One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-27 12:06:07

Toxic
Banned

Here Goes Another Killing Spree!

Today was a great day. Killed at least 3 towns today the archers, milks and some other town. I was too lazy to screenshot it but i know some people who were playing at that time. We killed this town but 1 girl ran away but we chased her down and my friend (name classified) stabbed her. She was cool about it and said that she had a lot of fun, even this old guy was kind enough to name me Grier. After killing this town we started heading towards the milk town. Since I had a horse I made it there first and stabbed this girl. The players in that town were decent so immediately a manhunt started. There was chaos everywhere and then my friend came in and stabbed another girl. We finished almost the whole town until my friend got stabbed, but I healed and then he got stabbed again. I stabbed another girl and got stabbed while on cooldown. There was 1 girl and a few guys left, when I told them I was toxic this guy asked for my autograph but too late I died. Then luckily but idk how I was born to that same town when I clicked get reborn, my friend was in donkey town now. I was born as their girl and when I was 3 my mom was old the whole town was so happy. Then I told them that I was toxic and I had just successfully griefed their town. My mother out of rage stabbed me and the uncle was like you got us good dude. Then I died and I was the last girl so milk town died etc etc happy ending I killed 3 towns.

Kind regards,
actually screw that goodbye it’s toxic!

#2 2019-04-27 12:26:11

InSpace

Re: Here Goes Another Killing Spree!

Oh no, sooo bad
11adc6ae7ef4f9282b6e832f793c7906.jpg

#3 2019-04-27 13:30:23

CatX

"Congratulations" on killing off people who didn't even know what they were up against.
Carrot farmers, bakers and blacksmiths. My my.

What a failure this Toxic guy is. Give me Starcraft over your stupidity any day. There people develop skills and fight each other because that's what the game is about.

I'm more and more supporting those who think griefers should be banned from this forum.

#4 2019-04-27 14:06:10

seth

CatX wrote:

I'm more and more supporting those who think griefers should be banned from this forum.

I'd take this as part of the meta-game. We can hear how griefers think and operate, which means we should be able to develop strategies for defense.

Honestly, private property sounds like a decent line of protection from griefers. If towns people have safe places they can run to and regroup (without fear of getting locked in) then they're probably more able to organize and fend off an attack..

Perhaps if there's one person in town who creates a fort with all the weapons, and lets people in to arm themselves..

#5 2019-04-27 14:11:20

CatX

seth wrote:
CatX wrote:

Honestly, private property sounds like a decent line of protection from griefers. If towns people have safe places they can run to and regroup (without fear of getting locked in) then they're probably more able to organize and fend off an attack..

We have no way of knowing when a griefer is born into our families.

Maybe private property could work to weed out griefers if we surrounded the whole town, make sure all knives are in backpacks, and only let old people smith and leave town. Then they can't make knives or arrows.

But it's not a method that will work in practice.

Last edited by CatX (2019-04-27 14:11:44)

#6 2019-04-27 14:27:17

futurebird

I think that by allowing bragging posts on the official forums it endorses this kind of obnoxious behaviour. We can't (and shouldn't) try to totally eliminate griefing from the game. But should it be in the forums where we plan for the future of our civilizations? Grifers have their own discord they should find some corner of the internet for the bragging.

But then I think the kind of griefer this game attracts is a very low effort type of person. Easy to throw tantrums in a game where you have permission and its expected. Easy and boring.

And while I say that we should not eliminate griefers from the game I don't think they make things more interesting. It's their absence that is interesting. When you are in a town like the one I was just in where everyone is working constructively it's magical. You admire the people around you. Because you know they had a choice and were mature enough to make the right one.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#7 2019-04-27 14:37:49

Oblong

is it that hard to ignore a griefing post lmao

like i did a big post too and it was ignored because it was me COMPLAINING about griefing

why dont yall just shut the up

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#8 2019-04-27 14:49:50

futurebird

that's why these posts should be banned... they will not be ignored. I've tried going weeks just ignoring them, I made a post about how we should ignore them, it didn't work so I stopped doing that. I could try again, oblong. And I will go look at your post now.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#9 2019-04-27 14:55:45

DestinyCall

Ignoring the problem isn't a real solution.   Griefing is inevitable, but it shouldn't be encouraged or tolerated.   That just allows it to spread, like mold.

#10 2019-04-27 16:27:40

Oblong

literally just.

im not saying ignore griefing. i’m saying to ignore the people who are boasting about this stupid stuff. of course they want a reaction.

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#11 2019-04-27 16:59:20

DestinyCall

Except that some people always respond, for better or worse.

If too many anti-griefers decide its not worth speaking up, then the pro-griefers will be left to pat each other on the back and celebrate their successful massacres.   Online communities are basically just a bunch of people talking about what is important to them.   Stop talking and your opinions don't matter.

#12 2019-04-27 23:55:58

BladeWoods

Futurebird I'm totally with you. Griefing can exist in the game, but there's no reason for toxicity or Toxic on the community forums.

#13 2019-04-28 01:36:02

honikker

MEH..jpg

I'm one of those spoopy roleplayers your mothers warn you about before they tuck you in at night.

#14 2019-04-28 04:46:33

Dantox

You try way too hard to stand out as a griefer, you will never be remembered once you are gone

make bread, no war

#15 2019-04-28 05:43:39

w0wma

Dantox wrote:

You try way too hard to stand out as a griefer, you will never be remembered once you are gone

saying that is a blatant lie. instead, once he's gotten bored of what he does and leaves... we'll probably gather around and think back of 'that one guy and his posse' and laugh at how sad it was.

#16 2019-04-28 11:14:12

Toxic
Banned

CatX wrote:

"Congratulations" on killing off people who didn't even know what they were up against.
Carrot farmers, bakers and blacksmiths. My my.

What a failure this Toxic guy is. Give me Starcraft over your stupidity any day. There people develop skills and fight each other because that's what the game is about.

If you don’t like my posts don’t read them. Some people just don’t get this word called *ignore* like you post what you want to post and let me post what I want to. I am staying in the community guidelines and don’t post anything against them.

Last edited by Toxic (2019-04-28 11:18:33)

#17 2019-04-28 12:13:14

Sukallinen

Let'em grief. Let's prosper, we'll be much stronger with that.

Only thing I don't really see reasonable is griefing before, say, generation four or so, after that one can do a lot to prevent griefing being succesful. For example, three sis is easy and fast food, so why not plant/keep one of each inside property fence forever (no doors needed) - they decay and ppl can survive on wild until those decay totally and you get all seeds (ofc other seeds too, this was just on top of my head atm since someone took all but one corn which I had hidden a way from camp...)

#18 2019-04-28 12:27:43

CatX

Sukallinen wrote:

(ofc other seeds too, this was just on top of my head atm since someone took all but one corn which I had hidden a way from camp...)

Heh, when I'm Stew Farmer I usually always hide away one corn just in case a times comes when someone decides to eat everything before more seeds can be made.

Of course, I have no idea if anyone will ever find it if the time comes and they need it.

#19 2019-04-28 12:35:47

CatX

Toxic wrote:

If you don’t like my posts don’t read them.

How about, if you don't like the responses you get, don't post..?

I think you should care less about my reaction and worry more about whether the people who disliked the griefing they encountered in-game are still playing the game.

You see, the kind of players I LOVE to play with will probably be discouraged by YOUR playstyle. I'll see them less and less in-game, and that is what gets me down.

But on the other side, the kind of players you love to play with, won't be discouraged by me farming carrots.

Read Futurebird's definition of griefing at the very top of this thread. And then stop the griefing.
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6183

Last edited by CatX (2019-04-28 13:27:02)

Board footer