One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-29 08:48:51

ollj

suggestion, cigars

Put a backpack on the ground, fill it with 4 kindling, and light it on fire.
You made a cigar.

The kindling and the backpack go up in flames and are not longer usable as such.
Its a purely decorative luxury item.

hey, why not make suicide and griefing even more easy?
why not have fun with excessive backpacks that you find in a ruin?
you can make salted-ground by taking files, hammers or murdering all sheeop, but not light backpacks on fire?

---

nore seriously:
how about items with good food/yum buffs, that make it impossible for you to use any weapon for a while due to intoxication; mushrooms, tobacco, alcohols.
this could be the native american peace pipe tradition.
alcohol could also allow you to live longer with a deadly wound. an alternative to sterile pads yould be a bottle of berry/rice/grape/corn wine.
visualyl could be a diminished mushroom effect, may even make you walk slower.

is historically significant, when humans were more migrative, but old folks due to age or injury could not walk as fast, had to stay back, and they ended up making alcohol (and cheese), if only for food preservation. this practice is likely origin to many cults/religions and a clear step towards agricultural life.

----

more gameplay experience:
this is a common theme, too many people made knifes instead of making kindling, which results in me having the oportunity to fll a cart with four backpacks of dead traitors, to bring 20 kindling in five backpacks per tour to the forge. usualyl three such tours are enough kindling for 1 hour of a city.
This often results up in more knifes and grief, which ends up in more backpacks on the floor, but at least now the city doesnt run out of kindling.
at one point, i get so many kindling filled backpacks, i may as well set them on fire, and it would not make a difference.

Last edited by ollj (2019-06-29 09:00:56)

#2 2019-06-30 04:01:46

pein

Re: suggestion, cigars

using tobacco, alcohol or such can be punishable
also need to license the game under higher age requirement
generally no one does it seriously or part as game mechanic

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-06-30 04:33:57

RodneyC86

pein wrote:

using tobacco, alcohol or such can be punishable
also need to license the game under higher age requirement
generally no one does it seriously or part as game mechanic

Can't say I know gaming content laws like back of my hand but how does the psilocybe mushroom make it past censors?

#4 2019-06-30 09:08:09

testo

We could add Opium (adding poppy tears plant) while we are at it. Farm plant and harvest using knife and bowl. Four plants harvest a full bowl of poppy tears latex wich dehydrates after 30 seconds to become opium. Add milk to make a "happy milk" (edible? ) or add water and set it into coals to redux into happy powder wich can be directly snorted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#5 2019-06-30 10:47:32

ollj

oh, sorry, this online multiplayer only game by default has a lots of nudity and homicide, i wasnt aware that tobacco would change anything on its ratings. i dont think it could.

disney once tried to make a minecraft like, mmo with voxel constructions, BUT they insisted on low age rating, which meant, no genitals at all. so they tried REALLY hard to code an AI neural net that can detect minecraft-voxel-genitalia.
they completely failed for 2 years and just gave up.
in an mmo, where you can construct things, you will not reach a rating below 12.

#6 2019-06-30 20:09:36

RoosterFoot

make cigars
but heres the thing: with all the pros that come with it, your lifespan will start to shorten.

Board footer