One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-11 23:58:05

futurebird

If you are Eve and could get ONE item to start with what would it be?

So, you are going to spawn as eve and you will get ONE item to help you. What item do you pick?

Backpack is an obvious answer. But I think the correct one is something else. Can you guess what it is?

It can be any item...

Bellows?
A sword? (LOL)
A gold crown?

What do you request?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-05-12 00:15:27

GreatShawn

Re: If you are Eve and could get ONE item to start with what would it be?

a loyal and productive girl that will make loyal and productive kids who wont /die. and her babies will all be girls.

#3 2019-05-12 00:17:13

Tarr
Banned

Axe is probably the most reasonable as it enables you to skip worrying about fire.

Backpack if you want to boost efficiency of gathering

And of course a ball of thread if you want to get clothes done early after the resource nerf.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2019-05-12 01:00:58

1%Spacebar

A horse and cart. Try and find a town, since I don't actually like playing eve like I'm supposed to

oh boy *munch munch* these berry bushes *munch munch* are dying. i hope *munch munch* someone will water them

#5 2019-05-12 01:21:57

Spoonwood

Diesel engine right next to natural spring.  Pump valves aren't difficult to make, even though I won't make it that far as an Eve probably.  Oil will take time for possible descendants, but still, I'll pick the engine.

Completed belltower might have been an idea before this update to attract people.  But, now with swords, those almost seem like a death knell.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2019-05-12 03:31:49

Psykout

Staring with an axe probably would be the best. All other items can be gotten fairly quickly but being able to cut down on kindling is the biggest boost to an eve. When i was starting new villages from end game towns it was always shovel/axe heads and a bowl so i could start planting before kids and then throw down a slow fire when babies start popping out.

#7 2019-05-12 05:16:49

pein

actually i had a life when aunt had a horse cart and we went to settle as they started to have kids
we found a reasonable swamp with a desert near, before temp update so it was medium, had one mosquito which i snow walled
we stored the horse in small ice biome and it helped a lot gathering iron
i went kinda far and never found any sign of a civ, but was nice to have a horse as an adam, as i did the most things alone to become a decent camp

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2019-05-12 05:24:05

Baker

A few options here.

1. Iron mine

2. Rubber Cart

3. Domestic Mouflon

4. Completed apocalypse.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#9 2019-05-12 08:13:25

Psykout

early horses seem to get lost all the time, if I plan on getting horses for a mid level camp that has food production going, I get anywhere from 2-4 just because I know they will get lost. Also in an eve camp early resources are really close, if a horse cart is a gift from god as an eve, you probably picked a pretty bad spot. I'd almost rather start with one single clay bowl so you can plant berries instantly upon settling, than a single horse cart that will be rode into the sunset by someone that doesn't know running over a snake will take it out.

#10 2019-05-12 09:18:42

1%Spacebar

Psykout wrote:

early horses seem to get lost all the time, if I plan on getting horses for a mid level camp that has food production going, I get anywhere from 2-4 just because I know they will get lost. Also in an eve camp early resources are really close, if a horse cart is a gift from god as an eve, you probably picked a pretty bad spot. I'd almost rather start with one single clay bowl so you can plant berries instantly upon settling, than a single horse cart that will be rode into the sunset by someone that doesn't know running over a snake will take it out.

Are you replying to my post? I think so. Did you even read my post? I specifically said in it 'Try and find a town'. future said any item, and he (she?) never said how I had to play Eve. If I'm spawning as Eve, damnit, I'm gonna fly towards the belltown or any other town, populated or not. I don't really like making camps, tbh

oh boy *munch munch* these berry bushes *munch munch* are dying. i hope *munch munch* someone will water them

#11 2019-05-12 11:22:39

Solbusaur

A plane so I can fly outta there

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#12 2019-05-13 05:32:56

Stormyzabeast

A clay bowl

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#13 2019-05-13 08:59:26

mrbah

cart with tires.
carrying 6 baskets full of valuable items/food is great for an eve camp.

#14 2019-05-13 11:28:46

Alec

Yesterday..... I discussed how vegan living life good.
In conclusion "Cannot living without eat rabbit for needle".

So ”Bone needle” are good choice for vegan!

#15 2019-05-13 14:12:02

Spoonwood

mrbah wrote:

cart with tires.
carrying 6 baskets full of valuable items/food is great for an eve camp.

I thought a horsecart might work before, but I'm inclined to say that your suggestion of a cart with rubber tires works better, since picking babies up is more feasible.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#16 2019-05-13 14:27:58

futurebird

A cart filled with items is more than one item, and if you ask for a car or a plane it would just have the one use of fuel since a tank of fuel would be an extra item.

---
omnem cibum costis

#17 2019-05-13 15:26:33

CatX

If I could pick any item, it would be a baby carrying device. A shawl or a backpack with room for one baby.

I'm sure human civilization was built on the invention of freeing the mothers' hands so they could be more useful.

#18 2019-05-13 15:51:10

futurebird

Even pro-humans had methods to free a mother's hands-- it's not just older than history it's older than homo sapiens sapiens

---
omnem cibum costis

Board footer