One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-28 17:52:07

futurebird

Photo Paper Materials list

Assuming you have a camera in town to take 5 photos it seems like you will need (rare items):

-1 malachite (blue-green, becomes copper when smelted with charcoal like iron, from mountains)
-2 niter (light brown from desert)
-1 bowl of sulfur (take a bowl, or cart filled with bowls to deserts and collect the yellow stuff next to the pools)
-1 alum (white crystal from desert)
-1 electrum (rare, looks like hairy gold)
-paper

It seems that a byproduct of this process is gold. I thought it was an ingredient, but electrum is a mixture of silver and gold and you only need the silver for photo paper.

You will also need a new-common hammer, you may have seen these behind the forge they look like coal-fired water pumps. You need the hammer to make copper foil. 

So, to help your town get photos gather these items especially the electrum (it's worth bringing back if you see it the other items are more common)  Another way to help is to build the new-common hammer if you don't have one (do this after you build a pump though!) you can also get a cow for the town since you will need it for the black paint.

There is no point in making more than one camera in a given town unless you are going to start selling them or something. The camera seems easier than the photo paper IMO.

You can also make paper though consider giving it to a trusted person because people write nonsense on paper and use it up. Best to hide all the charcoal pencils at least.

Paper isn't just used for the photo but as a filter both in making the camera and making the photo paper. Someone made my stack of paper in to cards so maybe spread it out and let people know it's for chemistry and photos.

I would love to see a town with a chemistry and photography lab. Can we paint walls black? Black adobe walls, kindling various minerals.

It would be nice if there was a bunsen burner (we have kerosine and glass and string...) that could be use 5 or 6 times for the numerous steps where things must be heated, it could also be used to make paper and radio parts.

Anyone else interested in build and dark-room/chemistry lab? Are there any things that I missed when it comes to supporting the production of photos. Once I've done the whole process I'll draw a flow chart of how you combine all of these things. Don't get overwhelmed. If in one life you get a cow for a town and find some electrum you may just see photos of your great grand kids.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-04-29 10:06:13

pein

Re: Photo Paper Materials list

after doing it once some insight

still havent done camera myself but from the onetech page
hardest is getting a cow which needs 2 corn and 2 arrow, bow, rope
and some sort of pen, worst case sheep pen, put bison in tiny biome bit further so you can raise cows and kill them for piss
a milk and a limestone for the black paint, with one charcoal for color
then put on a board

the glass needs limestone, sand and glassworth ashes then a paper which needs a knife

i made the photo papers for Chi family and extra resources to make more, at least 6

electrum isn't rare, you need alum, that seems more rare and some niter, so you go to deserts anyway
also electrum is easy, forge without any charcoal

you can make paper at any stage but it would help if people plant mapple
also some ropes for buckets and bow and extra to carry the bison

for the black cloth you need one alum, you can also paint some hats black, they do work, while other colors had bug
the black color needs sugar, water, put on fire, make juice then wait 5 min to vinegar, quite similar to paper
file on wrough iron, mix with salt water then put rust in it
then use this paint in water on ashes, same time as the alum 2 fire, 2 water

you need a cloth to make black cloth which is 12 fleece, 6+6, best to have a pack and store in it until you ot both or people make aprons or clothes
also hide it or paint it right away, if you got solution before the cloth people might waste it, and the paper cause it decays if not in the cloth
this requires loom, which needs 2 copper, also one copper per 5 photo papers, so 3 malachite minimum
loom needs hammer, roller, 8 straight shafts, reed, drill bit, pulley drive which needs extra rubber and same thing what bore and lathe uses
the draw plate then makes wires from copper rods, but can be combined into an antenna so have the shafts ready for one at least (made 4 rods and chick combined 2 of the wires to antenna, didn't knew cause didn't made radios)

now the solution i made with onetech, gathering everything, a lot of fires and need to let one go out for ashes

niter, water, ashes then paper, then a sulfur
put on fire and put water in it before it decays in 30 sec, so prep water for it
you need to hammer down a copper for each 5 photo paper and put into the sulfuric acid for copper sulfate
then alum and back to coals
then the electrum into this and get a gold and a solution for 5 paper

then use 5 papers to put under the black cloth

right click camera and put on it, then people need to stand facing the bulb on it, and someone needs to control it

until people cant use properly, some paper will be wasted on empty photos

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-04-29 13:45:09

Wuatduhf

Re: Photo Paper Materials list

Here's my lists for making the Photographs and Black cloth.

Black Cloth Making
You need one to store every 5 unused photos

<Infrastructure>
* Loom
* Berry, Carrot, & Sugarcane Farms
* Sheeeeeeeeeep
* 2 Hot Coals

<Tools>
* Round Stone
* Steel Axe
* Shears
* Drop Spindle
* >=6 Bowls
* Wrought Iron

<Ingredients>
* 12 Fleece < 72 Gooseberries, 12 Carrots >
* 2 Bowls of Water
* 1 Alum
* 1 Iron Filing
* 1 Bowl of Salt Water
* 1 Sugarcane

Photography Making
Produces 5 Photos for storing

<Infrastructure>
* Newcomen Hammer
* 2 Hot Coals
* Firing Forge
* Loom
* Black Cloth

<Tools>
* Tongs
* 2 Flat Rocks
* Round Stone
* >=6 Bowls
* >2 Plates

<Ingredients>
* 6 Paper
* 3 Water
* 2 Niter
* 1 Sulfur
* 1 Malachite
* 1 Coal
* 1 Alum
* 1 Ashes
* 1 Electrum

Last edited by Wuatduhf (2019-04-29 13:46:12)

Board footer