One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-06 23:33:50

Dantox

The problem with bounding with your mother

So, i have been feeling this for a while now and i think one of the problems with this game is how boring is when you become a mother or when you get born to one since it can become tedious and even a little dissapointing (Hello, die babies!)

And dont get me wrong, having a babie in real life is no joke and is difficult and i also believe it should be the same for OHOL, however being a mother and being the babie can be pretty much stale boring.

Usually, if not most cases you get born on the main site of the town (campfire) or you get born in some part of the town to get dumped there to say f when hungry and if you are lucky you get to watch something happen there before growing hair and saying "ty" then leaving to do anything else.

In other cases you get born outside of town, which can lead to being left behind because the mother is too busy doing something important (and since lifes are cheap here almost any item can be more valuable than a life) or you make that your mother has to stop everything she is doing just to bring you back to town to dump you in the campfire again.

However, if you are REALLY REALLY lucky your mother will let you stay nearby while conversing with you (more like talking to you because theres nothing left with interaction besides your 2 letters or emotes) and have a good experience out of it, which you can see every now and then with some posts about it.

What i am trying to say here is that bounding with mothers is pretty lacking because having a babie can be more of an annoyance because we dont have items or mechanics that can make having a babie more of a "sit right in this campfire and wait until it grows hair and hope no other mothers dump you the responsability) which i believe most players not caring for their children because they usually became an obstacle to their work.

make bread, no war

#2 2019-06-07 00:29:28

ProNice

Re: The problem with bounding with your mother

I generally try to be a good mom to every baby that does not /die or run away.

I think i've lived fairly 200 lives up until now, but i always take the time to stop what i am doing, holding my baby and talking to it. I'm glad that there is not much to do, because i like to fill this gap in productivity with mild roleplaying and entertaining my child, till it gets old enough. Most of the time i just express my joy, showing it to my closest relatives, doing the town tour and giving the kid cute nicknames (sugarplum, potato, sweetpea, etc) (or nibbling their bellies, saying: nom nom nom!). I often give away my clothes and backpack to the children that respond kindly to my bonding. I experience more affectionate mother-child interaction in my lifes. It's one of the best things in the game to me.

#3 2019-06-07 00:40:51

pein

Re: The problem with bounding with your mother

i always pick up kids once, wherewher i am except if no food and huge hot or cold biome, but even so if they willign to follow i go with them
maybe i let them come and get the thing i need then go back so it's not on me generally
but seems like some people wait unti l you pick them up and then suicide to waste your time

we need babies to poop a big one
nothing bonds you more than cleaning up their shit xD

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer