One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-04 11:58:53

Valareos

The saddest game I have played.

Rest in Peace, Seo Family

Born into the family, I took over the bakery when the baker died.  I continued making pies, filling up the stores.

Somebody comes bleeding, asking for help, and dies right in front of me and my son, James.  James, bless his soul, asks for a knife to hunt the stranger. I give it to him.

Shortly after, James comes back, bleeding, and dies in front of me.  Outside, I hear death, and despair.

When it finishes, I find myself all alone, and past the age to bear children.  The last survivor in a now ghost town.  I do what I can, I bake all remaining pies, feed the sheep, then pack up the horse and wagon full of food and begin to head out, hoping to find my other daughter who had struck out to make her own village.

I never found her, and died alone, and now my horse rides the wilderness, with a cart full of pies.

Most Memorable Life : Elisabeth Peters, Adopted by Flint Peters.  Gen 59, LD 36

#2 2019-06-04 12:01:37

Valareos

Re: The saddest game I have played.

I did have 2 children after the massacre, but they did /die quicker than I could inform them we were all that were left to rebuild

#3 2019-06-04 12:02:36

bENdI

reading the title without context makes me think that this is some sod who is complaining about the game

#4 2019-06-04 12:05:27

Valareos

certainly not complaining. This is the first time I have been in the middle of a massacre, I died at age 60 though. But it was certainly a sad way to die... Riding through the desert on a horse with no name, and a cart full of 12 pies.  I hope someone finds it and benefits. The town too, its got a bell tower and a lot of stock

#5 2019-06-04 13:08:46

futurebird

That is a really sad life. Thanks for sharing the story. I wish people posted more of their game stories like this.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#6 2019-06-04 16:49:49

Guppy

Did you check the family tree to see if your daughter made it?

#7 2019-06-04 19:40:14

Valareos

She did not, sadly

#8 2019-06-05 11:25:20

CatX

My sad story of today...

I was born as a boy in a town of redheads. There was another small dead town not far north east. I wanted to revive it, and a stranger, a woman, showed up. She gave birth to a baby girl and disappeared.

A daughter! I named the girl Miracle. She was a ginger like me, so I thought she would fit right in. I brought her home, and introduced her to my family. She was old enough to care for herself, so I went back to the outpost and  worked there for awhile.

I returned back home just in time to see an old lady kill my adopted daughter. Obviously Miracle had done nothing wrong, as the lady said it was too dangerous to let her live.

But Miracle had a baby of her own just before she died. I picked up the baby and ran away with it.

Alas, a relative followed us. When I put the baby down to feed her, he picked her up and ran with her until she died in his arms.

I lost all will to continue on, and died of starvation in the outpost where my daughter was born.

#9 2019-06-05 11:29:55

Valareos

CatX wrote:

My sad story of today...

I was born as a boy in a town of redheads. There was another small dead town not far north east. I wanted to revive it, and a stranger, a woman, showed up. She gave birth to a baby girl and disappeared.

A daughter! I named the girl Miracle. She was a ginger like me, so I thought she would fit right in. I brought her home, and introduced her to my family. She was old enough to care for herself, so I went back to the outpost and  worked there for awhile.

I returned back home just in time to see an old lady kill my adopted daughter. Obviously Miracle had done nothing wrong, as the lady said it was too dangerous to let her live.

But Miracle had a baby of her own just before she died. I picked up the baby and ran away with it.

Alas, a relative followed us. When I put the baby down to feed her, he picked her up and ran with her until she died in his arms.

I lost all will to continue on, and died of starvation in the outpost where my daughter was born.

Very sad.  I do not know why they think it is dangerous. I mean, if its "oh they may kill us all", I have been murdered by my own son before!

#10 2019-06-05 11:41:18

CatX

Valareos wrote:

Very sad.  I do not know why they think it is dangerous. I mean, if its "oh they may kill us all", I have been murdered by my own son before!

Thing is, I understand why they made that choice. In this game there is nothing outsiders can do that family can't. Except waging war. So there really is no reason to let them live.

We need a form of adoption or marriage or specialized trade or something else that makes it beneficial not to kill strangers.

Board footer