One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-04 06:15:53

Valareos

Question: How can I tell what server I am playing on?

I'm not sure exactly how the server themselves work as far as who is where. If it matters, I play from Steam

Most Memorable Life : Elisabeth Peters, Adopted by Flint Peters.  Gen 59, LD 36

#2 2019-06-04 06:43:52

futurebird

Re: Question: How can I tell what server I am playing on?

I don't play on steam, but you should still have a settings button you can select a server there. Otherwise you'll be sent to the big server with some very rare exceptions...

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-06-04 10:01:15

testo

By default you are redirected to the main server active wich 99% time is Bigserver2. It is the only server with over 50 players active all day as far as i know (there used to be a lower bound of ~100 players at all times but last moth was controversial). For updates and resets BS2 gets shut down wich means everyone is redirected to server 1 for like two hours or something, then back to BS2.

Now, you can choose a custom server going to the main screen settings -> select custom server -> type custom servers name. The original game has 15 servers + BS2 but very few players do play on custom servers. Check http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report to check server activity/users.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#4 2019-06-04 10:03:10

Valareos

ok, so server I am on is most active. So why so many other servers? (at the moment most are 0 lol)

Most Memorable Life : Elisabeth Peters, Adopted by Flint Peters.  Gen 59, LD 36

#5 2019-06-04 10:21:31

testo

IDK. Maybe you can join the discord ohol server if you need more help. GL.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#6 2019-06-04 11:24:53

pein

set bs2 as custom server by writing bigserver2.onehouronelife.com

if you want to eve ask discord and go other server

jason bought a subscription for a virtual server which has more resources than 1 server needs, so he split it up to 15 then he converted server1 to bigserver1 which meant higher player number and some other changes
then it had trouble so  he copied it to bigserver2 to fix bigserver1

the rest of servers are sometimes used for events, generally just go and claim one for you and your friends for a day
the nature f low player number means you always spawn back to your friends as area or lineage ban doesn't apply to low populations

you can use a launcher to do it for you
http://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1167

but it will start the vanilla client
if you exit then the other clients will use the same setting
as long as you got working once, you can just edit the server by entering big~ and the number preferred so don't get confused, is simple

Last edited by pein (2019-06-04 11:31:45)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2019-06-04 14:32:46

mrbah

the game used to run on smaller servers, until jason modified something or rented a bigger server to allow him to stuff all the players into one large server.

The other servers are active for people who like to play on low pop servers/chaining eves and the likes.

#8 2019-06-04 14:55:56

Tarr
Banned

You'll be on BS2 unless the reflector suddenly decides to start sending people to S1 for whatever reason it decides to unless it's update/hotfix time.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer