SSscReb.png

#2 2019-04-24 18:22:27

JonySky
Website

#3 2019-04-24 18:22:58

Solbusaur

Re: Mock up as a hint

What is it for?

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#4 2019-04-24 18:23:01

Amon

Ooo, camera obscura?

Last edited by Amon (2019-04-24 18:23:18)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#5 2019-04-24 18:24:16

Tarr
Banned

So this weeks update is the opposite of last weeks

Great minor change, terrible major change (potatoes vs fences)

and this week great major change, terrible minor change (photos vs curse changes.)

At least this week is promising in one regard.

fug it’s Tarr.

#6 2019-04-24 18:25:31

jasonrohrer
Administrator

You already experienced personal trouble with the curse changes, Tarr?

Oh, that's right, they're not even live yet...

#7 2019-04-24 18:32:35

Tarr
Banned

No, but I can spot a bad idea just like anyone else can. If this is the only curse related change without anything else I can safely say it's a bad overall change. However, I'm sure you'll either eventually add something to fix it or we'll be having an annoying few weeks while you figure a fix.

fug it’s Tarr.

#8 2019-04-24 18:36:43

Stylingirl

Tarr is right, there are only two reactions to the curse changes, disdain from players and joy from griefers. The 60 seconds thing is pushing it a little but more tolerable than not being able to curse someone out of your own family.

#9 2019-04-24 19:45:19

Thaulos

It looks awesome. big_smile Would we be able to see it ingame or just on the website?

#10 2019-04-24 19:51:53

karltown_veteran

/shock YAYYYYYY

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#11 2019-04-24 20:03:07

Booklat1

jasonrohrer wrote:

You already experienced personal trouble with the curse changes, Tarr?

Oh, that's right, they're not even live yet...

I mean, have you seen how many times tarr broke something in your game?

#12 2019-04-24 20:11:36

jasonrohrer
Administrator

So you guys are constantly interacting with people outside your own family?

In my VOG survey yesterday, I didn't see anyone interacting outside of their own family....  11 isolated families.

Tarr:  are you aware of any additional global coordinate (or long-distance relative coordinate) leaks?  Toxic was hinting at some.

I know that you could potentially look at patterns in the map itself, but beyond that...

#13 2019-04-24 20:13:46

sigmen4020

Image is fake! You can't hold a fishing pole at that age!

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#14 2019-04-24 20:35:38

BlueDiamondAvatar

jasonrohrer wrote:

Constantly, No.  Consistently???  Yes!!!  I've seen characters outside my own family everyday this week. Even before Hetuw, I was regularly running as eve until I found another early gen town.

Want me to post links to family trees for some of the cross named kids from these interactions?  The Puddy/Berry family stands out.

And the town that ends up being a bell town and center of the eve sprial is almost always the product of multiple families...   Didn't you read JK's forum thread about the Wilson-Destro family? 

And another consistent example... Are you going to change the resets so that eve's start further apart?  Otherwise it'll be a bloodbath every week.

And that's just the cross-family change.  I'm more upset about the 60 seconds after death.  Kids can't CURSE!  This means half the people in a village are helpless at using the curse system at any point in time.  We need more time, so that our characters can grow up and be effective at saying curses.  You're effectively cutting in half the maximum number of curses a griefer would get from the people that see them in the act, and making kids even easier targets.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#15 2019-04-24 20:45:14

Amon

sigmen4020 wrote:

Image is fake! You can't hold a fishing pole at that age!

I think you cracked it!
Is the new hint based on children fishing???????

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#16 2019-04-24 20:47:44

futurebird

please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos please be photos ....

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#17 2019-04-24 20:50:07

futurebird

Also I want to 2nd BlueDiamond's comment. I consistently meet people from other towns AND I find other towns fairly often. Once I stole a horse. Were I more evil without curses it would be so easy to do so much worse. Curses are a serious deterrent from just picking people off in a town because getting killed isn't that big of a deal... but getting pushed out of the regular game is.

My instincts say the change to curses won't be good. But, I trust you to make the call about what the game needs though I must say lately the griefers have been very loud and happy and it just makes me wonder ...

Last edited by futurebird (2019-04-24 20:52:02)

---
omnem cibum costis

#18 2019-04-24 21:00:20

Turnipseed

jasonrohrer wrote:

In my VOG survey yesterday, I didn't see anyone interacting outside of their own family....  11 isolated families.

Tarr:  are you aware of any additional global coordinate (or long-distance relative coordinate) leaks?  Toxic was hinting at some.

I know that you could potentially look at patterns in the map itself, but beyond that...

It happens mainly in the twin/triplets/quadruplets eve scenario. Its fairly uncommon for another family to contact you but it does happen.

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#19 2019-04-25 00:08:49

Randomname

It happens quite often that families intermix, especially after the update.  I was Mina Minerva and I found the Yu family pretty close by to my grandma's Eve camp.  I raised all of my kids in that town, however I was unlucky in that my only girl died.  Before I kicked the bucket I raised a girl in the berry patch and named her Daisy Minerva, which meant my surname at least might survive.

If you look at Daisy her mother is a Yu but she is a Minerva, meaning multiple families in one town.

Edited to add that Daisy's great grandchild was named Malk Mars II which means at least another family (Mars) went to that town as well.

Last edited by Randomname (2019-04-25 00:44:49)

#20 2019-04-25 02:03:56

Spoonwood

Tarr is right about the curse changes.  Please note that I have disagreed with Tarr in the past.

I like the photograph Jason and I find pleasant to look at.  Looks nice!

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#21 2019-04-25 02:16:17

Tarr
Banned

jasonrohrer wrote:

Yes, you have another coordinate leak that still shows up in the stdout file. Right directly under your dummy files you have relative coordinates that anyone can grab and use to find others just like we did before the update. It doesn't show where everyone on the server is but it does show where like 30 different people are in relation to yourself so just peaking into the file gives you tons of information.

In relation to how the newest modded client puts together its map I didn't ask so that's something you'll have to look at yourself if you want to figure that out.

fug it’s Tarr.

#22 2019-04-25 03:07:42

futurebird

FWIW I find other towns without the any co-ordintes. Just because I spend a lot of time wandering.

---
omnem cibum costis

#23 2019-04-25 03:44:26

Baker

jasonrohrer wrote:

It is rare but it does happen. The other day I was in a Pie Town and randomly came across the Sparta family just as their eve was dying. I showed her daughter our town and she showed a few other dudes her camp as well, she ended up migrating since our town was bigger. She brought Iron and extra daughters which helped the town.

Although area bans destroyed the main incentive of migration. And now that we won't be able to curse other families, It makes sense to kill outsiders if they come. Even if they are good, Uncursable griefers become a thing because of them. Maybe remove area ban so we have both a benefit and drawback to having multi-lineage towns.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#24 2019-04-25 05:35:26

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Tarr wrote:

Yes, you have another coordinate leak that still shows up in the stdout file. Right directly under your dummy files you have relative coordinates

What do you mean by dummy files?

Here's a paste of output from a short game I just played:  https://pastebin.com/8TFwyaDN

And now I see the leak.  When you connect, you get a PU message describing every single player on the server.  Their coordinates are redacted.

But after that, you get a PM message for any player that is currently in motion, anywhere on the server.  And those coordinates are NOT redacted.  In reality, you don't need moves for every player on the server when you connect.  Just those around you.  Fixed that.

Anyone see any other leaks in here?

And yeah, I'm planning to extend the 60-seconds-after-death thing before it goes live.  Just made it 5 minutes.

#25 2019-04-25 05:38:18

Thaulos

I wish we could stay more on topic on forum topics like this one.

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-04-25 05:38:39)

Board footer