One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-19 02:09:47

RodneyC86

Idea: spindling a single wool should give way more yarn

NO ONE in their practical mind is making clothes now, let's face it, using wool from 12 sheep's just for one bolt of cloth is INSANE even to be generously describing it.

In reality, apparently sources I looked up mentions a single sheep shorn can provide enough wool for 4-5 sweaters.

Now this will break the game I'm sure, but I think going in between will be a big step towards a textile revolution. Maybe spindling one sheep's wool gives a huge ball of yarn which can be cut further into small balls of yarn and thread

Loom clothing is superior for reason that it can be mass produced easily, even if the clothes they make don't insulate as much but is definitely adequate, ESPECIALLY for town dwellers who don't venture out.

Rabbit fur won't be obsolete because it is still very useful for early villages and settlers/foragers/explorers can still use them to good effect for their extra insulation.

I humbly suggest that sheep wool is more productive

#2 2019-05-19 02:15:38

RodneyC86

Re: Idea: spindling a single wool should give way more yarn

PS, truth be told I am just addicted to pocket pants as a fifth item slot lol

#3 2019-05-19 12:24:55

Solbusaur

For balancing purposes, maybe one wool would give small yarn, that can be cut into thread balls. A huge ball of yarn would be a bad idea for the game, even if it is true to real life

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#4 2019-05-19 12:48:19

RodneyC86

Solbusaur wrote:

For balancing purposes, maybe one wool would give small yarn, that can be cut into thread balls. A huge ball of yarn would be a bad idea for the game, even if it is true to real life

Heck yeah I will take that , it's better than this, though a far cry still

#5 2019-05-19 13:35:02

wondaland

I really want to weare shorts, apron, BP and fruit shoes in a life for ultimate storage lol. Will probably never happen though.

But yeah more yarn would be nice I mean even getting two thread balls per sheep would help.

#6 2019-05-19 14:02:25

pein

btw it was 1,2,4  to make shoe, hat, sweater
and the berry could been gotten with using bowl on the bush
nothing was added

ofc berry was buffed, and now pads are one yarn

it's quite annoying that people steal it, but even if they spend a life making it, leaving behind a lot of garbage

i guess the fact that they are last forever is good
but roleplayers hog into them right away and even curse cause they "passed it on"

maybe should decay but be cheaper/faster o make

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2019-05-19 14:16:14

futurebird

I'd go for that, make the fancy clothes decay (but still last longer than fur) AND give us more wool to make them.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#8 2019-05-19 16:21:52

Potjeh

Honestly I think it'd make the most sense if the fancy clothes were cheaper to make than knitted stuff, but lasted shorter. Planned obsolescence is a cornerstone of modern industry, after all.

#9 2019-05-19 16:30:40

Draicclan

I agree with this forum, I want fancy clothes to be more relevant. I'm tired of working on the diesel engine with only a rabbit loincloth to my name tongue

Board footer