One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-20 16:01:25

SpiritBomb32

Suggestion: Chest amour and classes

I brought up the idea of different roles and classes in the subreddit a while ago. The basic idea is that someone could name themselves. So if there's no Baker then some guy could say "I am the baker". If you hover over them it would say "John Apple IV - Baker" I'd imagine it would work the same for people who have crowns and want to be King or queen.

The reason there is a bakery or forge is because we group everything together where each it could work on it's own (except some things). If Jason wants to encourage roleplaying, but lose an aspect of choice and freedom he could do this.

If someone was claiming to be part of the police, how would you distinguish them or do what they say. Surnames add a bit of authority to it

As far as combat, imagine a chest plate made out of wrought iron that can go over wool shirt or something. As the benefits it could protect you from one or two hits before breaking giving people an advantage.

- "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."
Add books, please Jason.

#2 2019-05-20 16:24:18

Guppy

Re: Suggestion: Chest amour and classes

I think Jason mentioned the armor idea at some point and that he doesnt really want to put it into the game, because it would be abused by griefers as well, negating its effect

Last edited by Guppy (2019-05-20 16:24:34)

#3 2019-05-20 16:30:23

Grim_Arbiter

Guppy wrote:

I think Jason mentioned the armor idea at some point and that he doesnt really want to put it into the game, because it would be abused by griefers as well, negating its effect

I figured that as long as we have a stab proof armor and a bow or shot proof armor there would be enough wiggle room.

If wearing stab proof armor (maybe plate armor?) you could take 1 stabbing without harm and then the armor breaks. You can be shot through it and be killed and not have it break.

The same thing for shot proof armor (maybe chainmail?)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-05-20 16:36:21

Guppy

Wouldnt it be the other way around? Chainmail for knife-resistence and  plate against arrows

#5 2019-05-20 16:51:31

Grim_Arbiter

Guppy wrote:

Wouldnt it be the other way around? Chainmail for knife-resistence and  plate against arrows

I think your right actually. I cant remember my medieval armor today.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#6 2019-05-20 17:10:07

SpiritBomb32

Grim_Arbiter wrote:
Guppy wrote:

I think your right actually. I cant remember my medieval armor today.

If there is two distinct types they could be countered quite easily if they looked different enough. One for defense against bow and one for defense against knife or war sword. Griefers would probably favor the knife defense over the other and just hide the bow and arrows before killing.

- "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."
Add books, please Jason.

Board footer