One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-20 06:27:56

Antichthon

Rediscovering the Lost Cities of Server Three

Those of you familiar with server three will know that shortly after the ice biome update, the ancient cities, at the time the most complex center of civilization in OHOL, were lost.

I was recently born in Ovenpost, a town just to the east of Zatris on server three. I explored the old cities, of them only Ovenpost has been recolonized, and who knows if that will last. I don't know where the cities are in relation to the new center of civilization on the server, but they were close enough for an Eve to find Ovenpost and reignite its fire.

I spent my lifetime at Ovenpost searching for the new cities, and I have reason to suspect that the old cities lay far, far to the Northeast of the new; it was the only direction i found traces of the diaspora.

Any of you with the heart of an adventurer or the curiosity of an archaeologist, please help me solve this mystery!

Some of you might even be born in Ovenpost. You'll know it because one of the posts of the milkweeed farm was accidentally made an oven.

#2 2018-03-20 08:00:17

EvilBlackCat

Re: Rediscovering the Lost Cities of Server Three

Sorry, brother. I went south for a very long time and only saw small settlements before a wolf jumped me.

#3 2018-03-20 08:14:52

Antichthon

I found them. In my final year of playing the final son of Ovenpost, I found them! The old cities are to the south of the new; perhaps a bit south-southwest. Far, but not so far that a woman cannot make the trip and still be able to bear children. I managed to pass the news to the residents of one of the main cities (the one with the sweet bakery above the smithy) just before I died of old age.

#4 2018-03-20 08:35:20

sammoh

For the Granary!

Two Hours, One Life - a curated OHOL server with heavy modifications.

Discord:     https://discord.gg/atEgxm7
Address:          https://github.com/frankvalentine/clients

#5 2018-03-20 08:53:47

Joriom
Website

You better stop and burry your findings with your bones while those cities are still intact. Its a bad idea to search for them before we fix some pressing matters with our society - like trolls blocking buildings with adobe owens, thrash pits or killing entire populations (which is WAY easier in group of towns connected by roads).

Also remember that now we can remove adobe walls so "enclosed shrines" can be desacrated and whole landmarks removed from the surface of the earth.

Last edited by Joriom (2018-03-20 08:54:52)

Board footer