One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-09-09 13:23:41

Rosa

Re: Join our knew trolling discord server

really hope this is a troll post, even in the slightest off chance that it is...geez.

#27 2019-09-09 15:15:35

DestinyCall

Of course it is a troll post.   Lots and lots of trolls, in fact.

#28 2019-09-09 15:24:05

Telafiesta

This post was created by a salty member of discord who isn't part of the group we don't actively greif and most of the time you can find our group in normal general chat when we are playing... this post is old and part of a smear campaign that was ran against us discord users who made their own base and only passed gate perms to people we could confirm are trust worthy... this obviously made people mad who felt excluded (even though all are welcome to join vc and play with us).

I will not play ignorant we have organized group raids and many other events and even did do a day of greifing, but that day was in response to the community making post like this and other comments call us greifers enough and we might just try it out

#29 2019-09-09 19:02:50

schmloo

Telafiesta wrote:

This post was created by a salty member of discord who isn't part of the group we don't actively greif and most of the time you can find our group in normal general chat when we are playing... this post is old and part of a smear campaign that was ran against us discord users who made their own base and only passed gate perms to people we could confirm are trust worthy... this obviously made people mad who felt excluded (even though all are welcome to join vc and play with us).

I will not play ignorant we have organized group raids and many other events and even did do a day of greifing, but that day was in response to the community making post like this and other comments call us greifers enough and we might just try it out

Yeah, no. That is completely fucked. Since you’ve owned up to being a part of the group that built their own private base in several rifts, you are also owning up to raiding towns of players (consisting of more and more new people as time went on) day after day, hour after hour. Do not play the victim card. I’ve been in one of those voice chats during the 8-day rift and it’s pretty shameful.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#30 2019-09-09 19:34:16

NiGB0

People of OHOL remember to curse, if we curse them, they will be not able to play HAHAHHA

Eve Gomez

#31 2019-09-10 02:00:34

ollj

so sad, you're all kicking a dead cow. like the hypocrites and associoal assholes that most of the people in that group are.

i stopped playing ohol ever since the rift came back after its great vacation.
looks like i did not miss anything important.

Last edited by ollj (2019-09-10 02:03:29)

#32 2019-09-10 15:06:14

breezeknight

sigmen4020 wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

you can have your convenient overview mods* but don't come whining about griefers

*convenient overview mods
1. zoom
2. info about gender, fertility & whatnot reducing co-players to numbers

So if I use the mod I’m not allowed to complain. That’s completely backwards logic. The mod is a tool and nothing more. Griefers happen to use it(how is that in any way related to me?) why am I then treated as complicit in their actions for just using the same tool but for a different purpose.

By your logic you aren’t allowed to complain about gun murders, because you own a gun. In game you are not allowed to complain about knife murders, because you have a knife in your backpack. Owning a tool apparently prohibits you from criticizing bad actors for using said tool for bad acts.

If you think griefing would suddenly vanish with a removal of zoom mods you are ridiculously naive.

you benefit from the mods that benefit griefers, that's how it is related to you, check your own logic
in fact, you support griefing, indirectly

about knives in OHOL,
actually i complained from my very first post here, 1.5 years ago about the easy kills, no matter if knife or not
would have been an option to make killing harder, but players like you who want to have it "convenient" have always spoken against any such change & just look at the number of players still bothering to log on now, after steam release, lol
i'd say - reap what you sow lol

but, relax

you don't need to fear that knives will be nerfed or that the access for those overview mods will be restricted,
cause holy Jason Rohrer still prefers a tight community of griefers over a wide community of builders

so all just a useless drama, about those mods - THOSE MODS WON'T BE DISABLED lol

we won't be even ever able to know if i'm right or not, because those mods won't be disabled lol

i am just fighting the good fight for the sake of what i see as wrong, no matter if there's any perspective to ever succeed
so relax man, holy Jason Rohrer is on your side lol

- - -

#33 2019-09-10 15:11:40

sigmen4020

breezeknight wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

you can have your convenient overview mods* but don't come whining about griefers

*convenient overview mods
1. zoom
2. info about gender, fertility & whatnot reducing co-players to numbers

So if I use the mod I’m not allowed to complain. That’s completely backwards logic. The mod is a tool and nothing more. Griefers happen to use it(how is that in any way related to me?) why am I then treated as complicit in their actions for just using the same tool but for a different purpose.

By your logic you aren’t allowed to complain about gun murders, because you own a gun. In game you are not allowed to complain about knife murders, because you have a knife in your backpack. Owning a tool apparently prohibits you from criticizing bad actors for using said tool for bad acts.

If you think griefing would suddenly vanish with a removal of zoom mods you are ridiculously naive.

you benefit from the mods that benefit griefers, that's how it is related to you, check your own logic
in fact, you support griefing, indirectly

about knives in OHOL,
actually i complained from my very first post here, 1.5 years ago about the easy kills, no matter if knife or not
would have been an option to make killing harder, but players like you who want to have it "convenient" have always spoken against any such change & just look at the number of players still bothering to log on now, after steam release, lol
i'd say - reap what you sow lol

but, relax

you don't need to fear that knives will be nerfed or that the access for those overview mods will be restricted,
cause holy Jason Rohrer still prefers a tight community of griefers over a wide community of builders

so all just a useless drama, about those mods - THOSE MODS WON'T BE DISABLED lol

we won't be even ever able to know if i'm right or not, because those mods won't be disabled lol

i am just fighting the good fight for the sake of what i see as wrong, no matter if there's any perspective to ever succeed
so relax man, holy Jason Rohrer is on your side lol

- - -

You support murderers every day you use a kitchen knife. You benefit from the kitchen knives that benefit murderers.

Therefore you support murder indirectly.

You see how dumb your logic is now?

Also it might help you to get off that high horse of yours sometimes. lol

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-09-10 15:24:06)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#34 2019-09-10 20:19:38

breezeknight

sigmen4020 wrote:

You support murderers every day you use a kitchen knife. You benefit from the kitchen knives that benefit murderers.

you wrote that only to have it mirrored to what i wrote, you didn't even think before you wrote

there is no easy one hit kill option in life, in real life
not every attack IRL with a knife or any other sort of a weapon is deadly

eg, i made a long time ago a suggestion to change the easy 100% one hit kill in OHOL to a random chance & a backfiring chance
oc nobody was interested & holy Jason Rohrer won't change that at all

just admit it, you are sitting on the high horse tongue
i am off the OHOL horse & doesn't look like i will be back again lol

- - -

#35 2019-09-10 21:59:00

sigmen4020

breezeknight wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

you wrote that only to have it mirrored to what i wrote, you didn't even think before you wrote

there is no easy one hit kill option in life, in real life
not every attack IRL with a knife or any other sort of a weapon is deadly

eg, i made a long time ago a suggestion to change the easy 100% one hit kill in OHOL to a random chance & a backfiring chance
oc nobody was interested & holy Jason Rohrer won't change that at all

just admit it, you are sitting on the high horse tongue
i am off the OHOL horse & doesn't look like i will be back again lol

- - -

So you’re not on a high horse when you claim that at least half the game’s population are accomplices to griefing. I see that you’re morally superior to us griefer supporters. It’s you who are accusing all mod users (a significant portion of the player base) of being griefer supporters. Ergo you are claiming to be morally superior to people using zoom mods. How is that not being on a high horse? How about you stop projecting? lol

I’m not gonna willingly handicap myself in game just because of your retarded moral compass. I don’t care if you don’t use the mod or not, good on you if you can tolerate playing without it. I’m not demonizing a part of the player base, you are.

But according to you we should all bow to the moral compass of the all-holy breezeknight, who is not on a high horse at all. He is just objective superior to all us lowly mod users. lol lol

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-09-12 08:02:53)

#36 2019-09-10 22:19:55

schmloo

ollj wrote:

so sad, you're all kicking a dead cow. like the hypocrites and associoal assholes that most of the people in that group are.

The term is “kicking a dead horse”... unless that offends you somehow?

#37 2019-09-10 22:25:03

DestinyCall

schmloo wrote:
ollj wrote:

The term is “kicking a dead horse”... unless that offends you somehow?

I think I'm going to start using the phrase "licking a dead cow" for when you keep doing something, even when you know it is pointless and wrong and you should really stop it right now.

But if you want to get all technical, the correct saying would be "beating a dead horse".   Kicking is reserved for dogs and buckets.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-09-10 22:29:03)

#38 2019-09-11 01:55:44

Joseph Stalin

small pp gang

#39 2019-09-12 21:26:02

breezeknight

sigmen4020 wrote:

So you’re not on a high horse when you claim that at least half the game’s population are accomplices to griefing. I see that you’re morally superior to us griefer supporters. It’s you who are accusing all mod users (a significant portion of the player base) of being griefer supporters. Ergo you are claiming to be morally superior to people using zoom mods. How is that not being on a high horse? How about you stop projecting? lol

I’m not gonna willingly handicap myself in game just because of your retarded moral compass. I don’t care if you don’t use the mod or not, good on you if you can tolerate playing without it. I’m not demonizing a part of the player base, you are.

But according to you we should all bow to the moral compass of the all-holy breezeknight, who is not on a high horse at all. He is just objective superior to all us lowly mod users. lol lol

looks like you just prefer to omit the reason why i wrote about the overview mods - GRIEFERS

instead you stoop down to insults - thank you

btw
the "significant portion of the player base" is not that significant if the player base shrunk to 59 players playing at a time
it indicates rather that most players just abandoned the game & griefers have a lot to do with that
but you tell yourself, that the overview mods have nothing to do with that - exactly what i suggested in my original post lol

- - -

#40 2019-09-12 21:41:02

Telafiesta

@schmloo you were in call? I remember you lurking for about 5 minuets one day lol I think you rode to our camp and requested a duel, besides whiny a very forgettable experience. I see that my game knowledge and skills has indeed upset you and for that I defiantly do not apologize, get good then I'll remember more of your story, but until then keep practicing, or forever be remembered as that one guy who complains about people not playing the game the way he sees fit.

#41 2019-09-12 23:18:44

sigmen4020

Telafiesta wrote:

or forever be remembered as that one guy who complains about people not playing the game the way he sees fit.

That description fits breezeknight more than anyone. If you don't play the way he wants you to play you are a griefer supporter or an elitist.

#42 2019-09-13 03:45:52

schmloo

Lmao this has to be a joke for all of these points:

Telafiesta wrote:

...I think you rode to our camp and requested a duel...

Correction, a town, most likely full of new or peaceful people, you all killed. And if I remember correctly none of you had the balls to come out and face me after I took out a couple of you. Oh and I swatted a bunch of you outside another town too, alone as an Eve. You can dish it out but you can’t take it. Was a while back so I too am a bit hazy on what happened.

Telafiesta wrote:

...I see that my game knowledge and skills has indeed upset you and for that I defiantly do not apologize...

Hm, yes. Game knowledge, like abusing the dropping of swords after a kill and keeping several in carts? I’d clap but I’m drained of energy just cringing through all of this.

Telafiesta wrote:

...or forever be remembered as that one guy who complains about people not playing the game the way he sees fit.

Genuine question, what is the way that I see fit exactly? Are you just talking about me disliking your habit of sitting for hours upon hours, day after day, killing towns in the name of a “reset”? Which was a stupid idea anyway because if I remember correctly, it required basically everyone that hadn’t been pushed away by your groups pathetic, mindless griefing to spawn as an Eve? And on top of that you went straight back to raiding after the 8 day rift. Or do I simply have one single way that I want everyone to play? Either way, I’m sure your answer would be pretty laughable.

