One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-13 05:59:52

mrbah

Brada family closing in on 80 generations and going strong

Just got born as willow brada.
The family apparently has at least two villages, one bigger(?) in the south and one smaller in the north.
I was born in the south. there were still fertile soil pits nearby and a large sheep pen. they were a little low on firewood, but had an axe.
Honestly, what that village needs is another building and a cow pen.

Someone also bred the good kinds of dogs.

#2 2019-05-13 06:02:26

MultiLife

Re: Brada family closing in on 80 generations and going strong

You mean Bada family? I was in Bada family, before any double towns. My branch died out quickly though. Would be fun to see how the towns look like now.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2019-05-13 06:22:41

Greep

Honestly bragging about a lineage length is just asking someone to kill it off haha.

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#4 2019-05-13 06:40:13

mrbah

oh yeah you are right

#5 2019-05-13 07:24:06

Jaona

If you're curious when the town split, my mom was the one who started the 2nd camp :
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4426209

Mofobert on discord, message me for a good time.

#6 2019-05-13 10:55:14

MultiLife

Jaona wrote:

If you're curious when the town split, my mom was the one who started the 2nd camp :

I see! Gen 30. I was gen 27 so few hours after my death.
Go go gingers and redheads!

Xenia Bada tried to grief the doors during my lifetime. She built fences to block them. I made a pickaxe just in case we would have to bust open a wall. Then I tried to make spring doors but screwed up by letting the springs hit the ground in the process... Had to run for iron as we had almost none during those times. Got lost in the wilderness as I didn't know I had no home marker (first in a long while!), glad I found skeletons of relatives and then a man whose name I can't remember who brought me home with my iron haul.
I even managed to see spring doors made by a gal before I died.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-05-13 10:58:18)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2019-05-13 17:24:53

BlueDiamondAvatar

I was just one of the last Badas, at least in the main town.  I use Hetuw mod, so there may be more in the outlying territories.

There was a diesel well, and I used it to fill up both the cisterns. 

(FYI, I also played as a Bada sometime yesterday, so I'm pretty sure I was living in the original.)

Our last Bada girl suicided and summoned a bear.  sad  At least that's what her mom told me.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#8 2019-05-13 22:38:18

Grim_Arbiter

Bada's were great. I had two lives as one. One life in the north town, and one in the south town. Apparently there was another town to the east that I was told about but never saw.

scotty.jpg

red.jpg

First life in south I met a dog (I love the useless dogs IDGAF) and dyed us more red

FAVOUTFIT2.jpg

Second life in north, I survived a baby stabbing thanks to rick and jane bada.
Then made fruitboots and a cactus shrine

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#9 2019-05-13 22:49:39

Spoonwood

BlueDiamondAvatar wrote:

There was a diesel well, and I used it to fill up both the cisterns.

I have to wonder how much that helps out the town or family.  I guess the tank could get taken and used in a car or moved somewhere else and that won't happen with a cistern.  Or theoretically if I town needed more than 7 buckets of water at once I guess that could be a good idea.  Like I've filled up cisterns from a diesel water pump myself, but I can't say I know that's all that useful of a thing to do.  There do exist people who don't know how to run the thing, but that's fairly simple.  Then again, if you empty a tank that way, you can make more kerosone and people might not know how to make kerosone or can't find the rig.  So, I can see filling cisterns from the diesel water engine as useful, since no one in a few generation might know how to run a rig and run a distiller, but they know how to empty a cistern.  It is a cool aesthetic to fill up cisterns with water too, but that's a different matter, so I digress.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#10 2019-05-13 22:51:04

futurebird

If the diesel set up is there I make a few tanks and fill them with kerosine for the well AND cars. I really hope the changes to wells means that we get to see more cars.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#11 2019-05-13 23:07:59

hmrka

I played in both gen 99 and gen 101. My lucky kid got to be the 100!

They possibly died because I decided to travel to bell town, which I shouldnt have done. However I blame the idiot who used a sword on me more...

My daughter starved at about 30 and it looks like she got cucked by the other moms, only had one baby and it was a SID bb.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#12 2019-05-14 01:14:40

Psykout

Jaona wrote:

Yay that was me! Glad to see its still going and people are getting to spawn in both camps, was my hope when I made it, to get the lineage a chance at lasting

Spoke too soon, they died out before the reset. What I wonder is if the lineage would have ended sooner without the branch off towns or not, or if it made no difference. Always thought that branching out helps protect against losing the lineage overnight or to griefers, and might allow people to have a second life in the lineage before the ban from first town wears off.

Last edited by Psykout (2019-05-14 03:14:56)

#13 2019-05-14 09:07:42

Solbusaur

Rip Bada family

F

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#14 2019-05-14 09:19:03

Tarr
Banned

It was definitely nice seeing another 100+ gen family crop up. I don't think we'll ever have another boots family with how the game plays at the moment but maybe in the future we'll see a lineage survive for two whole days lel.

fug it’s Tarr.

#15 2019-05-14 10:26:34

Grim_Arbiter

Psykout wrote:
Jaona wrote:

Yay that was me! Glad to see its still going and people are getting to spawn in both camps, was my hope when I made it, to get the lineage a chance at lasting

Spoke too soon, they died out before the reset. What I wonder is if the lineage would have ended sooner without the branch off towns or not, or if it made no difference. Always thought that branching out helps protect against losing the lineage overnight or to griefers, and might allow people to have a second life in the lineage before the ban from first town wears off.

From experience, when there was a 200 tile ban, they work.

The further away they are, yet still connected helps greatly with not taking resources from each other. If your only 200 tiles away both villages will hurt for iron. That one was like 500 to 700 tiles away, so it was just right.

I liked that the north village had notes to trade rabbits to the south one. The north village was definitely supplied with more backpacks than the south one.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#16 2019-05-14 10:55:59

wondible

Final sad Bada family tree Looks like I was gen 2... but got a little careless.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#17 2019-05-14 14:26:07

Psykout

wondible wrote:

Final sad Bada family tree Looks like I was gen 2... but got a little careless.

Ooh I love the way that tree looks, been wanting that kind of visual for ages for lineages, so much easier to see whats going on. Quite a few crazy branches on that one there, fun line to be a part of.

Board footer