One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-25 04:20:27

GreatShawn

Iron Change Suggestion (for the, like, 500th time?)

I talked about this a lot before, but no one who is powerful enough to do this in the game had saw my posts. Last time i posted something like this people got carried off and started talking about how i should work harder to get allowances and dont just ask for money, etc. SO THIS TIME, I want this to be seen by jason and make myself a helpful member of society.

Pretty much, This suggestion is about upgrading iron mines. Jason had been complaning about the root resource of the game being iron is too hard but make multiple root resources is too difficult, so I suggest this: Instead have multiple root resources, iron mines can be upgraded to be able to produce more iron. each tier require their own resources. The first few tiers can be wood, but later on the upgrades might require copper or zinc (dont see how zinc can make iron), and the final few tiers might require iron as well.

See? No infinite iron, but getting more iron will be a stationary task instead of people just go out and find iron veins and carry iron back.

After you emptied each tier's iron reservoir, it can also have a possibility that it wont make it to the next tier, simulating iron veins running out of iron. for the first few tiers it might be 5-10%, but as you go higher on the tiers, the possibility that it will go dry of iron is higher until the final tier it is a 100% chance of it being emptied.

I really hope this gets inplemented in the game and I will be more that absolutly delighted to send a few sprites of my own (W.I.P).

Also, all pray to Jasus.

#2 2019-04-25 04:54:51

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Iron Change Suggestion (for the, like, 500th time?)

Some changes to iron mines may come in the future.  I'm still thinking about it....

#3 2019-04-25 05:18:29

Booklat1

the kid's into something, Jason. More tiers but still finite iron is good

that and the water changes might be great long term

#4 2019-04-25 09:55:43

Twisted

When Jason first started adding Newcomen parts to the github, I googled what a Newcomen engine was and saw that they were mostly used for pumping out water from mines, which lead me to believe that they would be a mine upgrade. I still think that could be kind of cool.

#5 2019-04-25 11:52:49

Amon

Along with pumping out water as aditional work-upgrade, the deeper mines got, air was also pumped in in two different pressured (high pressure for tools and low pressure for breathable air) My grandfather and great grandfather both worked in mines smile one as a demolitioner and another that worked on the pumps.
Maybe we could breed ponies to hitch to a mine too haha.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#6 2019-04-25 15:46:02

thundersen

Twisted wrote:

When Jason first started adding Newcomen parts to the github, I googled what a Newcomen engine was and saw that they were mostly used for pumping out water from mines, which lead me to believe that they would be a mine upgrade. I still think that could be kind of cool.

Same. I imagine that making veins even rarer but upgradable with machinery would make the game more interesting. Setting up and feeding permanent mining outposts would be the kind of stories I would prefer over the current property fence weirdness. Towns might even compete over them or trade iron...

#7 2019-04-25 15:56:51

Booklat1

thundersen wrote:
Twisted wrote:

Same. I imagine that making veins even rarer but upgradable with machinery would make the game more interesting. Setting up and feeding permanent mining outposts would be the kind of stories I would prefer over the current property fence weirdness. Towns might even compete over them or trade iron...

I see you are a person of culture as well

#8 2019-04-25 19:56:17

DestinyCall

I would love to see "mining town" become a real thing.     Extracting all the iron from a mine should be a multigenerational project, rather than a one-man job.    I'd like to see early gen towns hunting for good iron deposits, then setting up mining operations that will keep going for hours or even days, if properly maintained and upgraded.    Roads and signs being built to lead future generations  back to the mine.   A small settlement developing around the area because people end up spending time near the mine, tending the machines or working to extract ore.

Board footer