One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-10 21:56:16

JonySky
Website

Nobody else wants to commit suicide?

Sin-t-tulo-1.jpg

Thus lineages are extinguished, in this way old cities disappear, and in this way the histories disappear ....

I was making a trip to find a new city (with a good story behind my back) but that story has been lost forever ... and all thanks to sudden death and suicides

Yesterday I realized that the great majority of OHOL players commit suicide without giving the opportunity to explain that maybe they are the last lineage people or listen to the story of their mother or their people ...

This practice is becoming more common
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4065622

Last edited by JonySky (2019-04-10 23:42:21)

#2 2019-04-10 22:22:25

futurebird

Re: Nobody else wants to commit suicide?

It's really almost intolerable. And it has the bad side effect of making moms distant and a little hostile to kids who *do* want to stay. You don't dare get emotionally invested in a kid they might just run off into the jungle the moment you dress them.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-04-10 22:26:28

Bob 101

Yeah, Anytime I have a kid I expect them to suicide modt times.

#4 2019-04-10 23:49:57

JonySky
Website

futurebird wrote:

It's really almost intolerable. And it has the bad side effect of making moms distant and a little hostile to kids who *do* want to stay. You don't dare get emotionally invested in a kid they might just run off into the jungle the moment you dress them.

The problem is that all the effort is not useful and logically does not encourage playing another game

Look at the genealogical tree of the Bouquet family and most children have committed suicide just at birth

because I must create a new family EVE being if I die only 50 minutes without children around me because everyone ends up committing suicide

/ sad

Last edited by JonySky (2019-04-10 23:51:49)

#5 2019-04-11 05:27:38

MultiLife

I think this IS how towns should die. How families should die. People choosing to not live there. It's the end. Even if you want to keep going, they have the freedom to disagree.

That said, many still think they can get back to their lineage or town but they're actually on a lineage ban/area ban they don't know about. Recently someone even mentioned in a post how they had issues getting back to a family only to be told they can't get back because they had a lineage ban on, so they had toggled through families in vain, thinking they will roll the place they want to see again.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-04-11 05:32:45)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#6 2019-04-11 05:39:13

pedrito confesiones

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa necesito esa traduccion al español aaa nadie juega  a esto en español alfin siiiiii

CoNtEnT

Bottom text

#7 2019-04-11 07:28:04

JonySky
Website

MultiLife wrote:

I think this IS how towns should die. How families should die. People choosing to not live there. It's the end. Even if you want to keep going, they have the freedom to disagree.

That said, many still think they can get back to their lineage or town but they're actually on a lineage ban/area ban they don't know about. Recently someone even mentioned in a post how they had issues getting back to a family only to be told they can't get back because they had a lineage ban on, so they had toggled through families in vain, thinking they will roll the place they want to see again.

if I understand it MultiLife ... I do not intend to force anyone to play in a city or camp ... but this practice of baby suicides is spreading, and the EVES or the last females of a lineage can not counteract in any way.

if this trend continues like this ... nobody will want to live in a early camp ... or ... no one will want to live in a city with murders, or simply with dead bodies on the floor, or messy

the EVE races will be more and more impossible and the players will end up getting discouraged, because let's be honest ... who likes to be 60 minutes creating a good camp if he ends up dying alone ...

Last edited by JonySky (2019-04-11 07:29:42)

#8 2019-04-11 08:26:23

futurebird

I do think the number of /die babies has gotten worse. I would love to see some real numbers but it feels just endless.

---
omnem cibum costis

#9 2019-04-11 09:21:18

breezeknight

the /die option should be limited
like one per hour played

but in general

a supposedly social game filled with players which are that egoistic & spoiled tells something about
the imbalance regarding the lack of reward to being social & the lack of costs to being egoistic

something about that has to change

being social has to be rewarded, it has to have a value, it has to be worth it to care for others around
that's the most important part
but the death in the same family, in the presence of a player should be counted as a failure of that player to care
some sort of punishment for that lack of care had to be implemented

the game shouldn't be just an elaborate multiplayer crafting game

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-04-11 09:27:40)

#10 2019-04-11 17:28:55

JonySky
Website

futurebird wrote:

I do think the number of /die babies has gotten worse. I would love to see some real numbers but it feels just endless.

endless no, but worrying if
2019_04April_08_Monday
Sin-t-tulo-1.jpg

Last edited by JonySky (2019-04-11 17:29:32)

#11 2019-04-11 19:12:39

PeaGirl

It is a sin almost everyone does. We will have to see what Rohrer will do about this.
I think the 'pregnancy' cd should be implemented. It would make suicide things and messy bases less of a thing.
I mean, that where your mom is your placeholder in view and sees what you see etc.
less guiltful suiciding at least.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#12 2019-04-11 19:18:25

Amon

That sid array happned to me once too.
Though I find the ones where I only have boys and all survive rather far more depressing.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#13 2019-04-12 02:14:07

puddleofsick

Perhaps not limiting the number of /die's per hour, but increasing the time you are "waiting to be born" after you suicide multiple times. If I knew I was going to have to wait an entire infancy of time just to be born, then I would think twice before suiciding because I don't like the fourth town I'm being born into.  At some point, it's easier just to try to make things work.

Eve Puddy when I start as her.
Bringing oil tech to a town near you!
(Last pumpjack built as Arthur Pizzano on 4/23/2019)
(Last diesel pump built as Sun Stark on 4/18/2019)

#14 2019-04-12 03:59:32

futurebird

puddleofsick wrote:

Perhaps not limiting the number of /die's per hour, but increasing the time you are "waiting to be born" after you suicide multiple times. If I knew I was going to have to wait an entire infancy of time just to be born, then I would think twice before suiciding because I don't like the fourth town I'm being born into.  At some point, it's easier just to try to make things work.

This could work, because running and starving also takes time. Doing /die is a convince that saves players the trouble. So, a little wait could have a big impact. It can't be so long though that people go back to running and starving to avoid it. But, I bet there is a sweet spot.

---
omnem cibum costis

#15 2019-04-12 14:15:31

Booklat1

oh boo some stranger doesnt want to play with you

stop trying to coerce people into playing in places they dont want to.

#16 2019-04-12 14:16:23

breezeknight

i will from now on suicide in 3 additional cases !!!

1. if there is someone with a crown
2. family with the surname Skyles
3. if there are people without a surname

i've been killed today by a "queen" with several knives in backpack
but i couldn't even curse her, probably because she didn't have a surname, how lucky for the player to have found an exploit
she lived a long life & killed several other people
her ancestor Eve had the surname Skyles

so from me 3 suicide causes more to all those cases where i already suicide because of egoist players
if your lineage dies it might be that i just suicided & didn't want to help you, because your town was just not welcoming
cause i am not going to spend my RL time with your forced roleplay

& if similar incidents happen, i might even reconsider ALL roleplay cases
so be aware - if you roleplay, i might be your only daughter who would otherwise survive
but maybe your roleplay is anyway more important to you than the lineage

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-04-12 14:24:13)

Board footer