One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-20 13:34:16

Joriom
Website

Aimbot, Maphack, Automapper, Player/Weapon ESP

Clickbait title. Did you come here for the ready cheating tolls? To bad.

With source code readily available - sooner or later we're bound to get custom clients with those features. Mapping areas around you to a file so you can browse them later. Minimap in the corner so you can see the lay of land outside of FOV and possibly human settlements nearby (client already gets way more data from server that is displayed on screen). Aimbot that shoots your bow with perfect accuracy (possibly detectig when target has stopped to perform and actionn to prevent missing and secure kill). Auto follow to chase targets even more precisely. Free cam that lets you move the center of camers without moving the character itself. Radar that will show you the nearest Players, Players with weapons, weapon items laying on ground.... Let's be real. There is no way it won't get created. People are already talking about mappers and do maps of custom servers (server side though?).

What do you think? When? How do we defend ourserver? Would you use that yourself? Should both sides use it them - the troll and the casual player? I'm waiting for your thoughts.

#2 2018-03-20 16:27:14

33Spectre

Re: Aimbot, Maphack, Automapper, Player/Weapon ESP

Damn, man. Watch out for all that edge, or you might cut yourself...

Also, hacks aren't a bridge you can cross until you get there. It's inevitable and will have to be resolved, inevitably...

#3 2018-03-20 19:16:23

Uncle Gus

The way Jason has coded the game, there isn't much that can be gained from hacking. You can't trick the server into letting you move faster or anything like that. Sure, the client can be modified to make more use of the information that it does get from the server. I don't think this is going to hurt the game. Griefers gon grief and they're already overpowered, so a little more power doesn't change much.

Minimaps and radars and such might even be implemented as actual in-game tech at some point anyway.

#4 2018-03-20 21:52:09

ryanb
Website

If other players did everything mentioned here it wouldn't ruin my gameplay experience. As long as there isn't a way to spawn objects out of thin air I'm happy. This isn't a very competitive game with tight controls.

Let others mod the game and cheat how they want to. It is their loss if they miss out on the enjoyment of playing the game how it was meant to be played.

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

Board footer