One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-08 04:38:33

Left4twenty

An Idea to Fix Cursing and Donkey Town

The removal of donkey town in favor of a system of tracking murderer/victim interactions. When a player murders another player, the murderer adds that victim to a list "blacklisted players". A victim will never spawn into a murderers lineage (being defined as a lineage started by the player that executed the murder).
  It's likely that a griefer will be murdered in more lives than an altruistic player does, and that altruistic players are more likely to start lineages. The net effect of this is the altruistic player base slowly weeds out undesirable players from their lineages. Eventually players that get murdered enough will find themselves unable to spawn to very many lineages.

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#2 2019-05-08 04:49:07

Left4twenty

Re: An Idea to Fix Cursing and Donkey Town

As some side effects and notes:
-  a griefer murdering you will only lock you from lineages started by the griefer, which may be unlikely or undesirable anyways
-this would make "policing" viable, as you would be locking the person you deem a criminal from any lineages started by you, saving them from having to deal with the griefer
-this could lead to different lineages slowly becoming differentiated as various playstyles are selected out, causing variation in towns
-the lineage lock out could be temporary and scaled like curses currently are, to allow grandfathering in current curse accumulation.  Or add that only kills that are preceded by a curse cause the lineage lock out, to make it more balanced/ allow murder without complete banishment

Last edited by Left4twenty (2019-05-08 04:49:45)

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#3 2019-05-08 06:00:15

1%Spacebar

This is a pretty cool idea. I'm not Pein or anything, so I don't know if it's actually good, but I think it's good.

oh boy *munch munch* these berry bushes *munch munch* are dying. i hope *munch munch* someone will water them

#4 2019-05-08 06:48:00

DestinyCall

I like it.  Since you are blacklisting yourself from any victim's lineage, someone who goes around murdering a bunch of different players for little reason will eventually self-ban from the majority of viable Eve lines.   While someone who is selective about killing only problem players will lose access to a limited number of lines.   Likewise, someone doesn't get killed very much will have access to more options than someone that goes around attracting the wrong kind of attention and getting stabbed to death all the time.    Eventually, you'll end up playing with other players who you can get along with ... or you will be all alone, if you can't manage to play nicely with anyone.

#5 2019-05-08 08:03:51

pein

there are kills which are between twins or old people who are bored
and kills to help the making of the apoc tower which are both friendly
accidental kills and other reasons might exist, like half of the marriages end up in murder

a command would be better, blacklist XY then you are less likely to get him as your kid or she to get you
i wouldn't completely deny it, maybe a compatibility score would check which lineages are going and instead of heat and yum, check for compatibility first but in case if no other choice is available it could spawn in, maybe track it between -5 +5 and give chances of getting or not getting that player in

i killed dodge like twice and he killed me once(generally we don't agree on placements of stuff big_smile ), i still like him, and honestly i killed half of my friends and that's why are friends cause they are not butthurt over it. A noob will hate you for a life for killing her/him.

i would rather blacklist grave diggers or rp doctors than killers, lot of times i don't know what happened
and if they reasonable about it i wont kill them, or if i do kill them, maybe i was wrong but didn't wanted to risk
like when i got one female left and see a guy killing others i will 90% stab him cause we don't need the risk or drama

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2019-05-08 08:55:43

Baker

It helps frequent Eve'ers but as someone who doesn't Eve much, It just means I won't spawn in griefer lineages.

Most of the towns I'd play would probably be started by a third party so I'd see them again unless that Eve killed them too. Being killed by Pein, Tarr or some other prominent Eve player would hurt more than being killed by me.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#7 2019-05-08 12:30:01

Left4twenty

The compatability score may be a good direction to go.  There are two ways currently for us to try to remove unwanted players:  murder and curse.  Perhaps a murder is a -1 decrease, a curse is a -2, and a combo would be -3.  In this way cursing is still an important way of showing loss of faith in another players actions.

Last edited by Left4twenty (2019-05-08 15:07:39)

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

Board footer