One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-01 06:11:55

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Failure of a failure condition

This last arc was supposed to wait 2 hours for things to settle, and then reset if we ever had > 15 families.

It lasted 122 minutes (2 minutes after the 2 hour settling period).  Oops.

How many families were around right at the end?  Looks like exactly 15:

APO
BLUE
CONSTANZO
DEATHERAGE
DONKERS
FIRESTONE
FRAZIER
GOMEZ
GREEN
JAYSON
MORSE
NEW
STARR
STELLAR
YELLOW

Hmm....

So, obviously, this is the wrong number to count as a failure state.

I'll set it to 25 and see where that gets us tonight.

In the future, it will have to be based on the current player population somehow.

Right now, at this moment, we have 60 players and no more than 14 families around.  So maybe 1/4 the player count is a "normal-ish" number of families.  Maybe 1/2 the player count would be insane (30 families).  That would mean 1 mother and 1 BB pairs all over the map.  So that will probably never happen.  But between there... between 15 and 30 we get... 22.... let's call that 1/3 of the player count, eventually.  I'll do 23 for tonight, to be safe.

We also probably need a log of player counts and family counts when each person joins, so we can see how this varies over time.

#2 2019-08-01 06:30:21

Psykout

Re: Failure of a failure condition

Is there any way to incorporate lineage depth into this? I'd rather hear that a reset happened because no families got past Gen X, than there was not enough Y families at Z time. This might be a way to get us past the infamous "Nocturnal Infertility" that has been an element for eons.

Last edited by Psykout (2019-08-01 06:31:07)

#3 2019-08-01 09:07:53

pein

Re: Failure of a failure condition

i was one of the overhelmed moms at the end of the other arc
other than suicide kids, which was a lot, i got all the people to me
i know cause it was an idiot kid spamming yohoo and ill, and while i killed him i got like 6 kids born to me
i counted 12 which was only the ones who did not suicide

i think 3 people is decent number, with a tiny biome i would settle with 1 kid at a time but no reason not to take on boys, so one boy one girl on average is good

i really think babies should go where is more food collected, like your survey does, should check for food in area, divide pips by peeps and if it's less than say 3 min worth of food (1 pip a second, 12 pip a min, 36 pip worth of food per person), so if people got no food they get no kids, while baking pies or fixing bushes would increase the chances

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer