09 16:45:36

testo

- I have been attacked with a sword with no emote trigger.
- I have been attacked with a sword from more than 3 tiles away (I was running away from the attacker, who hit me while chasing me).
- Several times I have seen people charging faster than others to kill.
- I have seen people moving normally after killing with a knife.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

Board footer