One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-26 05:09:14

mensrea

New hard mode update is incredibly satisfying

I had a string of early age deaths, and a life lived until the despair of being unable to find milkweed to make progress in tech was enough to cause me to wander in search into inhospitable biomes and starve.

But then, I was born into an early eve town, pre-steel. Well, a man made clay pottery without putting the adobe on, leading to basically killing everyone in the town due to lack of kindling to make an axe.

I managed to live my whole life there, requiring thirty years or so to finally be able to make progress and smith a shovel and axe in the final minutes of my life. Then an eve and another person came with a child or two. Hooray, some people to take over. A hoe was next up and perfect to make the new berry farm around the shallow well.

Well, she picked up the bow and shot the other adult. Then shot and killed the children. I should have stood by more diligently to capture the bow between feedings.

That's a great life in my opinion, made possible by this update.

#2 2019-07-26 13:28:45

seth

Re: New hard mode update is incredibly satisfying

Yeah despite the chaos, some of this update seemed to call back to the early days of One Life for me - when people weren't yet good enough at farming to ensure a sustainable life.. Really curious to see how it goes..

#3 2019-07-26 16:29:36

ollj

Re: New hard mode update is incredibly satisfying

nah, while it is fresh, more dense and exciting/messy, overall its more broken and mostly a lot more lame gameplay in terms of strategy/coop.

the tiny play field is easily learnable in and out, and then it is VERY dull.

its not more aatisfying, its merely more random shit perminute.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-26 17:05:52)

Board footer