One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-29 12:30:33

Lum

"NO ONE ESCAPES"

I am afraid there is great evil at work in this world, and I am not talking about the Mad God Jason. Please let me recount my story, so you understand what happened to me and how it shook me to the core.

I was born in "Freedom Villa", a town outside the rift populated by the Holly's. My life went well. I wore beautiful, fancy clothes. People were fond of me, and I healed many young ones when some murderers tried to bring us down. I spent fourty years in tranquility, and even made a few friends. One of them turned out to be a killer, so we put him down. The other one... was nice. He wore orange trousers and we got along well. We healed some people together, we took justice into our hands during a few incidents. Soon we bonded and he shared a secret with me. We were 40 years old by then.

- There is a plane. I want to find it. Know the plane?
- I've heard about it, I responded.
- Let's go look for it.

So we made our way to the West, through the wilderness. My friend told me the plane is used to bring iron to the rift. I was amazed, not only that someone would take the time to craft a plane and load it with iron, but also that we, who lived an easy life, would act with such altruism and help the others survive ; I realize now that, perhaps, helping them was just a way for us to survive too, because their death most likely meant ours.

I lost sight of my friend and kept going West, living off berries, burdock roots and cactus fruit. Soon I gave up and decided to head back to Freedom Villa. That's when I found it. Out in a swamp, surrounded by a fence, I stumbled upon the craft. It was like a secret hideout. A corpse was hidden behind a tree, knives were aligned on the ground, empty kerosene tanks too. I took the discovery in (needless to say, I had never seen a functional airplane in the game, ever.)

I ran back to my home, wearing new green trousers and a shining gold crown. It felt like I was coming back in triumph from a great war, or a perilous expedition. My friend was home too.

- Heyy!! I found it!
- Nice.
- Look at my crown!
- You are a king.

The only thing that was on my mind now was how badly I wanted to share the discovery with my friend. I told him we'd need kerosene tanks, he told me to bring two. In less than a minute, I was running West again, followed by my dear friend who had talked me into this in the first place. I felt smart for finding it before him, too.

We arrived. He looked impressed (as much as one can look impressed using the limited set of emotion this game allows.) We stood there for a moment, admiring the aircraft. Then he took out his knife and stabbed me.

- Oh.
- I'm sorry. Only one for the ride.
- I just wanted to show you. I didn't want to go.
- Sorry.

This revelation didn't come quite as a shock. I just felt disappointed, angry perhaps. To me, this plane was a miracle, an incredible feat from which all societies benefitted. It's like we, the Holly's were the nice and great and beautiful Americans throwing food supplies over the continent of Africa. That's how I saw it. My... friend, however, saw things differently.

- ... Why?
- I gotta wreck this machine. Reset the rift.

That's when it clicked. His goal was to destroy the thing and bring the families inside the rift to exhaustion. He wanted to cause a reset. He wanted us all to sink back in misery. As he put it, right before I died from bleeding out too much:

- NO ONE ESCAPES.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5061376

The friend: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5061376

As you can see, I never realized Jakelyn was my brother...

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#2 2019-07-29 12:37:29

ollj

Re: "NO ONE ESCAPES"

ha ha

#3 2019-07-29 12:41:50

Lum

ollj wrote:

ha ha

ollj, sweetie, was that you? you naughty boi

#4 2019-07-29 12:47:53

Coniculls13
Website

Decent plot twist

Maintainer of Two Hours One Life - a curated OHOL server. Discord https://discord.gg/atEgxm7

#5 2019-07-29 12:51:33

Tarr
Banned

Why the fuck would you ever show someone where a plane is? People spent hours working on that thing and keeping the plane safe so the people inside the rift would survive through the night.

You very likely gave the plane to the guy who I not once but twice had to fight off when he made a trap runway to try to compromise our flights. The plane was specifically only being passed around in the discord to trusted members who could then DM the location around to keep the thing safe.

In what world does a random person need a plane? I guess we know who to blame for if this arc ends at least.

fug it’s Tarr.

#6 2019-07-29 13:06:06

Lum

it was in plane sight

edit: and by that i mean, he wouldn't have needed me to find it, Tarr. It was right there, north-west of the camp, open to anyone to enter. you don't have to pretend this is serious, or that you're worth more than any other player.

Last edited by Lum (2019-07-29 13:07:56)

#7 2019-07-29 13:21:25

Lava

Lum wrote:

it was in plane sight

edit: and by that i mean, he wouldn't have needed me to find it, Tarr. It was right there, north-west of the camp, open to anyone to enter. you don't have to pretend this is serious, or that you're worth more than any other player.

We all spent a damn long time on it not just him. It fucking sucks knowing ur hardwork is gone because of a troll.

#8 2019-07-29 13:43:42

Lum

Lava, I know that, and I agree. It sucks. But know that he would have found it regardless of my involvement. He was still young, and it stood right there outside of the main town, unsecured.

#9 2019-07-29 13:47:43

Lum

Also, I apologize for showing the plane to a troll.

#10 2019-07-29 13:51:31

Tarr
Banned

Lum wrote:

Lava, I know that, and I agree. It sucks. But know that he would have found it regardless of my involvement. He was still young, and it stood right there outside of the main town, unsecured.

It was unsecure because the gate apparently didn't get passed down (which is my fault for not using a door and lock.) You specifically lead a guy nearly 200 tiles away from town in a specific direction which is on you.

It's just frustrating to have the plane swiped from a (once) secured location. I'll just make sure its much further away from town in the future to prevent someone randomly walking up on it again.

fug it’s Tarr.

#11 2019-07-29 13:52:26

Tizzy

To be fair, Lum didn’t realise their friend was a troll, it was a bit naive though. It’s a shame that hard work was ruined, RIP plane.

#12 2019-07-29 14:04:34

Lum

It definitely was extremely naive on my part. I am trusting and hopeful by nature. If there's anything I can assure you, it's that I learn from my mistakes and that it won't be happening again.

#13 2019-07-29 15:16:09

denriguez

Whoa, Tarr, pump the brakes. Yeah, it sucks, but like many people, I generally assume the best in folks and probably would've done the exact same thing. I always go for an exciting shared experience if given the chance, and searching for--and finding--an airplane would be a really exciting shared experience. Don't blame Lum for some asshole ruining your secret club's plot to circumvent the rift design. Give a little grace, no?

#14 2019-07-29 15:25:48

karltown_veteran

. . .
I can imagine how horrible you would feel afterwards, Lum, and it definitely wasn't your fault.

Also, ollj, idk why you're feeling special right now. Any old idiot can take apart a plane but only the best gamers can put one together. And I hope Lum cursed you.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#15 2019-07-29 15:29:52

karltown_veteran

Also, my condolences to Bunny. I once made two radios (there were two in Northtown and two in Southtown, we could communicate and I was so proud.) only to have them picked apart multiple times (I had to keep repairing them). Then finally I came back and all the parts had been stolen for them, I gave up. It was really pretty frustrating.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#16 2019-07-29 15:51:03

Karrots

You have pretty bad people judgement. One was a killer, one was a troll.

#17 2019-07-29 16:26:17

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

RIP The plug has been pulled the Hammers are off Life Support.

At least you guys got an engine and oil from the previous iron air drops.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#18 2019-07-29 17:30:34

Ilka

Big evil is a small ollj.

And then the little oiij complains that he can not play, because bad people send him to the Donkey Town.

Last edited by Ilka (2019-07-29 17:31:02)

#19 2019-07-29 20:01:44

ollj

the fuck is wrong with you, you think i take apart a plane just for writing "haa haa" in here.
that sure is some dumb jumping to conclusions.
you fucking dimwits. i dont even feel like i have to tell you that i care not at all for your dumb plane or antithing that happened inside hell cell.

you have your sick slave roleplay without me, leave me out of your bullshit opinions.
hell cell was always an idiot magnet, a dumbed down version of ohol, that pretty much just kept all the idiots out of the free towns outside of hell.
and oh boy did it work great.

for 2 days i constantly sidsed out of hell, i was never near any plane.
2 days i got praise by whole towns for things I did there instead.

i just stayed in hell cell for one dumb life today, only 2 towns clinging on 2 of 4 corners, against all odds and sure without any future.
i killed 4 bears and gathered many items back to those pathethic towns, but mostly explored the mess that is hell cell.
it was so retarded, retarded, retarded, in terms of gamewplay to whitness all this dumb shit, that it put me off playing ohol for good.

i sure care for good game design and basic balancing and entertainment/humor is core of that. and there sure is no such thing in ohol with(in) a hell cell.
which is why i constantly stayed outside of that cesspool.
game dev is outed as someone who is into virtual torture and weird self punishment, and you keep playing his game vision, and do wichhunts, and actg in pathetically paranoid ways, and cry like babies over virtual items in a game that has proven beyond a doubt that it could not care less about persistence.

thinks that take 13 hours to construct in this game are constantly and easily sabotaged in 10 minutes, and dumb people just keep whining about this, instead of paying it the respect to its game designer that it deserves; none!

I feel dumber for even mentioning these obvious things here.
what is this, the simple english wikipedia, an explain like im 5 posting?

---

on naivity, in ohol a naive mom gets herself and all her children killed. somehow you failed to not learn that simple lesson.

---

on sheer idiocy, an mmo that was for a wehole day a literal concentration camp simulator, im surprised this has not blown up yet.

---

on lum, i could not care less for your opinion on anything.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-29 20:12:35)

#20 2019-07-30 03:52:07

Nepetalactone

ollj you sound like a jojo villain lmao

#21 2019-07-30 17:47:18

Peremptive

ollj wrote:

game dev is outed as someone who is into virtual torture and weird self punishment, and you keep playing his game vision

wait what?

#22 2019-07-30 20:51:20

Lum

I was joking, ollj <3

#23 2019-07-30 22:28:09

karltown_veteran

ollj wrote:

that sure is some dumb jumping to conclusions

ollj wrote:

i care not at all for your dumb plane or antithing

ollj wrote:

in terms of gamewplay to whitness all this dumb shit

ollj wrote:

you keep playing his game vision, and do wichhunts, and actg

ollj wrote:

thinks that take 13 hours to construct

ollj wrote:

what is this, the simple english wikipedia, an explain like im 5 posting?

ollj wrote:

a wehole day

It's hard to take you seriously when your posts have this many typos.

By the way, ollj, considering both your reputation of griefing *and* the fact you posted a little evil laugh... it's almost as if you wanted people to think you were responsible, and then became defensive when it backfired and people got mad at you.

Edit: I added on an "English mf do you speak it" image, but I deleted it because that's kind of InSpace's thing.

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2019-07-30 22:29:36)

Board footer