One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-20 00:15:42

Bluefacegamer

The history and lore behind One Hour One Life

In the main trailer for the game Jason keeps saying “rebuild” society. That leads me to think that there was some past events that through civilization back to the Stone Age. Perhaps someday our civilizations will make that mistake but for now only time can tell. I know this is only speculation but, I would like to here your guys’s idea’s for the backstory of One Hour One Life

#2 2018-03-20 01:44:26

EmmyGamba

Re: The history and lore behind One Hour One Life

My headcanon is that someone ran around with a knife and killed almost all humans on earth, completely destroying civilization as we know it. Only very few survived this troll apokalypse, but humanity got yet another chance to thrive under the kind protection of the carrot god.

#3 2018-03-20 03:18:51

aFilthyPeasant

EmmyGamba wrote:

My headcanon is that someone ran around with a knife and killed almost all humans on earth, completely destroying civilization as we know it. Only very few survived this troll apokalypse, but humanity got yet another chance to thrive under the kind protection of the carrot god.

Probably not the best backstory, but also the most likely one.

#4 2018-03-20 04:52:14

lesslucid

EmmyGamba wrote:

big_smile big_smile big_smile

#5 2018-03-20 05:02:13

Casdir

EmmyGamba wrote:

So accurate. Yet so sad.

#6 2018-03-20 05:36:30

Thexus

That's only the trailer, there are no lore in-game, so i don't think that "post-apocalyptic stone age" is canon.

Discord: Translators' Server, Thexus#3774
Working again on translations, oof

#7 2018-03-20 07:37:41

Baker

Maybe this whole thing is just a big computer simulation designed to make us suffer.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#8 2018-03-20 07:59:15

Joriom
Website

Bluefacegamer wrote:

In the main trailer for the game Jason keeps saying “rebuild” society. That leads me to think that there was some past events that through civilization back to the Stone Age. Perhaps someday our civilizations will make that mistake but for now only time can tell. I know this is only speculation but, I would like to here your guys’s idea’s for the backstory of One Hour One Life

We have build civilization already - at least once that is (are we living in simulation? Are we part of a bigger OHOL? Those are real philosophical questions asked so many times before). I assume that by "rebuild" society he mants to build it again in a simulation similarly to how it was built in "real world" (or "previous simulation" if thats your view for reality).

Last edited by Joriom (2018-03-20 07:59:27)

#9 2018-03-20 21:01:05

Aname

EmmyGamba wrote:

nah man there are still people running around with knives so the troll apokalypse isnt over yet.

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

Board footer