#1 2019-05-04 17:44:12

Joseph Stalin

stop shearing last sheep

stop shearing last sheep goddamn

#2 2019-05-04 17:45:14

FeignedSanity

Re: stop shearing last sheep

no

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#3 2019-05-04 17:46:01

Wuatduhf

...why?

#4 2019-05-04 17:47:34

Joseph Stalin

if you shear last sheep, no more babies, so you have to feed adult, so you miss out on 4 mutton from killing adult instead of only feeding babies

#5 2019-05-04 17:56:27

FeignedSanity

Get that min, max shit outta here; "miss out on 4 mutton" lol. I'd personally rather not have all the dead sheep babies cluttering up the pen.

#6 2019-05-04 18:00:53

Spoonwood

I agree that there's value in always feeding only the baby sheep.  More mutton meat is not bad, and people who complain about clutter, I don't think get it.  But, is not enough mutton meat really an issue?  Because I haven't seen that sort of problem in a village.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2019-05-04 18:07:10

FeignedSanity

Yeah, there is value. But it's so minimal and unnecessary. I'd rather have the trade off of two extra tiles in the sheep pen and the absence of that stupid sighing sound every time a lamb get hungry or dies.

Also, if I were to take a guess; you probably don't get it because you're the kind of person that doesn't mind working in a trashy environment.

#8 2019-05-04 18:47:08

hmrka

no

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#9 2019-05-04 20:21:45

Booklat1

if i ever need to convince jason to nerf sheep ill show him this thread

4 mutton is vastly appreciated if you also compost since you get 4 pies for one extra water

Either way, if food is so cheap that some people can ignore it for "Muh clean pen reee" we may have a balance issue

#10 2019-05-04 20:31:24

Spoonwood

Booklat1 wrote:

4 mutton is vastly appreciated if you also compost since you get 4 pies for one extra water

Either way, if food is so cheap that some people can ignore it for "Muh clean pen reee" we may have a balance issue

It's not that simple, since cooked mutton isn't all that common.  Settlements could have more cooked mutton which would mean a little more yum.  So, I don't think having too much mutton is an issue.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#11 2019-05-04 20:42:42

FeignedSanity

Booklat1 wrote:

I just wanted to say that being a cock head and trying to arrogantly belittle people's opinions isn't a good look.

#12 2019-05-04 20:43:18

Booklat1

Spoonwood wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

It's not that simple, since cooked mutton isn't all that common.  Settlements could have more cooked mutton which would mean a little more yum.  So, I don't think having too much mutton is an issue.

I dont either but this attitude does show how survival is easy from food acquiring perspective

#13 2019-05-04 22:46:51

pein

survival is easy for leachers perspective big_smile

when is enough mutton meat, like 4 per each person then you don't need more, yet the pen should be fully packed so making 6 balls of yarn should be fast
i see this "dead lambs annoy me" but mostly from people who don't work with sheep
also i could keep up with the poop
just needs 1 wheat per sheep, and one compost per dung
then people use up soil for milkweed or saplings

the problem is that clothing makers create 12 dung with 0 compost and even move the poop
we can have smaller pens now,  or multiple small pens
and cooking the meat in oven is decent option
that meat can be eaten before berries

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#14 2019-05-05 00:07:08

honikker

I only find it annoying when I'm standing there with a bowl of berries and carrot, waiting for an unshorn sheep to pop out a lamb, and some ninny comes along and shears it before I can say anything. You'd think context clues would make them stop and think "huh, this person is waiting for something. Maybe I should ask!"

Two separate sheep pens--one for bakers and one for clothiers--could probably help. Maybe? So long as they keep to their respective pens and don't step on each other's toes.

I'm one of those spoopy roleplayers your mothers warn you about before they tuck you in at night.

#15 2019-05-05 00:23:11

FeignedSanity

pein wrote:

survival is easy for leachers perspective big_smile

when is enough mutton meat, like 4 per each person then you don't need more, yet the pen should be fully packed so making 6 balls of yarn should be fast
i see this "dead lambs annoy me" but mostly from people who don't work with sheep
also i could keep up with the poop
just needs 1 wheat per sheep, and one compost per dung
then people use up soil for milkweed or saplings

the problem is that clothing makers create 12 dung with 0 compost and even move the poop
we can have smaller pens now,  or multiple small pens
and cooking the meat in oven is decent option
that meat can be eaten before berries

While this is true, it's also true that survival is easy for a veteran player. Hell, anyone can survive. Go sit in a wild berry field for an hour big_smile

And I don't know where this "enough" is coming from. You can't ever have "enough" food, technically. You will always need more eventually. But enough for the moment? That would depend on population and clothing, I suppose.

