One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-20 07:47:31

Amon

Real Estate, Tiny primitive OHOL home .

So I got to finally mess around with some property fence, even though I originally wanted to make a huge milkweed farm in a moderately estabilished town. From which I got promptly murdered before I could do anything! So oh well that got tossed out of the rug.

Well anyway decided to just make a tiny tiny improvised home next to my neighbor instead. I do hope following generations will keep renewing that plot of land, or just discard it and then wonder why the heck is there a second oven...

20190420084312-1.jpg
First thing first, everone's first instinct is to be nosy, basically you'll get trapped pronto if you do that, My soon to be neighbor and I and had some fun with that.

20190420090227-1.jpg
It works! Also A fair warning due the rocks and no showels, which I ended up making after making the fence...well The shape isn't a square...One corner is awful to look at.

20190420093110-1.jpg
Sooo. Yeah, it's very small and unpractical.

20190420093410-1.jpg
Nyehehehehe

Well anyway. Is an OHOL house with property fence doable? Yeah it is.
Is it effective... Not really, drains resources far faster if you want to cook your own food and keep up your own fire. I think a communal sheep pen plus bakery will always be better. Compost and water are easy to have nearby, so those two things are a non issue.
But, should not forget that it is kinda fun to build a home as a mini project since they're easier to set up than houses with actual walls and flooring and less resource intensive.
However you could dedicate 4 tiles for soup crops, two or maybe just one for fire if you will borrow + kindling and firewood pile. And you'll basically be set. Also don't forget about clutter tiles + a box would be really great to store food and other clutter, which is better than making it yourself. Some items are just better borrowed. Houses are better made by men dedicatedly and quickly, I had too many distractions considering I was also working on farming and smithing and raising babies along the way. Or maybe you'll be better off just making bread with two wheat tiles, or?
(Okay so, why does a storage box require rope? Why not smithed nails or cooked glue from rabbit bones/hides...)

Also You need a box for sugar. Just sayin.
Maybe in my next life...

I think multiple houses could be doable if propperly arranged with good distinctions what is private/communal, like not everyone is going to have their mini compost cycle with a sheep and all. But personally it's a bit of a hassle to make it and actually LIVE in it, only future claimants will truly enjoy this house lol
Maybe their own personal cow, if jason included cow grates so you could stick it on a 1x1 tile with no worries of escape.
Maybe next time when I make a (an actually planned)home I dedicate it to an odd job.

Last edited by Amon (2019-04-20 08:12:37)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#2 2019-04-20 11:48:57

AmyJ

Re: Real Estate, Tiny primitive OHOL home .

Loving this update so far

#3 2019-04-20 12:13:57

Amon

Some more things people are using these for, marking roads...

Art!!

#4 2019-04-20 13:26:57

Amon

petdog.png
Another homestead, but with a dog! I only wish dogs ONLY got old after being bred, this wouldn't make them such a hassle to upkeep. Also everyone was super excited about this little home.

20190420145202-1.jpg
Also nevermind I was sharing this house with two random men first before before giving ovnership to my son nad granddaughter. Oop. What a free spirit mom is.

20190420151702-1.jpg
This is the state it was left in, again dear Amon does everything impromptu with little preplanning.
I hope the next generation gets rid of the wheat and just replaced the three tiles and the next one to the fire with soup crops.
Also the new owners already fixed the ricketyness.

Maybe instead of that, 4 buckets, 1 water, a single corn and to the left nearby the over or. fire add a small cow extenshion and just have firewood block the entrace of the cow. Might be a better alternative to making your own crops besides corn.

Last edited by Amon (2019-04-20 13:27:28)

Art!!

#5 2019-04-20 13:50:08

Spoonwood

Amon wrote:

Not really, drains resources far faster if you want to cook your own food and keep up your own fire. I think a communal sheep pen plus bakery will always be better.

A property fence sheep pen (with corner entrances) has already existed once.  It wouldn't surprise me if you start to see those.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2019-04-20 14:21:58

Amon

Yeah, the first property was a testing sheep pen. Basically it's the cheapest sheep pen you can have and you don't evenn eed to block it off.
However, that is still communal and not private, it's just utilising the property fence as a fence. People actually even made road snake and mosquito blockers!

Last edited by Amon (2019-04-20 14:23:29)

Art!!

Board footer