One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-14 06:10:43

Toxic
Banned

I apologise to everyone who I have griefed

I am sorry

everyone for destroying your gameplay experience, whenever I did. I know this won’t fix anything, I’ll still be banned on discord and probably hated by most of you.

Recently I have been playing enjoying the game, and more then once while playing I’ve been griefed. I now understand how annoying getting griefed can be when your trying to make something and someone destroys it.

The main reason for me killing people is because I play a lot of pvp games and it’s kinda my mindset, to go in and kill. But I want to change that for this game.

I’m not doing this because I don’t want people to kill my eve towns or hate me. I’m doing this because I think my actions have been unreasonable.

It’s all up to the community forgive someone or keep hating.

I am sorry

#2 2019-05-14 06:24:36

Guppy

Re: I apologise to everyone who I have griefed

This actually sounds genuine

#3 2019-05-14 06:42:10

w0wma

did you delete that griefing server of yours?

#4 2019-05-14 06:42:19

CatX

????

/shock

?????

wow

Now that's what I call subversion of expectations.

Welcome to the Light Side I guess...

/love

#5 2019-05-14 06:43:50

Toxic
Banned

image.png

#6 2019-05-14 06:48:22

Toxic
Banned

w0wma wrote:

did you delete that griefing server of yours?

i will leave the server i genuinely want a place where i can talk to people lol.
Also people sometimes plan apocs there so i guess its not that bad.

But idk if apoc is considered griefing, then i might delete the server.
But im banned on official server so i want to talk to people.

#7 2019-05-14 06:49:11

Psykout

Thank you for making this effort. It's easy to just do what you want in a moment, without thought, because its easy to do so. It is very hard to start to climb out of the hole that logic has put you, but I assure you very rewarding. No matter what, I will still remember the time you wanted to abandon me just because I was a boy, because it taught me no matter what, someone can make a difference. That Demons line in a gathering of at least 10 said goodbye to their Nameless Uncle, when you didn't name me it no longer became important, that in every moment worked for the town and grew the grandest farm there could be, for the family. I am happy to have hope that you want to care past just making the name, to be a co-author in the early chapters, instead of the final chapters. If you can do it, don't follow my earlier advice and change your name and bury your past, but make the name of Toxic be a redemption story rather than a horror story.

#8 2019-05-14 06:59:53

MultiLife

I have wondered why so many games and players always tend to default to "kill" and "destroy". It's so disappointing to me. We are more than that. Non-gamers already say how games are about killing and we confirm it if we just kill and destroy in games all the time.

I wish we had more PvE and AI to fight against in OHOL. Animals are dumb, there is no challenge there. Killing is just clicking tiles. No challenge there.
A lot of games do killing GREAT. Awesome ways. Like Party Hard and Rainbow Six Siege. Strategy, multiple actions... willful participants....

I honestly expect the next thing being non-killing games. Maybe it's naive to believe that, and yes there will always be PvP games and thirst for killing to quench, but still, that's my hunch.

Anyways your apology is very well and thoughtfully written. It sounds very mature, which is always good for my old soul heart. I understand that griefers have a way different mind than non-griefers, and that can fluctuate in between with moods, but I'm happy if griefers cross over to non-griefing side, even if it's for a moment.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#9 2019-05-14 07:26:26

DaTrüf!

#OnceAGrieferAllwaysAGreifer

>Me: *writes detailed post on pit bull griefing and details how to prevent it*
>Community: GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 2019-05-14 07:31:04

Toxic
Banned

DaTrüf! wrote:

The reason you pretended to change was because you didn't want Tarr killing all of your towns.
This time lets actually twin and help towns rather then killing them.
You recently got exposed for griefing with proof which really doesn't help.

If like me you make an effort to play the game normally you will find it enjoying trust me.

Last edited by Toxic (2019-05-14 07:32:43)

#11 2019-05-14 07:45:36

DaTrüf!

Toxic wrote:
DaTrüf! wrote:

The reason you pretended to change was because you didn't want Tarr killing all of your towns.
This time lets actually twin and help towns rather then killing them.
You recently got exposed for griefing with proof which really doesn't help.

If like me you make an effort to play the game normally you will find it enjoying trust me.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/bb13ace … d=10075185

#12 2019-05-14 07:51:08

Toxic
Banned

Psykout wrote:

Thank you for making this effort. It's easy to just do what you want in a moment, without thought, because its easy to do so. It is very hard to start to climb out of the hole that logic has put you, but I assure you very rewarding. No matter what, I will still remember the time you wanted to abandon me just because I was a boy, because it taught me no matter what, someone can make a difference. That Demons line in a gathering of at least 10 said goodbye to their Nameless Uncle, when you didn't name me it no longer became important, that in every moment worked for the town and grew the grandest farm there could be, for the family. I am happy to have hope that you want to care past just making the name, to be a co-author in the early chapters, instead of the final chapters. If you can do it, don't follow my earlier advice and change your name and bury your past, but make the name of Toxic be a redemption story rather than a horror story.

I read your story, when i didn't want to keep you and i regretted it afterwards.
Thanks for the positive words i really don't want to have to act like a coward and make a new account.
Im ready to do anything to redeem myself and become a more positive member of this community.

#13 2019-05-14 09:04:16

Solbusaur

I guess I'll never get to duel Toxic sad

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#14 2019-05-14 10:46:11

Guppy

DaTrüf! wrote:

The difference here is: He realized what he did was wrong, and how it harmed people, and tries to become a "better" player.

You, on the other hand,  just make statements on how you are the good guy, and when people disagree, you REEEEEEEEEE at them

#15 2019-05-14 11:42:34

Wuatduhf

If you are sorry, I'm all for accepting it. Does this mean you have my trust or anyone else's? No, but I believe you understand that. It's up to you to take your current position in the community and to do with it what you will.

OHOL isn't a full PvP game, but it does have elements that require it. I can imagine you'd be similar to the PvP'ers of the Minecraft communities of 2b2t and CivCraft. And take this as an anecdote to yourself if you want:

Several times in those communities, the players that really enjoyed the PvP action they got would frequently apologize for their actions, say that they've changed, and push forward the idea that they would be more peaceful and enjoy the other aspects of the game. That usually didn't last for more than a month or two before they took up arms once again and stirred up more drama within that time. It happened so often to the point that any apology threads made by said PvP members of the community were no longer taken seriously and just assumed as a temporary 'ceasefire' by them until they wanted to get back into the fight.

I won't be the one to label you the same as them. The impetus is on you and Truf if you want to stay as the standard 'griefer', make a temporary change to your playstyle, or do something different.

Last edited by Wuatduhf (2019-05-14 11:43:32)

#16 2019-05-14 12:57:13

Toxic
Banned

Wuatduhf wrote:

If you are sorry, I'm all for accepting it. Does this mean you have my trust or anyone else's? No, but I believe you understand that. It's up to you to take your current position in the community and to do with it what you will.

OHOL isn't a full PvP game, but it does have elements that require it. I can imagine you'd be similar to the PvP'ers of the Minecraft communities of 2b2t and CivCraft. And take this as an anecdote to yourself if you want:

Several times in those communities, the players that really enjoyed the PvP action they got would frequently apologize for their actions, say that they've changed, and push forward the idea that they would be more peaceful and enjoy the other aspects of the game. That usually didn't last for more than a month or two before they took up arms once again and stirred up more drama within that time. It happened so often to the point that any apology threads made by said PvP members of the community were no longer taken seriously and just assumed as a temporary 'ceasefire' by them until they wanted to get back into the fight.

I won't be the one to label you the same as them. The impetus is on you and Truf if you want to stay as the standard 'griefer', make a temporary change to your playstyle, or do something different.

My goal is to quit “griefing” all together. Now killing is not always defined as griefing, the term griefing is used in OHOL for someone who intentionally without any reason to do so kills people, hides stuff or ruins the fun of others.

But since Jason is adding elements that will make pvp or “war” with other lineages possible pvp can be done in a more protective way. Your not a griefer if you protect your town against another town. I just don’t want to outright ruin someone’s fun because I have experienced it and it #feelsbadman.

#17 2019-05-14 13:03:55

CatX

Toxic wrote:

Now killing is not always defined as griefing, the term griefing is used in OHOL for someone who intentionally without any reason to do so kills people, hides stuff or ruins the fun of others.

Good definition.

#18 2019-05-14 14:23:18

FeignedSanity

CatX wrote:
Toxic wrote:

Now killing is not always defined as griefing, the term griefing is used in OHOL for someone who intentionally without any reason to do so kills people, hides stuff or ruins the fun of others.

Good definition.

I personally feel it's more nuanced than that. Been thinking about making a post about it for a while now, still don't know if I will or not. Maybe if it gets more prevalent.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#19 2019-05-14 14:39:48

Wuatduhf

Toxic wrote:

But since Jason is adding elements that will make pvp or “war” with other lineages possible pvp can be done in a more protective way. Your not a griefer if you protect your town against another town. I just don’t want to outright ruin someone’s fun because I have experienced it and it #feelsbadman.

Your definition of griefing is what they eventually did after 1-2 months of saying they would quit 'griefing'. They would either find an excuse to fight people, or instigate a fight to get PvP to come to them, raiding villages, etc. etc.

If you think that the new 'war'/pvp mechanics will be enough to satisfy you, I would urge you to caution. It is very unlikely that in the state of things, you will be lucky enough to be in the position to defend the villages you spawn into every time, or even a majority of the time. unless you can get 'fun' in one of the other highly-desired roles of a village (hunting, prospecting, etc.) you are going to fall into that same pitfall that the PvP'ers of past have experienced; a break from their fighting, an a building 'urge' to find PvP after a couple weeks of the same peace.

#20 2019-05-14 19:36:10

spurofthemoment

I believe that every action you take builds karma for you or against you...even in real life. A bit superstitious perhaps, but it keeps me a decent person.

I hope this apology is legit, and if it is, I hope you live many productive lives! If you're banned from the main server, I likely won't ever run into you in game, but who knows?

Hopefully you can separate your desire for unprovoked PvP from OHOL and direct it towards games built for PvP instead. Always good to have a balance.

Also, ignore DaTruf...I think he's just salty he lost an ally. If you're truly reformed, you got us now, so who needs him? smile

Best of luck!

My name's Ash. And yes, I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

And no, I've never played Pokemon. It just...kinda happened that way.

#21 2019-05-14 21:35:24

Toxic
Banned

Wuatduhf wrote:
Toxic wrote:

Your definition of griefing is what they eventually did after 1-2 months of saying they would quit 'griefing'. They would either find an excuse to fight people, or instigate a fight to get PvP to come to them, raiding villages, etc. etc.

If you think that the new 'war'/pvp mechanics will be enough to satisfy you, I would urge you to caution. It is very unlikely that in the state of things, you will be lucky enough to be in the position to defend the villages you spawn into every time, or even a majority of the time. unless you can get 'fun' in one of the other highly-desired roles of a village (hunting, prospecting, etc.) you are going to fall into that same pitfall that the PvP'ers of past have experienced; a break from their fighting, an a building 'urge' to find PvP after a couple weeks of the same peace.

I’ll fight only to defend not urge others to fight with me.

#22 2019-05-15 01:13:36

DaTrüf!

once a griefer allways a griefer

#23 2019-05-15 01:46:33

spurofthemoment

DaTruf is giving me really interesting ideas for writing villains. Nothing that hasn't been done before, but interesting nonetheless.

My name's Ash. And yes, I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

And no, I've never played Pokemon. It just...kinda happened that way.

#24 2019-05-15 02:29:21

Spoonwood

Toxic,

Since you have stopped griefing, what sorts of projects/town functions have you taken up?  How have you helped towns out?  What has been your contribution to towns or your family or to other players enjoyment in the game (e. g. making something nice but non-productive like a rubber ball)?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#25 2019-05-15 03:35:33

GreatShawn

This is a historic moment - God forgives anyone who wants to be forgived, like at the end of The Mission.

Atta boi Toxic, maybe you can take your mask off now?

Board footer