One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-12 00:23:18

Toxic
Banned

Man I love this game!

Jason the new update are so good. I haven’t hopped on yet but I played yesterday and I had one of my best lives. Not griefing but protecting my family with a sword from raiders. I actually think that this game will definetly go in a good direction now we just need some trading changes! War is already a thing I would say with the new changes.

Idk if you fixed the area ban tho, like otherwise it would be no baby chaos!

Love this game! I’m gonna have some funny making creative stuff and protecting my family rather then griefing everyone. The reason is now I’ll be more busy trying to protect my family rather then kill it. Like if I feel like killing I can kill other families if they don’t have defenses.

I’m gonna go and make a little wall in some town
CYA!

#2 2019-05-12 01:36:09

Bob 101

Re: Man I love this game!

I'm actually suprised you didn't start griefing.

GL with your defenses. I thought about building walls but that can be expansive and gets in the same somewhere. You could instead build a raid bunker with either prop fence or normal walls.

Keep the girls safe and arm males with swords.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-05-12 01:40:58)

#3 2019-05-12 01:54:25

Grim_Arbiter

I'm thinkin I'm coming back tonight from this update. Ive been working 16 hour days lately until my two week notice with one job is done, but I can sacrifice one of my eight sleep hours to play.

Half adobe bases built under a property fence would be a good two stage defense. You can slap a fence down, and In case nobody passes the fence down or maintains it, the adobe's will be still there to block.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-05-12 02:12:42

seth

Yeah I just had a great experience too.

Our family was getting old, and didn't have a lot of kids, but then an Eve showed up.. She didn't speak our language, but we taught her how to say "Hi" and she learned what "Come" meant.

As I got older, I realized I was the only one left of my people. I felt the switch - where once I was in the majority and had the dominant culture, and expected her to learn my language, now hers was the dominant language.

We placed items down on the ground, and I learned in her language "Berry" was "Goju".  When I said "Goju" her children seemed to be excited, I couldn't understand them, but I assumed they were amazed that I was finally learning after a lifetime of hearing my gibberish!

I as I grew very old I wanted my property to live on. So I told Eve to "Come" and I brought her to my property, then I told her it was her land and closed the gate. She opened the gate, so I knew she understood what just happened.

It was really a great feeling to know that we were only able to do that only because we had spent time learning each other's language, and building a relationship.

It really was a different relationship for the game too. There was a curiosity about meeting this new "other." Something exotic and puzzling and a little weird. That interaction was one of the most tender moments I've had toward another person in the game..

I suppose that's because there's mystery, and there's no way for this Other to break the fourth wall. They seem to be living in the game..

Anyways.. had a great time!

Last edited by seth (2019-05-12 02:13:57)

#5 2019-05-12 02:18:14

lychee

seth wrote:

Yeah I just had a great experience too.

Our family was getting old, and didn't have a lot of kids, but then an Eve showed up.. She didn't speak our language, but we taught her how to say "Hi" and she learned what "Come" meant.

As I got older, I realized I was the only one left of my people. I felt the switch - where once I was in the majority and had the dominant culture, and expected her to learn my language, now hers was the dominant language.

We placed items down on the ground, and I learned in her language "Berry" was "Goju".  When I said "Goju" her children seemed to be excited, I couldn't understand them, but I assumed they were amazed that I was finally learning after a lifetime of hearing my gibberish!

I as I grew very old I wanted my property to live on. So I told Eve to "Come" and I brought her to my property, then I told her it was her land and closed the gate. She opened the gate, so I knew she understood what just happened.

It was really a great feeling to know that we were only able to do that only because we had spent time learning each other's language, and building a relationship.

It really was a different relationship for the game too. There was a curiosity about meeting this new "other." Something exotic and puzzling and a little weird. That interaction was one of the most tender moments I've had toward another person in the game..

I suppose that's because there's mystery, and there's no way for this Other to break the fourth wall. They seem to be living in the game..

Anyways.. had a great time!

That sounds so cool!

I’m glad you had an experience like that. Seems awesome.

Board footer