One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-04 14:36:21

Lava

No family can even survive!!

This Game is Horrible atm a family dies out and get replaced with another eve in under sixty minutes, Engines get griefed and stolen to be hidden in the wilderness. Someone killed all the animals in the northern part of the map. It's not good! Way too many eves and their children roaming and it sucks for city families!!

#2 2019-08-04 14:53:14

Lava

Re: No family can even survive!!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … front_page

Look for your self This is outrageous.
Return to eve window, please

#3 2019-08-04 16:18:12

Morti

There are lots of towns and abandoned camps, try to make peace with folks.
Most people who would stab you have zoom out mods, if you do too you can talk to them from off screen.
Try saying "HI" and "PEACE", even if they don't understand, those are now the most common two and five letter words people are likely to share.
Give them a peace offering like some food or clothing from the wild, then if they say another two letter word after the first, it's probably TY.
Follow that up with YW and I think both parties will understand.

I'll tell ya, if I find clothing in the wild, and I get to a town with people, one of the first things I do is give my clothing to their kids.
Hasn't failed to calm a storm yet. Then you can look around for some less desirable clothing and work your way up from there.

#4 2019-08-04 16:23:28

Lava

I hold up a love emote bring sixteen iron to the Lola town and they still dont let me in i then get stabbed

#5 2019-08-04 16:23:36

Morti

Just be sure to work hard if you're a new Eve in a big town.

Do the most mundane things people don't want to do, like soil and water berries and hardened carrot rows, feed the sheep and make compost.

Just don't stand around naked in the cold eating the berries; make food and clothing to make up for the additional stress on the towns food production.

#6 2019-08-04 16:25:00

Lava

Morti wrote:

Just be sure to work hard if you're a new Eve in a big town.

Do the most mundane things people don't want to do, like soil and water berries and hardened carrot rows, feed the sheep and make compost.

Just don't stand around naked in the cold eating the berries; make food and clothing to make up for the additional stress on the towns food production.

That's the thing. They don't let you in they either kill you or you get let in and stabbed later once a person gets a warsword

#7 2019-08-04 16:28:13

schmloo

I’m never going to change my mind - swords either need a significant nerf or a decent on-the-spot counter. Fencing off towns does not work against someone dedicated to blocking in a town. And you can’t run away as people with swords seem to be much faster than those without. The person running away or defending should have some kind of advantage against the person attacking, not the other way around.

Last edited by schmloo (2019-08-04 16:29:04)

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#8 2019-08-04 16:56:55

Morti

Lava wrote:

I hold up a love emote bring sixteen iron to the Lola town and they still dont let me in i then get stabbed

Just keep doing good and be cautious, people will learn.
We need time, and experience.
Just be kind. If someone stabs you, at least you did something good for them.
It's not your fault. As long as you're doing good, you should have no regrets.
Just be good, and don't feel bad for being good.

When you really understand that, you'll never have regrets again.
It's really liberating; from fear, anxiety, sadness, confusion.
The sooner you learn to accept that reward, the greater your whole life will be.
And here, you get infinite lives.
Why spend your time playing being unhappy?

And another thing, if you're here to help people, just keep in mind the ones who can benefit most from your help; those people who are using weapons on others, they need to know, most of all, how a good person handles a bad situation. Be kind to them, maybe even drop them a three letter word to think about, like ILY.

At the end of the day, we're all the same core of 30 people, from one ingame family to the next.
And throughout the day, 30 or so people come and go. Set a good example, got the new people who are just learning, and the old ones popping in to see how things are going.

--

I'm very tired, falling asleep at the PC.
Have I repeated myself?
Just be good.

#9 2019-08-04 18:13:11

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Well, we're probably near the end of this arc....

Though the area ban setting may be a bit off in this context.  I'll take a look.

#10 2019-08-04 18:19:42

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Actually, I just tested it myself.

I was able to /DIE through six families (or areas) before becoming Eve.  That's okay, right?  You have to get born in other places for 1.5 hours before getting born back in the same location again.  The distance away is 100.  Maybe that's a bit too big?  That means there are 49 "bins" across the map to get born into, which I think is plenty.

So I don't think fams are dying out due to area ban.

The map may need to be a bit larger, which I may do before I skip town...

#11 2019-08-04 18:29:38

Dodge

I've seen a lot of tarry spots still left, probably enough for a week or maybe more, wouldn't say the arc is about to end.

#12 2019-08-04 18:39:46

Lava

jasonrohrer wrote:

I was able to /DIE through six families (or areas) before becoming Eve.  That's okay, right?  You have to get born in other places for 1.5 hours before getting born back in the same location again.  The distance away is 100.  Maybe that's a bit too big?  That means there are 49 "bins" across the map to get born into, which I think is plenty.

Its not area ban we just have too many eves trust us I have been playing for hours and I either am an eve or im an eve child they take away from the population that kills families.

#13 2019-08-04 18:45:31

Dodge

Maybe Eves should only spawn when too many babies die, and it's close to the end of the arc or if there is too few families.

And not being able to  /DIE until you're Eve.

#14 2019-08-04 18:47:27

Lava

Being Eve is super easy I get eve just slash dieing three times on average it makes the game unplayable because i cant spawn on any of the big families if i wanted to long term.

#15 2019-08-04 19:15:35

Lava

jasonrohrer wrote:

So your telling me you /die six times and were not born to an eve? I think you were, and this is the problem I am discussing in this topic that eve and their kids are destroying families across the server

#16 2019-08-04 19:39:10

Dodge

Lava wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

So your telling me you /die six times and were not born to an eve? I think you were, and this is the problem I am discussing in this topic that eve and their kids are destroying families across the server

"I am discussing in this topic that eve and their kids are destroying families across the server"

What do you mean by destroying? how do they do that?

#17 2019-08-04 19:54:58

Thaulos

Maybe an Eve Window could be open once per real life day for 1 or 2 hours instead of constantly?

That would freshen things up while keeping the eve chaos confined.

#18 2019-08-04 20:18:33

Lava

Dodge wrote:
Lava wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

"I am discussing in this topic that eve and their kids are destroying families across the server"

What do you mean by destroying? how do they do that?

Eves don't have a town they spawn on. They just wander about and players are being used up as their children rather than being put in towns. This kills the people in towns since there are not many children and once an eve moves into a town this same cycle will repeat. Eves give birth more often and divert the population of players away from cities and into wandering. This is why there is no long family tree because of the eves and their children are cutting player population.

Last edited by Lava (2019-08-04 20:21:10)

#19 2019-08-05 07:37:19

Potjeh

Yeah it doesn't make sense to have Eves in a depleted map. Bring back Eve window and just end the arc when all families die out.

#20 2019-08-05 09:22:40

Dodge

Having Eves can be interesting late game, there is no more ground iron so you have to find an abandonned camp or try to integrate an existing village.

Main issue is there is too many of them so it makes existing villages die due to lack of girls.

Problem is the current fail condition is based on having a high number of families, so the fail condition needs to be changed first.

How do we avoid a baby apocalypse like in the first arcs? And what should the fail condition be?

#21 2019-08-05 09:56:05

Amon

That or return the eve spawning condition that was introduced and removed a while ago, with people just cycling from mother to mother again if there are too many fertile women.
However that would ruin the #mapresetcondition

Last edited by Amon (2019-08-05 09:56:45)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#22 2019-08-05 11:36:18

PeaGirl

There have been several occasions, where family wanted to be (solo family), so they wanted to keep their family safe from other families from interrupting them.
It was this one ginger family, that kept shooting brown ppl who kept coming to see us with hearts on their heads. Angry faces didn't make them go away so we had to have few of them shot, and gain free loot. It's sad but simple 'go away' doesn't work nowadays when they think it's 'hi sexy'.
They didn't go that far, but they had quite an ambition.

Sometimes eves have to understand, that some families just simply 'don't' need you. If they needed you, they would probably show it, but it's often very unlikely. Eves just gotta try to struggle through elsewhere and wish they get a good spawn to live in.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#23 2019-08-05 11:56:59

sigmen4020

PeaGirl wrote:

There have been several occasions, where family wanted to be (solo family), so they wanted to keep their family safe from other families from interrupting them.
It was this one ginger family, that kept shooting brown ppl who kept coming to see us with hearts on their heads. Angry faces didn't make them go away so we had to have few of them shot, and gain free loot. It's sad but simple 'go away' doesn't work nowadays when they think it's 'hi sexy'.
They didn't go that far, but they had quite an ambition.

Sometimes eves have to understand, that some families just simply 'don't' need you. If they needed you, they would probably show it, but it's often very unlikely. Eves just gotta try to struggle through elsewhere and wish they get a good spawn to live in.

How long was this ago? Because I remember playing as a ginger last Friday and encountered a brown family making angry faces inside their settlement while I /loved outside. I was looking to trade clothes for iron since my town had no iron at all. I left pretty quickly afterwards though since it was clear I wasn’t welcome. Maybe they had problems with other gingers in the past like you mentioned.

I found only one friendly settlement willing to trade and that was probably because it only consisted of two people (a mom and her baby son). She was willing to trade a basket of iron for a backpack filled with wooden shoes. The iron I got even though small in number did seem to help my home settlement quite a bit, since they were missing a pair of shears in town. I spent the last of that life standing by the town gate, giving every family member that passed me access.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-08-05 11:58:19)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

Board footer