I wouldn't really know if most people that say "dead lambs annoy me" are mostly people that don't work with sheep. I don't really ask around, nor do I make assumptions. Speaking for myself, sometimes they are annoying, sometimes they are not. It depends on a lot of different things, but they definitely can be annoying. As a general rule, I prefer a nice and tidy work area. Which is kind of funny considering how the game usually is.

Last edited by FeignedSanity (2019-05-05 00:24:14)

#16 2019-05-05 00:25:57

FeignedSanity

honikker wrote:

I only find it annoying when I'm standing there with a bowl of berries and carrot, waiting for an unshorn sheep to pop out a lamb, and some ninny comes along and shears it before I can say anything. You'd think context clues would make them stop and think "huh, this person is waiting for something. Maybe I should ask!"

Two separate sheep pens--one for bakers and one for clothiers--could probably help. Maybe? So long as they keep to their respective pens and don't step on each other's toes.

I feel like that's more to do with people's lack of consideration or awareness. Which is probably impossible to fix lol.

#17 2019-05-05 01:14:15

pein

dead lambs decay so no reason to do extra work
or wrong kind of extra work
like if your logic moving poop is that you don't have space
why don't you make space by extending the pen? oh you don't want to work on that
so you choose a half solution and even yell about it?

there is certainly a count when is enough
when you got all your baskets full of food, then you need to put them on the floor taking up empty tiles

also when you got 2 boxes full of ready pie baskets, it's enough
making a third one means people got no work to do, pie making at least is a distraction for noobs, once they cant make pie they get bored and kill each other or mess with the other things they shouldn't really
so you need to have some sort of things to do always, i rather don't make pies so others can do it, cause if i do it, i make it too fast
some people who complain cooking the raw mutton, got no intention of making pies and no knowledge about how many plates we got
they just stay stupid stuff like leave it for pies, when it gonna take a lot of time to empty plates and you can do more meat in the meantime
sure i will make pies like 2x in a life cause no one is making it and they eat up the berries and carrot instead if i don't do it

i had people who killed me for making a new pen, or a girl who stole my adobe to complete her stupid middle of desert pen and griefed me for straight 40 min cause she wanted to make a pen and take it an offense that is badly positioned
or same thing when someone made a tiny pen in a wrong spot, some people just don't want to hear it that they are wrong
or a guy who sheared every single sheep right after feeding it, and i couldn't tell him to stop for a minute, feed lambs, let more sheep grow so we can do fleece faster
seems like everyone just wants his own way
now i can say i know it better, that would sound just like them

i say my motivations are from optimizing resources and doing things for long term
if yours is a preference, a convenience, then at least consider what others say

there are things that are more preference based, like how you put the newcommen and how you arrange forge stones

the correct way is : "don't move poop, help me extend pen"
"cook this mutton meat, we don't have plates for mutton pies"
"feed the lambs, we need more meat"

still im pretty sure they wont listen

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#18 2019-05-05 01:15:06

Bob 101

I try not to but I still hate people who get triggered even when their is a ton of dung and mutton.

What you should be saying is Don't kill moulflon.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-05-05 01:19:31)

#19 2019-05-05 07:50:28

Psykout

Striving to optimize resources, being aware of the future and planning for it. Understanding what holds more value than other things, depending on time and current tech level. These are all good qualities to have, no doubt. The slippery slope is when you start to judge others based on if they follow the same principles as you.

Die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain.

#20 2019-05-05 07:56:20

MultiLife

Make a property pen and keep your sheep as you'd like! smile

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-05-05 07:56:44)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#21 2019-05-05 08:09:40

Tarr
Banned

Feed lamb.
Kill sheep.
Shear sheep.

Dead sheep don't get fed so all you have to do is make sure you're on top of shepherding.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer