One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-26 02:29:34

Friendly Isopod

More character models would help us bond with our family

Sometimes I'll be looking around a town and think, 'You know, this is nice. My daughters are maintaining the farms, my son is cooking, my sister is smithing, and... wait. That's my aunt? And that's not my sister, that's just her identical third cousin twice removed.'

And then it's kind of like, were the interactions I remember with my kids... actually my kids? Was I bonding with them, or one of our many identical family members? Everyone kind of blurs together as it is now. It gets hard to care about your family when you can't tell who they are.

#2 2019-05-26 02:36:07

RodneyC86

Re: More character models would help us bond with our family

Many people have suggested this before. I very much agree, family members looking alike discourages bonding. It doesn't have to be very difficult and make entirely new models. A random face generator i bet can be programmed in i bet.

Also maybe a way to add a mole randomly on the face. Beauty marks are hot. And very distinctive

#3 2019-05-26 11:30:19

Spiegel

Jason should hold some kind of. . . Like a mini-sprite-designing-tournament or something. I'm sure a bunch of us would really like our design to be featured in the game if we could get the style really close to the current ones.

. . . Not me, though. I'm just here to watch.

#4 2019-05-26 11:33:28

Grim_Arbiter

Im betting the next update is more character models. If not this one then then the next one.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#5 2019-05-26 11:35:45

Guppy

Jason confirmed he is working on it, but keep in mind he is drawing them all by hand so it takes time

#6 2019-05-26 15:40:14

Jojigirl

Yeah, I really noticed it today.. Most of the girls in my village was the same model.  I kept having to hover over to find my 2 daughters. There were a lot of girls too, so it was a where's waldo type search lol

Board footer