One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-05 12:46:52

Vexenie

Fruit trees

vh7zPbN.png

We do have mango trees, BUT

Why don't we have apple trees? Mangos are only in the game cuz they give leaves to make YELLOW PAINT in the painting walls update with red, blue and white paint.

Jason, if you can, after your two week vacation, maybe implement some fruit trees.
Just one works, but if only one is added, please, make it an apple or pear tree, or even orange.

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#2 2019-08-05 12:53:05

karltown_veteran

Re: Fruit trees

I wouldnt mind some peach trees

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#3 2019-08-05 13:04:18

Amon

Apples are great. Apples are amazing.

Apple slices, dried apple rings, apple juice -> apple cider -> apple cider vinegar
Apple pie... apple kompot...more and more and more!

Personally I'm not a fan of apples. I live in an orchard.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#4 2019-08-05 13:37:00

Vexenie

Amon wrote:

Apples are great. Apples are amazing.

Apple slices, dried apple rings, apple juice -> apple cider -> apple cider vinegar
Apple pie... apple kompot...more and more and more!

Personally I'm not a fan of apples. I live in an orchard.

All what I heard from your post was: "APPLE!"

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#5 2019-08-05 14:45:22

Karrots

God yes, so many new fruit recipes. Pies, cider, juice... this opens up so many possibilities. Maybe even a fruit salad. I hope Jason adds more fruit

#6 2019-08-05 16:10:47

Carrot-Seedling

Can we have the Good Eating 3 update? Fruit trees, BALANCED fruit recipes, and fixed salsa? And maybe other stew types?

+1 Vexenie

You have now laid eyes upon the one and only Raidan Allcock on the leaderboards. tongue

#7 2019-08-05 17:07:51

Amon

The eat tomato raw update =P

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#8 2019-08-05 21:57:31

Villas

It would be more realistc as well.
All of our civilizations, no matter the race or the place, are based on berry farms. When there are no berries, every kid starts to eat any food and it ran out quite fast.

I would like to farm bananas, why not? I would like to see, some farms as efficient as berry farms, and see different families being based on different foods. Rice, bean, wahoo, apple, grape. And mangos are hard to eat, we need to knives and plates. I have a mango tree on my garden, IRL, and when there are mangos, I just pick them, wash and eat, without using knives or plates. If it was easier to eat, I bet there would be more mango trees in towns.

Bear, cow, bison meat is a good idea as well, we eat them in real life, why not in the game? It would generate a lot of different kind of pies, imagine "Banana pie".

The game is going well, Jason is making good changes, he has a lot of work to do and I would like to see those foody update in the future, would be amazing.

#9 2019-08-06 02:31:26

Starknight_One

Villas wrote:

It would be more realistc as well.
All of our civilizations, no matter the race or the place, are based on berry farms. When there are no berries, every kid starts to eat any food and it ran out quite fast.

I would like to farm bananas, why not? I would like to see, some farms as efficient as berry farms, and see different families being based on different foods. Rice, bean, wahoo, apple, grape. And mangos are hard to eat, we need to knives and plates. I have a mango tree on my garden, IRL, and when there are mangos, I just pick them, wash and eat, without using knives or plates. If it was easier to eat, I bet there would be more mango trees in towns.

Mango skin contains a compound which has cross reactions with urushiol, the toxin in poison ivy and poison sumac. Susceptible individuals can contract dermatitis of the lips, tongue, and gums. Don't eat mango skin, kids. (Don't lick the stems or leaves of the plant, either. But most people wouldn't do that.) The flesh of the fruit (and the juice) are safe, however.

#10 2019-08-06 05:40:04

Villas

Starknight_One wrote:

Mango skin contains a compound which has cross reactions with urushiol, the toxin in poison ivy and poison sumac. Susceptible individuals can contract dermatitis of the lips, tongue, and gums. Don't eat mango skin, kids. (Don't lick the stems or leaves of the plant, either. But most people wouldn't do that.) The flesh of the fruit (and the juice) are safe, however.

Of course I don’t eat mango skin. What I know is that I eat mango since I was a kid, peel it using my teeth, it’s very common in my country since we have mango trees everywhere. We are careful, grandmas always say “don’t touch mango’s ‘milk’, it might burn your skin”. But it’s ok, a human being is able to peel a mango with his own teeth without getting hurt.

#11 2019-08-06 13:10:34

Starknight_One

Villas wrote:
Starknight_One wrote:

Of course I don’t eat mango skin. What I know is that I eat mango since I was a kid, peel it using my teeth, it’s very common in my country since we have mango trees everywhere. We are careful, grandmas always say “don’t touch mango’s ‘milk’, it might burn your skin”. But it’s ok, a human being is able to peel a mango with his own teeth without getting hurt.

Personally, I wouldn't go that far... I'm a little susceptible to the toxin, I think. My fingers itch when I peel mangoes to make something; I'd probably be one of the ones who get dermatitis. And dermatitis of the lips and gums sounds particularly nasty.

(Also, that wasn't really directed at you, just a general informational post. Glad to know you're not eating the skin.) smile

Board footer