One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-20 11:13:29

Bob 101

What if their was no anonymity?

Not a suggestion but a hypothetical scenario.

Would you play differently if everyone had a username?

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-07-20 11:25:24)

#2 2019-07-20 12:59:58

Grim_Arbiter

Re: What if their was no anonymity?

As someone who probably announces themselves too much, I wouldn't mind.

I do like finding a familiar name, and meeting up unexpectedly in game, and I remember pretty much every time I bumped into someone on here or the discord.

I've only run into them all one time each, except for killian who I have run into at least 3 times haha. I almost can recognize him in game by his playstyle now. I feel like someone can easily recognize me in game that way too, if you what to look for.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-07-20 14:35:45

testo

Not going to happen anyways, but it would be awesome.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#4 2019-07-20 15:02:55

sigmen4020

Well that way we would at least be able to identify serial griefers and leave them to starve.

Or even better a stab, to lineage ban the bastards.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-07-20 15:03:48)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#5 2019-07-20 15:18:54

testo

sigmen4020 wrote:

Well that way we would at least be able to identify serial griefers and leave them to starve.

There would simply be no serial griefers, for the same reason. Someone could mass steal stuff/ mass murder then what? You come back to the same people? Not happening lel. Even worst, most info would be public on discord, nobody would raise you as a known griefer. That´s why it´s not going to happen, this game depends on griefers to "make it interesting".

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#6 2019-07-20 15:53:05

Tarr
Banned

testo wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

There would simply be no serial griefers, for the same reason. Someone could mass steal stuff/ mass murder then what? You come back to the same people? Not happening lel. Even worst, most info would be public on discord, nobody would raise you as a known griefer. That´s why it´s not going to happen, this game depends on griefers to "make it interesting".

Pretty much this. Jason loves his DRAMA and if you aren't living a life with DRAMA you wouldn't enjoy the game very much by his standards. It would essentially just end up like the discord where someone keeps a list of all the known trolls and passes it around whenever someone wants to know who is a bad egg thus making it much harder for that person to play.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2019-07-20 15:57:44

testo

Tarr wrote:
testo wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

Pretty much this. Jason loves his DRAMA and if you aren't living a life with DRAMA you wouldn't enjoy the game very much by his standards. It would essentially just end up like the discord where someone keeps a list of all the known trolls and passes it around whenever someone wants to know who is a bad egg thus making it much harder for that person to play.

In my secret dreams I´ve thought that maybe he could set up one of the small servers to play under a username just to "experiment".
It would be so damn interesting to see how the game actually plays out without griefers going around.

- Jack Ass

#8 2019-07-20 16:53:17

arkajalka

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

I do like finding a familiar name, and meeting up unexpectedly in game, and I remember pretty much every time I bumped into someone on here or the discord.

I've only run into them all one time each, except for killian who I have run into at least 3 times haha. I almost can recognize him in game by his playstyle now. I feel like someone can easily recognize me in game that way too, if you what to look for.

i've bumped into you several times, you just dont know it cause im so random and dont take part in the discord drama XD.

One of the most remomarable ones was the cactus valley town in middle of desert, where you would live out of cacti alone. Then someone just knifed everyone there cause you have drama factor with your surrname.

Last edited by arkajalka (2019-07-20 16:54:27)

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#9 2019-07-20 18:10:13

Grim_Arbiter

arkajalka wrote:
Grim_Arbiter wrote:

i've bumped into you several times, you just dont know it cause im so random and dont take part in the discord drama XD.

One of the most remomarable ones was the cactus valley town in middle of desert, where you would live out of cacti alone. Then someone just knifed everyone there cause you have drama factor with your surrname.

Oh damn that was a flashback..

I haven't been eve grim in a looooong time. The closest was eve grimwood back with the language update.

I then went to eve bigwood (bigwood forever) and then eve stromgren which is my last name on the leaderboards.

I like it always being new now, and I think my next eve names are going to be different coworker's last names.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#10 2019-07-20 18:35:23

arkajalka

testo wrote:
Tarr wrote:
testo wrote:

In my secret dreams I´ve thought that maybe he could set up one of the small servers to play under a username just to "experiment".
It would be so damn interesting to see how the game actually plays out without griefers going around.

Anonymity kinda gives you posibilities to do non harmfull stuff too. Like once i roleplayed mentaly handicapped man who works superhard on roadbuiliding and just shouts his own name. You can do other retarded stuff too that you dont want to be associated with xD...

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#11 2019-07-20 21:35:01

WalrusesConquer

I personally find it awkward if I find out someone on the discord is my kid and tells me before I die...hard to be a family when you can tell it's just an adult on the other side of the screen

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#12 2019-07-20 22:10:28

ollj

withot anonymity, people would curse snipe, and the curse system would finally have to change to something better.

#13 2019-07-21 16:29:10

pein

i had a lot when people asked my name just cause im fast clicky
but then there are haters and there are lovers and they are both annoying
if you would have a character or even a family tree or a guild or anything would make sense, in a permanent world you would need an ID
but you got 60 min and you got a rôle, a gender and all random stuff, you cant really imagine Mama Pein as Serial killer Pein and Uncle Pein
people say they recognize others but i bet i was a lot of time undetected
sure they can tell sometimes, but i guess it's just bs they keep repeating
been targeted even without, and either wanan kill you or want to get an autogram big_smile

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#14 2019-07-21 19:18:44

ollj

im not a fan of the wasd movement, it mostly just makes you move funny, kinda immersion breaking.

game story about name reveals:

met someone who was very rapid firing wasd moving like he had bees up his butt, who and rushed a knife, that i denied by hammering it, saying "hi pein"
person claimed to be "tarr", so i naively just believe that for now, as he acted reasonable enough to have me gift him my only knife (that i did not make but inherited, but had less use for as mother than he as hunter) and saying "im ollj"
he sure used it nicely for hunting, while i wasted kindling to cook only 3 turkeys, and made 3 pants while population was booming.

in the tree family, a family mostly of unorganized buttlog stackers that are like; "lets just stack 10 piles of charcoal at least 6 tiles away from anything else" and other disfunctional nonsense, we quickly trippled the population by being half of the population with common sense (minor lack of everything except raw turkeys and steel), and we had many parrots who rushed cart production from 3 to 9 carts within 40 minutes, which was reasonably proportional to population growdth.

i was worried about starvations happening, but then i saw 20 pies coming from a place i never bothered to visit, as if someone had a huge wheat farm somewhere or just used carts to gather a lot of wheat, surely not many rabbits anywhere nearby.
likely mostly meat pie, so it was "cooking time with ollj and tarr" in the tree family.

my life started with me making excess tools from excess steel, like 2-4 of each, (before that we had null atzde, one breaking hoe and null shovels, and if i smith, i smith a lot), and then tarr deciding to recycle a small portion of that, this is fine.
it peaked in naming most of my babies "youre with tarr and ollj"

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-21 19:26:32)

#15 2019-07-21 19:31:57

Tarr
Banned

ollj wrote:

im not a fan of the wasd movement, it mostly just makes you move funny, kinda immersion breaking.

game story about name reveals:

met someone who was very rapid firing wasd moving like he had bees up his butt, who and rushed a knife, that i denied by hammering it, saying "hi pein"
person claimed to be "tarr", so i naively just believe that for now, as he acted reasonable enough to have me gift him my only knife (that i did not make but inherited, but had less use for as mother than he as hunter) and saying "im ollj"
he sure used it nicely for hunting, while i wasted kindling to cook only 3 turkeys, and made 3 pants while population was booming.

in the tree family, a family mostly of unorganized buttlog stackers that are like; "lets just stack 10 piles of charcoal at least 6 tiles away from anything else" and other disfunctional nonsense, we quickly trippled the population by being half of the population with common sense (minor lack of everything except raw turkeys and steel), and we had many parrots who rushed cart production from 3 to 9 carts within 40 minutes, which was reasonably proportional to population growdth.

i was worried about starvations happening, but then i saw 20 pies coming from a place i never bothered to visit, as if someone had a huge wheat farm somewhere or just used carts to gather a lot of wheat, surely not many rabbits anywhere nearby.
likely mostly meat pie, so it was "cooking time with ollj and tarr" in the tree family.

my life started with me making excess tools from excess steel, like 2-4 of each, (before that we had null atzde and null shovels, and if i smith, i smith a lot), and then tarr deciding to recycle a small portion of that, this is fine.
it peaked in naming most of my babies "youre with tarr and ollj"

Yeah that was me. I was getting a knife to butter up some bread since I spent the early part of my life getting cows and a few buckets for milk. I ended up mostly just cleaning up the sheep pen and making plates and stuff for the pies we had. I was personally running out into the wilderness to fetch up the wheat/baskets since I didn't see a wheat farm in the village yet and figured we can always use more baskets at the end of the day. Made sure our cistern was filled up and we had plenty of charcoal for steel/running the pump.

Didn't feel very productive that life but at least stuff was going good when I died.

fug it’s Tarr.

#16 2019-07-21 19:41:44

ollj

the cake and milk things prevented a mass starvation.
3 of my tree-kids died between age 5 and age 7, terrible memerscore wise, but surely there was enough food by then.

Board footer