GreatShawn

OPEN QUESTION TO GRIEFERS ON THE FORUM

how old are u all

and what gender and race are y'all

just wondering

#2 2019-03-31 02:56:49

futurebird

Re: OPEN QUESTION TO GRIEFERS ON THE FORUM

Why only the greifers? Don't you care about the rest of us?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-03-31 03:07:06

GreatShawn

cmon griefers get special priviledges in posts like this

and plus, i dont want non-griefers' personal information

#4 2019-03-31 03:12:20

DestinyCall

futurebird wrote:

Why only the greifers? Don't you care about the rest of us?

We just aren't cool enough, I guess.  He doesn't care about our ASLs.

#5 2019-03-31 03:30:09

OminousBladeBlank

22 white male

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#6 2019-03-31 03:35:23

OminousBladeBlank

OminousBladeBlank wrote:

22 white male

I should add I get help from a South Asian 21 year old girl.

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#7 2019-03-31 05:15:02

Bob 101

Caucasian

Male

I'm also toxics father apparently.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-03-31 05:17:52)

#8 2019-03-31 08:00:46

w0wma

it's hard to believe that griefers can be above the age of 12... it's almost as if they're mentally **stuck** at the age 12, where they're still asshole intermediate kids. i'm baffled.

#9 2019-03-31 10:05:27

Toxic
Banned

Chronological - 2341

Race: Alien

bob 101 is my father (apparently)

#10 2019-03-31 10:47:03

Bob 101

w0wma wrote:

it's hard to believe that griefers can be above the age of 12... it's almost as if they're mentally **stuck** at the age 12, where they're still asshole intermediate kids. i'm baffled.

It's not personal man, Just a bit of fun. I'm not hard core trying to ruin towns every single life.

But sometimes I just feel like role playing, Others certainty get a rush from it. It gives people a break from endless food production, Let's them experiment with combat, and gives them more of a common goal.

Any self respecting griefer mostly targets the cities, Most of them are stagnant by the time I get to them anyway.

Majority of "good' griefers are adults. A child griefer will simply go on a stabbing rampage but get killed quickly and have no long term effects.

An adult will have more patience and better plan. Slowly starving them out by hiding the food supply and critical tools. Using bears and pitbulls over direct murder.

It's like the contrast between berry munchers and engine makers.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-03-31 10:57:39)

#11 2019-03-31 11:01:52

MultiLife

My questions:
Do you people use AWBZ's mod?
Why do you kill camps/towns/cities when the game kills them by itself already, and people can /die out of there if they hate the place (and thus end it in time)?
Do you have empathy towards online people you kill (do you view them as actual people)?
Out of 10 lives, how many would be a griefing life for you?
Do you care if your fun ruins other peoples' fun?
Is the rush what keeps the action worth it, or some justification you have, or both? (To me, personally, there is 0 worth. I rather hone my skills in art or play something else than ever put time to griefing.)

What makes me a non-griefer is that I do not feel any rush over the action of griefing and hindering fellow players' gaming experience. I'd feel bad for people, for getting them frustrated/sad/angry or waste time on chasing me. Many put time and effort into creating things to make life easier for the next generation, who could maybe eventually get to try out radios, cars, planes, diesel pumps, bells or signs, but cities are aggro'ed out of existence by griefers who justify their deeds as good or useful?
Why can't the city die by /die and leavers rather than damaging it to death?

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-03-31 11:07:50)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#12 2019-03-31 11:24:10

Bob 101

MultiLife wrote:

My questions:
Why do you kill camps/towns/cities when the game kills them by itself already, and people can /die out of there if they hate the place (and thus end it in time)?
Do you have empathy towards online people you kill (do you view them as actual people)?
Is the rush what keeps the action worth it, or some justification you have, or both? (To me, personally, there is 0 worth. I rather hone my skills in art or play something else than ever put time to griefing.)

What makes me a non-griefer is that I do not feel any rush over the action of griefing and hindering fellow players' gaming experience. I'd feel bad for people, for getting them frustrated/sad/angry or waste time on chasing me. Many put time and effort into creating things to make life easier for the next generation, who could maybe eventually get to try out radios, cars, planes, diesel pumps, bells or signs, but cities are aggro'ed out of existence by griefers who justify their deeds as good or useful?

Definitely use awbz mod. Knowing how many girls is very useful, Also zoomout to see more shit obviously.

