One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-09-14 16:55:48

DestinyCall

Re: Join our knew trolling discord server

WalrusesConquer wrote:

The only time I ever enjoyed a griefer's murdering spree is when they made it interesting. The guy never spoke, he just /joy all the time.
I thought he wanted some thing so I let him to this fenced in garden. He pulls out a knife so I leg it.
We got a killer in a very big box basically.
It was actually pretty fun because somehow he escaped and got a horse and would hide in the shadows (like a thriller)
Eventually he died but it was just us in an abandoned city apocalypse style.

TL;DR
At least be more entertaining than random killings.

Why would a murderer care if his victims were properly entertained before they die?   Your enjoyment doesn't matter.   It is completely beside the point.

If you can still have fun while being griefed, that is great for you.  But people do not grief towns to entertain other players or make the game more interesting.   If they cared about other people's feelings, they would not be murderering them and destroying their hard work.   The primary goal is to ruin the fun of others while fueling one's own twisted amusement.  Laughing while the world burns and the villagers freak out.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-09-14 21:11:05)

#52 2019-09-14 17:00:58

Anhigen

None of this problem is helped with how many YouTube videos there are on just killing people. I get that those channels are trying to come up with spicey content--it's a whole ass click bait game--but there isn't other types of videos on OHOL. I imagine this kind of publicity attracts players who want to form cults that go on killing sprees or sacrifice people to create apocalypses.

Everyone talks about how great milk is, no one talks about how many bb cows you must let die...

#53 2019-09-14 23:18:08

Jk Howling

608025007217704970.png?v=1

-Has ascended to better games-

#54 2019-09-15 06:35:16

ThatGuyWhoDoesThings

Griefing is fun, i get a sense of adrenaline when i grief, just working in a boring town is boring, griefing is exciting

#55 2019-09-15 07:49:35

CatX

ThatGuyWhoDoesThings wrote:

Griefing is fun, i get a sense of adrenaline when i grief, just working in a boring town is boring, griefing is exciting

I do realize that real pvp games require a lot of skill, and I'm sure a lot of people who try them feel like losers and so have more fun shift-clicking in OHOL. But consider this, if you play a pvp game with a higher difficulty level, the sense of achievement when you do win over others will be earned. It will add to the fun and make your enjoyment all the more fulfilling.

#56 2019-09-15 08:11:24

DestinyCall

Griefers don't want a challenge, CatX.   They are the in-game equivalent of a forum troll.    They want a win-win scenario.  When the coin flips, it is "heads I win, tails you lose".   No chance of failure, no chance of disappointment.   

If you let them play the game their way, you've already lost.

#57 2019-09-15 08:15:08

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

KILLING UNARMED PEOPLE IS FUN

I AM THE BEST AT VIDEO GAMES

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#58 2019-09-15 11:13:24

breezeknight

Anhigen wrote:

None of this problem is helped with how many YouTube videos there are on just killing people. I get that those channels are trying to come up with spicey content--it's a whole ass click bait game--but there isn't other types of videos on OHOL. I imagine this kind of publicity attracts players who want to form cults that go on killing sprees or sacrifice people to create apocalypses.

yes, there is one YouTuber who doesn't play OHOL to simulate PvP - Cothfotmeoo
& he's as frustrated with the game as any peaceful OHOL player who wanted to play the game to craft, build & cooperate

btw, i can't stand any other OHOL YouTuber, so yeah, you're right ...

- - -

#59 2019-09-25 05:09:19

schmloo

smh every time i see this.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#60 2019-09-25 23:20:27

AnobeseWalrus

Its ironic that a woman who bullied someone for griefing is now in the griefing server. smh

#61 2019-09-26 06:27:15

pein

All i know that these heroes bumped to a heavy wall when they tried to kill me, from any range, now noob griefers went crazy cause there isn't a way to stop it, you either try to run after them, or you are scared of death for a whole game. While they don't care about playing legit, so they can't lose anyway. PVP must be skill based or take that whole shit out o the game. Deadly combat based on bad intention, what a joke.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer