One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-04 14:47:55

futurebird

Sick of the fire going out? Make an oil outpost!

I was born in to a town with no fire, I guess my family just found it. People were working... but it was clear I'd be gathering wood ... again. UGH!@!$ I just couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to make kerosine and I wanted to grow milkweed...not cart wood forever... so I added a kiln (with my son and daughter's help!) to the oil well zone and I had the perfect place to:
-grow tons of milkweed as there was natural soil and a cistern! (nice!)
-make kerosine
-keep warm and keep kids warm

The bigger idea is if you are in a large town *with a low population* don't insist on keeping the fire going if no one wants to stand by it. Ideally, the person at the fire would be making pies. But, if you want to do something else put the fire where you find it most useful.

I don't know if the next gen will keep the outpost going. It's not really needed they have enough milkweed and oil and charcoal and water to make kerosine carts and buckets for a long time.

It's just a nice option if, like me, you get annoyed with the fire going out.

It's not a nice to do this if there are enough people to keep the main fire rolling --kind of a waste of wood. But, it was so nice to get a lot done for once and not feel like I had to go in to detention in the nursery. Or make 1055789290 trips.

Ft2PE5b.jpg

side note:
The train cart was a nice idea. But, I never could find a way to make it useful. A cart is more versatile and can hold more. Now if I could "call" the cart to my location it might be a little useful. Then I could have sent the kerosine up as I made it, but too often using a track means:
-walk the track to check that it won't de-rail
-call the cart to the side that you need
-fill the cart and send it
-LOL walk to the other end and reload it yourself...no one else is using the thing.

It looks cool though.

Last edited by futurebird (2019-06-04 14:50:53)

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-06-04 15:22:42

futurebird

Re: Sick of the fire going out? Make an oil outpost!

I almost forgot! I even got to be in a photo! What an excellent life!

abWMmwH.jpg

Last edited by futurebird (2019-06-04 15:23:05)

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-06-04 16:55:00

Kamor

Sexy, but ...

You forgot a shoe.

#4 2019-06-04 19:29:41

pein

thought you say to make a fire where no one walks big_smile
actually it will last more than 4 minutes do to the map going dormant, i think with some bagasse you can extend a fire life to quite long time compared to middle of the city

i did the same with bones, i locked around with property fences and they decay kinda same time, and people cant dig them later but walk near it so will decay faster

so rather then bringing 15 wood for a life and they stil ldont put on it, take a kindling in pack and light it up near the trees

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer