One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-07 01:22:41

pein

Fortress experiment 4.0

I was cutler, my Eve mo malready had 3 girls and a son
They wanted to go south, i told them go central north

People were hoarding stuff over there , 4 horses, tons of iron, around 20 sets of clothes, tools, pottery
the fence decayed, i ran trough it when i went to né town and i thought it's a good spot for an eve

they followed me up until north but then they stuck over a tiny room and a camp, they were possibly alive for a while

So i arrived alone at the camp, all in ruins, around 6 iron
most tools still there
an old lady with her only daughter and soon granddaughter
she built a fence aroudn it, but wasn't finished yet, i took her rope, rare commodity
i didn't wanted to kill them and she was peaceful she didn't seem to mind i make new camp
but then a nameles black lady ran in and kill her then her daughter, i killed her and her daughter starved, so i had control over everything

sheep was griefed, all bones there, berries dead mostly
not enough space, too much garbage
but the left side badlands were regenerated, was unseen for 8 hours which is weird considering was a camp near it, no one went 50 tiles outide?

I made some tools and had 2 sons in meantime, then a few girls
2 girls were very decent, son lived long, was nice person

i started to build a fortress right side of it 40 tiles, to the next deep well
and i just raised my kids and elft them on the old camp
eventually i had like 7-8 kids who stayed, some were decent
i made a pen, 2 longer sides of the walls, then planted a bit of berries
wheat, milkweed
that was it i died of old age

some eve joined them and they were living peacefully

i go right back there as a kid of my daughter
i even hid my clothes just in case

with the small amount of berries, i was finishing the walls except the gate locations
fencelock on bot left
gravelock top and bottom
gate on right, was quit a lot of trees there, so i had to clear it, iwas ready with the walls in like 20 min
then carrot planted, left to seed
told others don't take every signle water from there, especially other side had well too, same 40 left, the main town depleted the newcommen and no chance on making engien on that mess

then it came a massacre, a black family came and killed most of us, a guy invited me over to help kill them
they already killed the last fertile female, a girl kid and a baby girl survived
i stab the lady, and with nepfew we kill the babies too, just in case
i went back to my fenced area, takign the girl with me, i stab the eve with sword and had time to feed her, geared her up, explained the exits
soon my nepfew came with knife wound but i seen nobody around

not even 2 min later, when i finally got to the poitn where the gate was ready and the 2 boens digged to gate, and i needed flat rocks
2 odler ladies came and stab the rest of people
i dodged them and was ready to kill but she got the lil girl inside my fence
oh well, that always happens, like i only need the gates and some idiot kills the females or me

was quite sad that i end my life alone, at age 40, the raiders werent that interested in me, so i got that flat rocks and locked up the fence
gathered some packs and tools inside, then i met a new Eve, came on horse, told her to follow, i let her in, gave her access, soon she popped babies
i made an oven just before the attack, but only had like 6 plates
i did a few carrot pies

she had very fast 6 kids, under 4-5 min
made 1,5 compost  in my last years
her son was fixing the bushes

was quite fragile compost cycle, 12 carrot seeds, 2 weath and 16 bushes
actually i don't think would support more than 10 people for long, and at least 2 has to be decent, ideally the mutton pies can be done over and over
but they gotta realize tht the city is near, need to brign over the rest of the shit, especially the newcommen core, to produce some more water

it's small enough to be defendable, big enough to sustain a smaller family
i will be curious on the ruins

yTQCiE3.png

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2019-08-07 02:09:45

Saolin

Re: Fortress experiment 4.0

I visited you!  In your second life; I had the same last name as you.

I asked to borrow your shovel, and then metioned that my town had no iron.  You said to try the town East, but I was worried I'd get murdered if I went there.  Ended up getting murdered anyway riding a horse through the wilderness looking for Iron (didn't find any).

Sorry to hear your base was vanquished.  Why did you chop all your trees down?

#3 2019-08-07 13:03:27

pein

also told you there is loose iron just left of the old town, like 60 tiles all was regen, i got 3 iron out of 6 starting with

it's important to make it square, more overseable, i left 2 so a fire can be made, well 4 as one was inaccesible by stumps and the other wasn't disturbing much, it was mostly yew and that tinder thingy

you only need one fore tinder one for leaf, then rather plant stuff, mapple mostly, some pine for firewood (8 per hour), some for branch if you got none nearby
possibly 2 rubber

it's 17x19 if i count it right, just fitting max zoom, technically can fit a forge too, i wouldn't say stew would work

it's ok, if it has the sheep alive and some of the tools there, it can be restarted later
it still counts as a succes, rather than fixing a bad town, i made a new and it worked, had compost,  some water, and potential to host a smaller family safely

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-08-07 14:30:58

pein

ZZlBDyy.png

there is a city there with engine, quite cramped

#5 2019-08-07 14:31:18

MistressZues

I was there last night we were three families all with the williams last name and all understood each other. The place was expanded and a door was added to the bottom opening. The outside had decent stew farm and a mass grave of all the families as well as a large cow pen. It was a good life. It was in between your first and last post.

Your last post is after my family died out I believe. All my cousins were male and my mom was the only girl who was stabbed by a random eve when I was born (a boy) a woman from your families line raised me her name was Carroll she was only fix years older then me. When I was grown I started looting war swords from my dead family members and making sure she an her kids got them since she was also the last girl in her family.

Last edited by MistressZues (2019-08-07 14:35:26)

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer