One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-20 01:00:05

Jass

Science, technology and gameplay.

So, keeping in mind that this game is a balance between player inventiviness and gameplay features I had an idea.

I think that the recipe list should be removed from the game entirely. It would stimulate players to talk more to each other in order to teach the techniques and even more experienced players would need some help now and then. Obviuosly the chat mechanics would have to improve a little, but this is discussion for other topics.

I started the game after the last update that introduces itens, so I dont know if it is the case, but do we know the recipes from the start or we have to learn then first for it to appear in the recipe list?

If the second option is true, there is another reason for Jason to remove the list of recipes, we would have to make science. Since the game is about how society evolves, having a way to emulate science and the curiosity of our especies to the world, would be a great way to improve the game and at same time adding another level of dificulty for players to use their creativity, I imagine players gathering new itens that we yet dont know the uses of and leaving then near vilages for future generations to play with and discover their uses. In this case, looking at the code would be cheating.

What are your thoughts?

#2 2018-03-20 08:30:20

Joriom
Website

Re: Science, technology and gameplay.

All recepies are known to player right from the beggining. Otherwise we would be unable to figure our even the simplest ways to start fire. Most of those are not so obvious. Also remember that you only see one step each time and you're unsure what it leads to - its like a science. Most of "pro players" investigated themselves, went to wiki, crafting refference (we already have 3 or 4 of those) or read the game code directly. Many "pro players" (me included) see others who did't do even basic research on the recepies or didn't ask for tutoring as kids as a burden to society. So much that we already had many villages killing newbie kids outside of the "group" (most of the time group is clique of forum friends or group of people on discord voice chat).

Board footer