One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-06 07:29:50

PeaGirl

[Suggestion] Karma spirits and Spirit Shop?

I was having quite sleepless nights during waiting for my tests from college and university to be checked on. During those endless waitings I began to wonder about OHOLs situations and reasons I began to lose my touch in going in daily. It was mainly because of advantages taken from every aspect and I don't really blame anyone for it.
But then again, I came up with very stupid idea. What if you earned karma points from creating tech? Like for example, you earn 25 points if you create a hatchet or 5 points if you put soil and water on any plant. Doesn't sound very realistic itself, but is it any more or less realistic than your spontant rebirthing and dying because the mother stuffs you with gear.
It would make advanced cities once again another place to consider worth looking at, when you could earn points by progressing in there.

Where you would use those points, then?
Maybe giving a small starter pack for next Eve run, like basket of hatchet, bow drill and rope/sharp stone.
Or entirely blocking /die function, only having it as a reward for reasonable price for each, so that it would not be overused...
but it would not be entirely overrided option.
Or for new players, unlocking tutorial features for technologies you haven't learned yet, but would like to 'specialize'.
Or ancestor perks. Family first generations not only leave behind their property and pretty new children, but their own designed specialities. Considering that in biology races have developed through mutation, so it would feel odd to find black bears by iceberg.
Perhaps for very experienced and buffed with points, would be able to give next generations temporary boost abilities to use, for example swift feet, or flexibility (instead of 100% hit chance from animals, you might dodge if using boost at right time.), or fast learner (foreign languages begin to resemble more their original text, and it is little easier to see what other families have to say.), or green thumb (farm products may yield more seeds, fruits give you 10%-15% more pip)

It's silly, but if I was to live in advanced city (which I often enjoy more than in being in early village, which isn't really as bad)
The achievements in city doesn't mean that much there, so having points system would even the scales both in early and advanced cities.

Oh... and maybe give small cooldown once you die, like 5 minutes. I've found myself playing 6 hours without taking break, so forcing break would help ppl stretch their legs.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#2 2019-06-06 13:38:18

pein

Re: [Suggestion] Karma spirits and Spirit Shop?

the biggest problem i see is no ownership on items

so you do alll work to make compost and someone helps who gets the points?
like you can prepare everything for engine and worth a lot of poins but some toddler assembles it then he made the car,no?
you stack the furs and others make a pack? or you make packs when people don't need it
or you make 10 hatchets for the points and no ropes can be found i ncity

forcing break is good idea, i don't think anyone would be that mad about when you use suicide then you wait 6 sec, second time 12, and goes up
resets daily
for 100 suicide is 600 sec already
worth it? has to
but after you are scrolling around shopping for lifes is little annoying
part of why some people stay is cause they was afraid to become eve or end up in a worst situation, i surely did stick with not so optimal places cause didn't wanted to start from scratch

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-06-06 21:02:28

PeaGirl

Re: [Suggestion] Karma spirits and Spirit Shop?

pein wrote:

the biggest problem i see is no ownership on items

so you do alll work to make compost and someone helps who gets the points?
like you can prepare everything for engine and worth a lot of poins but some toddler assembles it then he made the car,no?
you stack the furs and others make a pack? or you make packs when people don't need it
or you make 10 hatchets for the points and no ropes can be found i ncity

Good point. I think there should be no point yields on repeatable things like stacking items, and progress should be shared in stages as when it's done

Rope + short shaft = 10
short shaft with rope + sharp stone = 10

and not yielding points in techs that are only about 1-2 stages long. Rope being an exception I think, because you can't really spam it too much.
So spammable items should not yield points, only items or jobs that have value in village, should have some sort of point system to encourage people equally in jobs.
Other than that, you have solid point.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

Board footer