One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-15 02:24:58

Karrots

Roleplay "Rules"

Okay so "rules" because I can't enforce them. They're more like: Please follow these strong suggestions, otherwise you're just an a-hole.

1. RP in a way that is not a hindrance at the very least, or allows you to also contribute at the most. If your idea of RP is standing around and overeating high value foods while chatting it away, I'm sorry to say but you might as well be griefer. If you're going to do nothing, stay out of the way and eat reasonably. Don't go eating a fish every time you're one bar down. If you're a female, keep high yum and stay warm so you can at least have children to drop off with the wet nurse. Marriage is probably the best rp option because it encourages planting flowers, making clothes and being peaceful; all of which is encouraged.

2. Don't waste resources. I couldn't care less if you want to be a grave digger. Only if you get your own iron and flat rocks and prepare the shovels when the forge isn't being used would this be okay. You are not allowed to ruin our hard work for your fun. Your hour of fun as a roleplayer should never overrule the fun of a normal player. Believe me, I like to do some casual rp now and then mixed into my experience. I'll allow you to run around with a crown on your head as king/queen if you're not inciting wars. I'll allow you to run around pretending to get married if you're not inciting some yandere style drama. Just stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours.

3. Don't drag others into it. Don't kill the last fertile woman. Don't kill anyone who isn't actively rping with you. This should be pretty obvious and self explanatory. You roleplaying as a serial killer should have nothing to do with anyone who hasn't made it explicitly clear they are interested in becoming your prey.

Last but not least, this is for all my fellow minmaxers: Don't ruin the fun of roleplayers. They bought the game just like us and deserve a fair chance to play it as they want. It's like a countries laws, rights can't overlap. Your enjoyment can't get in the way of mine, but it's the same flipped. We need to accommodate each other. I see a lot of griefers saying they also bought the game and thus deserve tolerance for the way they play. I disagree, why should we tolerate your fun when you ruin all of ours? You're all hypocrites, and I'd be fine if you were all banned. Fortunately for you, daddy Jason disagrees. It'd be bad for business, and his holy image for what the game should be. So that's the end of my little rant, but... yeah. Goodnight.

#2 2019-07-15 04:55:34

AmberA

Re: Roleplay "Rules"

I role play quite a lot in this game and I like the list. But I'll add to it:

4. Remember that real children play this game and behave accordingly.

5. Don't be racist. I've found a swastika built out of floor boards in one city.

6. Learn how to be angry. I've heard "ni**er" "c*nt" and bi*ch" in this game more than any I've ever played. Rather than say hurtful things to other humans, go for a walk, watch some tv, do something else that isn't hurting others no matter how justified you think you are.

#3 2019-07-15 05:02:09

ollj

anyone whit a turkey on the head in main base for too long is asking to be killed.
anyone with a ckicken in the hand for too long is asking to be killed.
anyone who repediateld drops and picks ip the same titem, puppies or flat stones, is aksing to be cursed.

#4 2019-07-15 10:05:40

MultiLife

Yep, I agree.

I’m all in for positive RP. The most recent RP I was carefully invited in was by a baby, who I grew up with. He would make faces at me, and we made faces until we grew hair. We promised to be friends, and he said he’d go farm. I found an oil rig camp north, and got drawn to it; the town was a bit crowded so I enjoyed the quiet. I would make oil and collect branches I’d chop into kindling and stack at the oil rig camp. They’d be easy to be brought in to the town, too. I had made my own hatchet and stuffed kindling into my backpack and basket as I roamed around pulling (mostly yew) branches off the plentiful trees. My friend managed to find me there, he was impressed I got into working with oil.
Later on I started birthing children and sent them on their way to the town from my northern camp. As I held my third baby by the oil rig bonfire, my childhood friend walks into my camp, excited to find me again. He held a dress, giving it to me (he was a town shepherd). It was very sweet, and thoughtful. His brother walked in on us and fanboyed over us, saying ”just kiss already”. That was funny. Ofc we wrote lil’ kisses to each other. He told me the town is doing fine as ever, so that was good to know. Named my son to match his name, and then we parted ways again. Briefly I managed to teach my newbie daughter smithing, too.
In the end, he had to leave, so I said my love yous and goodbyes and told him I’d bury him and make a note for him. I buried him in the oil rig camp, leaving a note on his grave. I barely managed to do it, but I did, and died right after. Got some extra flat rocks for the town, too.

It was great, two effective players giving each other a bit of special attention, praising each other and overall being the little color in each others’ lives. A kindling maiden and a shepherd. big_smile

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-07-15 10:10:23)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#5 2019-07-15 11:08:44

arkajalka

ollj wrote:

anyone whit a turkey on the head in main base for too long is asking to be killed.
anyone with a ckicken in the hand for too long is asking to be killed.
anyone who repediateld drops and picks ip the same titem, puppies or flat stones, is aksing to be cursed.

I seriously dissagree turkey hat is the best hat! Flipping items is fun too, within limits.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#6 2019-07-15 12:36:06

pein

if you don't work you don't need packs, aprons and weapons

you should never run around in city with open weapon, i know is no more "accidents" but still, it's annoying and a reason to be killed

and don't steal horses just to run around with them, if you take a horse, first thing you do is bring a lasso at least and create a new saddle, bare minimum

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2019-07-15 20:01:46

testo

General rule for Roleplay:

Common sense.

It´s not that hard.

- If you brought a few baskets of iron and made a few tools: dig all the graves you want.
- If you want to be a king/queen: don´t push on others to obey if they don´t want.
- If you want to build stuff and make your own place, don´t hoard resources.

I am convinced one player´s work is enough to feed himself and at least two other players. That means if you want to stay literally doing nothing all your life is ok, as long as you don´t shit around other people.

If you take resources like Pein said, just make them work. Did you pick up the only cart in town? Bring rope and iron first. Did you eat something from the farm? At least plant and water something back. As I said, it´s really not that hard.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#8 2019-08-01 22:20:06

lilbogrusboi

testo wrote:

General rule for Roleplay:

Common sense.

It´s not that hard.

- If you brought a few baskets of iron and made a few tools: dig all the graves you want.
- If you want to be a king/queen: don´t push on others to obey if they don´t want.
- If you want to build stuff and make your own place, don´t hoard resources.

I am convinced one player´s work is enough to feed himself and at least two other players. That means if you want to stay literally doing nothing all your life is ok, as long as you don´t shit around other people.

If you take resources like Pein said, just make them work. Did you pick up the only cart in town? Bring rope and iron first. Did you eat something from the farm? At least plant and water something back. As I said, it´s really not that hard.

I strongly disagree if you are the queen you should KILL ALL WHO REBEL!

I'm still lagging

#9 2019-08-02 15:27:56

Aurora Aurora

You are trying to damped my artform, just because the queen has laid her crown to rest doesn't mean you can stomp all over her ground! Let the havoc of stories reign! This is the age of the crazy!

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

Board footer