One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-06 21:39:05

ollj

twelve arrows solve many things

so, i was thinking, what if, instead of collecting rope and or iron or kkindling/wood by horse, ui mostly make and collect arrows by horse.

this is actually a quite interesting traveling-salesman challenve, and ccan be VERY efficient, like, adding feathers to 6 arrows at once, and adding tip to 8 arrows at once is quite fun.

so, within 20 minutes, you flood your hometown with arroes, and a message "here are twelce arroes, have fun murdering each other"
the nect ten minutes, you spent making like +3 tpo +5 bows, because you need more factions.

i first tried this for the hyum family, and at my return, i found muhaad hyum not only having a huge property fence full of thiefing and murderting children, she also kept a player in a prison, just asking to be freed.

so, this one wass easy, i shot three of them dead, and by the time i got killed by the cunt, the got half of the town camping oin front of her property fence, cursing her, and its a town of 10ish fertiles by then, so its quite the crowd.

---

side lessons;
flooding a city with ropes, brought in by horses (and not rope weed farms) will just cause the gereedy fuckers to mass produce property fenches, and not much else. ive seen thios too often.
flooding a city with iron sure will inspiire like +20% more knifes per capita, also a bad idea.

so I try flooding a city with arrows from now on.
this seems to be a more creative social experiment.
it sure semi-immunizes against bear griefing, and it sure will cause more bor murders, aka "free cloth".

my prediction, overall significantly shorter lifespans will result in noticably higher birth rates, just by flooding cities with arrows.

#2 2019-07-06 21:50:42

AdelaSkarupa

Re: twelve arrows solve many things

Ever since I started playing OHOL, I always just thought that griefers were dumb people, with no real purpose and not enough intelligence to create, so they destroy. I was under the impression that they didnt know how to make friends, so they hurt people to justify why nobody wanted to be around them. That's what I always thought.

So thank you for confirming my suspicions.

#3 2019-07-06 22:01:03

Tarr
Banned

AdelaSkarupa wrote:

Ever since I started playing OHOL, I always just thought that griefers were dumb people, with no real purpose and not enough intelligence to create, so they destroy. I was under the impression that they didnt know how to make friends, so they hurt people to justify why nobody wanted to be around them. That's what I always thought.

Could have told you that if you asked. Most griefers always take the easiest plan of action vs putting effort into things.

Murder people? Easy peasey so they do it.
Delete all the towns items? Too much effort to actually do for them.

Hide stuff? Easy enough to do if you have at least two brain cells.
Flood the town with endless milkweed seeds to ruin all the tiles? Takes a minute or two of setup so can't be asked doing it.

(these things are obviously patched at this point but there are plenty of things you can still do.)

smile but hey, they can shift click people so they've got that going for them.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2019-07-06 22:18:59

ollj

yeah i saw the tarr family being warmongers that killed twenty foreigners in one war campaign, you pathethic hypocrites in terms of descrution.

i create many things, those stories are just significantly less interestring, due to being more repetitive.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-06 22:21:34)

#5 2019-07-06 22:34:54

Tarr
Banned

ollj wrote:

yeah i saw the tarr family being warmongers that killed twenty foreigners in one war campaign, you pathethic hypocrites in terms of descrution.

i create many things, those stories are just significantly less interestring, due to being more repetitive.

You seen the idiots who are warmongers spawn under my lineage and pin that on me? Rofl. I brought them the iron and did the oil grind between my multiple lives in my family instead of being a memer like you. Unfortunately, I wanted to mass produce cars in that town but people wanted to waste iron on swords and by that point I'm generally playing in a place regardless if it's my lineage or not.

fug it’s Tarr.

#6 2019-07-06 22:51:31

MultiLife

How about, instead of flooding cities with anything, you start building hunter huts?
You could leave three arrows in a locked box in case you get back to the place, and then leave some free arrows in baskets. One note that says "In case of bear attack. Return after use." The huts would be small buildings, and they'd be at the outskirts of cities. You'd be remembered by those, like some players are remembered from Battle Arenas. I'd help you build one if I'd hear about a project like that go on as a baby.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-07-06 22:54:10)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2019-07-06 23:06:55

AdelaSkarupa

ollj wrote:

The only thing I've heard of you creating well was roads, and that's something an Eve could do.

#8 2019-07-06 23:07:06

RodneyC86

Tarr wrote:
AdelaSkarupa wrote:

Could have told you that if you asked. Most griefers always take the easiest plan of action vs putting effort into things.

Murder people? Easy peasey so they do it.
Delete all the towns items? Too much effort to actually do for them.

Hide stuff? Easy enough to do if you have at least two brain cells.
Flood the town with endless milkweed seeds to ruin all the tiles? Takes a minute or two of setup so can't be asked doing it.

(these things are obviously patched at this point but there are plenty of things you can still do.)

smile but hey, they can shift click people so they've got that going for them.

Really? I think it's more than just that. He does seem to have some lateral thinking although all for the wrong reasons.

I don't think it's brain power but complete lack of empathy for other human beings. I don't consider myself brilliant at all but griefing is never an option to me

#9 2019-07-07 00:17:45

ollj

i got born into the samily again, they just kill each other all the time from what i could see in my short life, and babies most likely just starrve. i starved at age 0.
yeah, this is a perfectly healthy town right now.

the property fence gates no longer exist though.
yeah, kill any town just by flooding it with arrows from age 13 til age 35-45, and then flood it with bors till age 60.
it then just kills itself within 2 hours, and you do not have to murder one person.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-07 00:18:35)

#10 2019-07-07 01:11:01

Jojigirl

How are you so unlucky to always be born in a murderess town?  Don't get me wrong, I've too been born in many towns that have had murder and griefers in them, but never quite nearly as much as you have according to your "stories"..

Could it be because you are the cause of the murders and griefing in your lives? I'm beginning to think so.

Why play that way? How is that fun to ruin other's game play?  Why not join in on the fun of building a family up? When you get reborn into that town, most of the time you can see how your hard work and contributions paid off. It's a nice feeling.

Last edited by Jojigirl (2019-07-07 01:13:42)

#11 2019-07-07 04:52:40

ollj

im not that unlucky.
i skip stories about all the great towns i build as eve, cause thats just silly common bragging, and if theres any non bragging story there, its delayed till i am sure the city is in ruins beyond repair. so nope, you dont hear of those.

i skipped a story of a funny family of someone, that was still searching a home by generation 4 with  8 nude homeless people, with constant births and deaths for 30 more years, mostly males made it trough, very slowly passing alongside multiple jungles, constantly halting for the slowest people during food breaks. wee found a green, and quickly depleted it, with only 4 survivors left by gen 6, natural selection was tough.

not a clever family, but sure a fun family.

#12 2019-07-07 08:01:09

MultiLife

ollj wrote:

i got born into the samily again, they just kill each other all the time from what i could see in my short life, and babies most likely just starrve. i starved at age 0.
yeah, this is a perfectly healthy town right now.

the property fence gates no longer exist though.
yeah, kill any town just by flooding it with arrows from age 13 til age 35-45, and then flood it with bors till age 60.
it then just kills itself within 2 hours, and you do not have to murder one person.

I was in Hyun family and it was great. I saw your arrows in the bakery boxes. Everyone was great in my life. I was a fruit boot man in a white dress, hauling stuff to town, hauling bones out, then upgrading carts with rubber and then I built a fence sheep pen and cleaned it up. I saw a man teach a young boy all his life, and I saw people work. No murders, property fence gates were open all my life. No bears, no boars; arrows sat in their box their whole life. A good peaceful place to build Fitness and teach others.
I feel like you over dramatize any kill or death and instantly go ”welp, time to boar this town”, not stomaching anything that slightly rustles you. What a sensitive person...

Also, to continue with the hunting hut idea, it could become a community effort to keep arrows available there.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#13 2019-07-07 09:57:58

HumboldtStoneHoe

this is a stone hoe thread, i am your host humboldt mcstonehoeface and i am here to tell you all about stone hoes. AMA

Q: where to store my sharp stones?
A: in baskets made out of thread

Q: oh man! can't find any stones to sharpen
A: take them from the guy making pies in the bakery, doesn't need them!

Q: i keep getting stabbed by roleplayers who want to RP with buckets!
A: make a property fence area

toque blanche? check, shawl? check, backpack? none.
yep it's stone hoe time

#14 2019-07-07 18:30:47

AdelaSkarupa

HumboldtStoneHoe wrote:

this is a stone hoe thread, i am your host humboldt mcstonehoeface and i am here to tell you all about stone hoes. AMA

I've talked to you in other threads and you had some decent ideas and made some good points. You don't need to post stuff like this to get attention.

#15 2019-07-07 18:46:51

Guppy

HumboldtStoneHoe wrote:

I love stone hoes

#16 2019-07-07 20:35:53

HumboldtStoneHoe

AdelaSkarupa wrote:
HumboldtStoneHoe wrote:

I've talked to you in other threads and you had some decent ideas and made some good points. You don't need to post stuff like this to get attention.

It's not about the stone hoe, it's about sending a message. Anyways back to our favorite long tools, fellas.

toque blanche? check, shawl? check, backpack? none.
yep it's stone hoe time

Board footer