Last edited by schmloo (2019-09-13 03:56:50)

#43 2019-09-13 05:22:59

pein

i mean pxshadow and telafiesta are fun people with good game knowledge
it's an honor to get griefed by them

don't really get why people are so stubborn on jasons vision, all you berrymunchers take it for granted that someone does all the work and even after that you complain cause doesn't fit into your communistic utopia bullshit

that's why we need a skill based combat, dumbfucks with magic aim try to flex their skills in a non skill based """combat"""" """""""system""""

btw nothing smaller than 7x7 could be called a decent setup, even without zoom
i can heat up 11-12 steel or pottery on one fire and there is enough space to do a decent spaced out town where you can store your shit and be organized, so the "vision" of shortsightedness isn't really helping on that manner

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#44 2019-09-13 06:30:03

PXshadow

pein wrote:

you complain cause doesn't fit into your communistic utopia bullshit

I could not agree more, and the general label of griefing for the vast majority of people that can not stop themselves from using the word, simply means "something that I do not like or do not admire"

PXshadow#9132
Senior full stack developer

#45 2019-09-13 08:19:02

Mr meeseeks

You guys should go fuck yourselves and stop ruining this game.

Sometimes I love griefing and trolling, but it definitely should not be organized.

There aren't enough players, and there isn't enough balance. You literally ruin the game for everyone

Please do fuck all the way off.

Last edited by Mr meeseeks (2019-09-13 08:24:09)

I'm Mr Meeseeks look at me.

#46 2019-09-13 08:26:22

breezeknight

you can define griefing as you like but one thing should be clear to that meager rest of people who are still bothering to log on to play OHOL

this game had from the get go a severe griefer problem
not only the majority of updates endorsed griefing but the whole set up of the game is based on the two fronts
AGGRESSIVE GRIEFERS AGAINST PEACEFUL PLAYERS
it's not by design but it does nothing to adress that fundamental issue
i wrote about that issue already over a year ago, lol

& as of now, to me it seems
GRIEFERS WON

the low number of players speaks for itself
because those once interested in the idea of the game are either struggling as a microscopic group or are just gone

the only question remains - how long for holy Jason Rohrer to keep the severs running for that handful of players ?
cause the big hope that came with Steam that there will be a bigger number of players vanished faster than those players before
i've been playing this game since april 2018
my original entusiasm came by & by to a grinding halt, my excitement about what was promissed in the trailers, what i saw in the screenshots & what holy Jason Rohrer promissed repeadedly in his posts was sobered by being killed for no reason whatsoever than just griefing fun & because the player just could kill me without any repercussions at that time & to this day the "punishment" for griefing changed a lot but the gameplay still caters to griefers more than to any other player & is still way more attractive to play it destructively than to play it constructively

the most glaring indicator about OHOL's griefing problem should be the simple lack of discussions going on here in the official forums about
BUILDING CIVILIZATION
&
PARENTING

but there are numerous threads posted since i've been playing about killers & griefing

it pains me more than anything else to give up on yet another unique idea for a game, which just falters because the dev just doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on with the decling number of players although many people before they went away have stated what is driving them away

but well
maybe i was just mistaken & this project was DOA, a still born child from its very beginning
makes me just sad, because i had several very pleasant experiences in this game but it all is drowned in a sea of the unpleasant
& afaik there are no players who stay when the gameplay is unpleasant

& yes, you can say that if the gameplay is unpleasant then i should stop playing, i wrote that myself to those first players i encountered leaving after the decay update, but i have to admit, back then i didn't realise that this is not a singular occurance of disgruntled customers & that they are not just the wrong players for OHOL, those players were lured in with false ads & were playing a game never intended to exist but they were there & they were brushed aside without even rethinking what is going on
& while this occurance was my first about people extremely unhappy with the changes made it was by far not the last
the changes made to gameplay all drove players away, again & again & again
& as i see it, there were no changes made that would bring new players in or even better, there were no changes made that would bring players who went away back to playing OHOL & stay & enjoy playing it & praise the changes as fundamental improvements!!!
so something is fundamentally wrong here !