Good question!

This is exactly why I don't view griefing as "bad" per say. Like you say, We are just speeding along a natural process.

I see it as a challenge to topple families on my own. Killing old towns redirects babies to greener pastures. I do not grief towns that are new.

Not often,  I do feel bad for the last males afrer I kill the last girl. But most times, People killed direct by me deserve it.

Depends on my curse count really. I can usually get away with 3-4 grief lives before taking a break to help new town grow and lower my curse count.

I think I create more fun then I ruin.

Every griefer works differently and I don't speak for everyone.

#13 2019-03-31 12:13:36

Guppy

"I think I create more fun then I ruin. "

You have fun, rest of the town gets frustrated. But onviously griefers think of themselves as
more important than the rest, otherwise they wouldnt grief.......

#14 2019-03-31 12:40:03

ruanna

Griefing is annoying. After dealing with a griefer I'm more likely to stop playing and go watch tv or something. Knowing that people are actively griefing I have stopped playing this weekend and gone back to tropico 5 and prison architect so I don't have to deal with them.

#15 2019-03-31 12:41:18

Toxic
Banned

Yay man Bob 101 got the point what he said definitely what he said. ILY Dad

#16 2019-03-31 13:12:55

MultiLife

Bob 101 wrote:

Definitely use awbz mod. Knowing how many girls is very useful, Also zoomout to see more shit obviously.

Good question!

This is exactly why I don't view griefing as "bad" per say. Like you say, We are just speeding along a natural process.

I see it as a challenge to topple families on my own. Killing old towns redirects babies to greener pastures. I do not grief towns that are new.

Not often,  I do feel bad for the last males afrer I kill the last girl. But most times, People killed direct by me deserve it.

Depends on my curse count really. I can usually get away with 3-4 grief lives before taking a break to help new town grow and lower my curse count.

I think I create more fun then I ruin.

Every griefer works differently and I don't speak for everyone.

I feel sad for all the people who don't have the mod and get griefed by someone with the mod. It's like an adult kicking a child.

To me you are adding an unnatural way to speed up a natural process; lighting a fire to a forest to help out a wildfire while I try to extinguish the wildfire, only to realize someone keeps lighting up more to add to it.

Killing families as a goal, in a way it's interesting that people create such goals for themselves in order to enjoy the game more, but I am very disappointed it's about killing. So many games are. It feels more like lack of imagination and creativity than proof of it, to revert to the killing things goal.

Deserving death... Well, if you poke a bee hive and get stung, then poison it, did the bees deserve it? I mean, in a case where someone is stirred to anger, calls you names/curses/hunts you, you'd probably say they deserved it? I've seen these stories unfold here in forums. "Well they called me bad names and exiled me! It was self-defense!" "Yes after you threatened us and killed us and tried to force people into slavery (as some sort of "RP")."

I think you ruin more fun than create. We are opposites on this one.

Small story about ruining fun vs creating it with softcore griefer: I had an old man in a fresh town who would kidnap babies, trying to starve them and drop them to wilderness. He would work from time to time, but mostly he just tried to kidnap babies. Me and my brother, both he tried to kidnap, killed him as adults. He said he made things interesting, that we "played a game together", as if he had done me a favor. Me and my brother both sighed, at the same time, "idiot", as he died there. We did not want to hunt him down, but we couldn't let him be either, as he'd kill naive and new players if left doing his stuff. We didn't enjoy this "game" he "bestowed upon us". He was simply a bother, a chore, like getting trash to the bin outside. It was not why I started the game, I did not come to play hero who kills "bad guys". I came to play together, to teach new people, to show tricks to surviving, to help out establishing beautiful and awesome towns and maybe get to do something new. But that started to happen so rarely, I stopped playing over a month ago.

ruanna wrote:

Griefing is annoying. After dealing with a griefer I'm more likely to stop playing and go watch tv or something. Knowing that people are actively griefing I have stopped playing this weekend and gone back to tropico 5 and prison architect so I don't have to deal with them.

This has happened to me. As the game is already against creating (deleting old items, decay, apocalypse), adding griefers to the process demotivates me and keeps me out of the game. If it was just everyone vs the game together then I'd rush back to play. But now it's the game against me, and players against me. I know nothing lasts forever; when it's just me vs the game mechanics I'm glad fighting a losing battle, but when players start fighting against me I find the game not worth it anymore.