i wrote already in the thread asking what's OHOL's biggest issue, that it's its VISION
i am meantime absolutely confused about what the vision for OHOL is, because the most glaring problems which prevent me from playing are still there while just a tiny portion of what would make me playing again was realised
in short
the stress i started to encounter since i was killed for the first time while playing OHOL remained overwhelming while the joy to play was always vanishingly small
& this is not a formula for a succesful game
i'd say, those players who are not playing anymore see it in a similar way
& the numbers don't lie, looks like the number of players willing to put themselves through OHOL's gameplay is miniscule

so either the way how this game is presented to customers has to align with how this game is being actually played by those players still present
or
the gameplay has significantly to align with the ads & OHOL's presentation

as of now OHOL is an unbalanced extreme niche project
nothing else

it also pains me to admit
my expectations ragarding holy Jason Rohrer seem to have been very wrong
i believed him as he stated that he wanted to make OHOL as successful as Minecraft, yes, there was a time where he wanted to do that but then after the griefers just took over the gameplay he switched to Rust, lol
yeah
he just should align the ads for OHOL to that & just stop pretending that this game is about "building civilization & parenting", cause so far, since 1.5 years IT'S NOT
it's at best about the constant struggles against griefing, lol

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-09-13 08:29:28)

#47 2019-09-13 08:36:21

Mr meeseeks

Mr meeseeks wrote:

You guys should go fuck yourselves and stop ruining this game.

Sometimes I love griefing and trolling, but it definitely should not be organized.

There aren't enough players, and there isn't enough balance. You literally ruin the game for everyone

Please do fuck all the way off.

I feel like the unnecessary novel might leave my comment unread.

Griefing is a fun part of the game, but don't take it to extremes. You're driving players away.

I'm Mr Meeseeks look at me.

#48 2019-09-14 04:09:36

Lava

pein wrote:

i mean pxshadow and telafiesta are fun people with good game knowledge
it's an honor to get griefed by them

don't really get why people are so stubborn on jasons vision, all you berrymunchers take it for granted that someone does all the work and even after that you complain cause doesn't fit into your communistic utopia bullshit

that's why we need a skill based combat, dumbfucks with magic aim try to flex their skills in a non skill based """combat"""" """""""system""""

btw nothing smaller than 7x7 could be called a decent setup, even without zoom
i can heat up 11-12 steel or pottery on one fire and there is enough space to do a decent spaced out town where you can store your shit and be organized, so the "vision" of shortsightedness isn't really helping on that manner

That's pretty fucked pein. I make more engines in a week then people do in their whole time playing.. My shit gets grieved. The shit that I make, not a communistic system where I use everyone elses crap, I make my own shit. also, Tela that post was made before yall were exposed. Your funny still trying to justify raiding, killing everyone, stealing all their iron, Chopping all the Junipers, Engine greifing, Constantly triggering the apoc, I mean the list goes on and on. I was in your VC for like five minutes, and I witness your "group activities" all the time. And lets not forget it was your group who triggered the apocs constantly even before the rift smh.

#49 2019-09-14 04:13:22

Lava

PXshadow wrote:
pein wrote:

you complain cause doesn't fit into your communistic utopia bullshit

I could not agree more, and the general label of griefing for the vast majority of people that can not stop themselves from using the word, simply means "something that I do not like or do not admire"

The idea of greifing is ruining someone elses fun/work and that's exactly whats happening.. the definition of greifing hasn't been distorted its just became so rampant that that people are saying things aren't grieving when they clearly are. When something becomes so common the extremities become normal, and the normal becomes non existent and that's where the concept of greifing is right now.

#50 2019-09-14 16:06:14

WalrusesConquer

The only time I ever enjoyed a griefer's murdering spree is when they made it interesting. The guy never spoke, he just /joy all the time.
I thought he wanted some thing so I let him to this fenced in garden. He pulls out a knife so I leg it.
We got a killer in a very big box basically.
It was actually pretty fun because somehow he escaped and got a horse and would hide in the shadows (like a thriller)
Eventually he died but it was just us in an abandoned city apocalypse style.

TL;DR
At least be more entertaining than random killings.

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

Board footer