If I could, I'd play the game completely excluding griefer players. I'm glad curses are in but overall I'd just rather be in a space without them. They don't spice up my gameplay at all.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-03-31 20:22:20)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#17 2019-03-31 14:34:37

karltown_veteran

Wait, so people in their twenties have nothing better to do than play video games all day?

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#18 2019-03-31 14:34:54

Potjeh

Bob 101 wrote:

I see it as a challenge to topple families on my own.

ROFLMAO what challenge? You guys are doing it here because it's easy, if you wanted challenge you'd be playing Rust or something. That and you hate indie developers and want the game to die, which you are actually quite successful at. Game pop has halved in the last couple of months, and it's all thanks to you. If Jason had a lick of sense he'd be permabanning your accounts so he at least gets some income from you rebuying the game, because it ain't coming from new players due to the gaming having a terrible reputation as a giant grieffest.

Last edited by Potjeh (2019-03-31 14:37:40)

#19 2019-03-31 15:30:49

MultiLife

Potjeh wrote:

...and want the game to die, which you are actually quite successful at. Game pop has halved in the last couple of months, and it's all thanks to you. If Jason had a lick of sense he'd be permabanning your accounts so he at least gets some income from you rebuying the game, because it ain't coming from new players due to the gaming having a terrible reputation as a giant grieffest.

Bob 101 wrote:

Killing old towns redirects babies to greener pastures.

Ahh, the sweet green pastures of... a whole different game.

#20 2019-03-31 15:32:12

Potjeh

Ye I moved to LoL because the community is less toxic.

#21 2019-03-31 16:37:29

DaTrüf!

Chronological - 2341

Race: Alien

No father (apparently)

>Me: *writes detailed post on pit bull griefing and details how to prevent it*
>Community: GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 2019-03-31 20:12:21

OminousBladeBlank

Potjeh wrote:

Ye I moved to LoL because the community is less toxic.

LOL I'm crying you're almost right though.

#23 2019-03-31 20:15:32

OminousBladeBlank

karltown_veteran wrote:

Wait, so people in their twenties have nothing better to do than play video games all day?

What am I going to do, more homework? No thanks, I'm going to employ my fun-tax on some salty scrubs.

#24 2019-03-31 20:17:23

OminousBladeBlank

Potjeh wrote:
Bob 101 wrote:

I see it as a challenge to topple families on my own.

ROFLMAO what challenge? You guys are doing it here because it's easy, if you wanted challenge you'd be playing Rust or something. That and you hate indie developers and want the game to die, which you are actually quite successful at. Game pop has halved in the last couple of months, and it's all thanks to you. If Jason had a lick of sense he'd be permabanning your accounts so he at least gets some income from you rebuying the game, because it ain't coming from new players due to the gaming having a terrible reputation as a giant grieffest.

There is a challenge if you choose to kill discriminantly. Make a story, be evil, and fulfil your goal - that goal shouldn't be considered griefing unless it is "end all fertile women in this city because I was born here and can"

If you develop an RP purpose to murder, you are RPing murder and intrigue. If you don't like that, play club penguin.

#25 2019-03-31 20:29:51

OminousBladeBlank

MultiLife wrote:

My questions:

No, I am pure vanilla.

I only kill cities or towns when I warrant it purposeful, case by case, with RP interactions. Never villages.

I try to be fair with the killings because I know it sucks to be randomly murdered, and sucks less when you know you have been murdered for a reason. I do care about making the crimes fun for more people than just myself. Even a life where you are murdered can be a fun one.

I do something similar to griefing perhaps once every ten lives (murder indiscriminately, though typically I don't try to wipe a city or target only ferts). I malignantly roleplay another 4 or 5 times (play with the intention of being a devious danny). The remaining 4 or 5 lives I will guard, smith, hunt, pie/stew chef, etc...

Again, I try to lead people onto my scent rather than just aiming for the fastest possible path of destruction of my town.

I love how it feels to create a good story. That is worth more to me than the actual mechanics of griefing. I want to fear being caught, be in a position of vulnerability, and watch as the town either comes together to defeat me or perishes by their lack of motivation and awareness. For this reason, I do not strike just because I can, but I find a reason to target someone or some group, prepare for an assault (this leaves plenty of evidence) and then strike. I do not bank on being unnamed and targeting ferts.

Board footer