One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-28 16:52:43

futurebird

The perfect mom

What are some things that makes a perfect OHOL mom? What makes you want to stay and feel welcome?

For me:

-Notices her surroundings. A mom who runs starving right by a wild onion, or who spam eats berries as Eve makes me worried
-dresses me. I know some people worry that babies run off with clothing, but mostly you find it. A mom who won't dress you when clothes are right there makes me want to just quit.
-Talks a little, but not un-needed tells me what she knows about the village takes me around a bit. Shows me berries to get started, mentions a few tasks that might need done. I know nurse maids can't do this, but even just a little info before the nursery can give me a life mission. I mean when in doubt tell the kid to plant milk weed or stack up wood and kindling that's always needed
-I don't mind a little role play, but try to keep it minimal myself as I know it annoys some people
-waits for me to say F before feeding me most of the time. Most moms feed to often in an Eve camp that can be deadly for her
-works! My favorite moms have always been working in some way. Running a forge, just watering berries, making clothing, when I was new I learned a lot by watching. I learned to make paper that way and tires. I hope I get a mom working on a radio some day.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-03-28 17:13:00

pein

Re: The perfect mom

you dont deserve clothing for your existence, especially not aprons and packs  before they know anything about you
clothing a baby is also roleplay
babies who jump out and bump into clothing deserve to starve

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-03-28 17:55:31

futurebird

Well you'll be starving me then because clothing is the first thing I focus on. Everything is inefficient until you have clothing. If no one has any then that is a different matter then it's time to make some.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#4 2019-03-28 17:56:50

Taz

futurebird wrote:

What are some things that makes a perfect OHOL mom? What makes you want to stay and feel welcome

Keeps herself fed.
Keeps me fed.
Isn't pein.

That's all I ask for in a OHOL mom.  Everything else I can do for myself at 3.

#5 2019-03-28 18:00:03

Grim_Arbiter

pein wrote:

you dont deserve clothing for your existence, especially not aprons and packs  before they know anything about you
clothing a baby is also roleplay
babies who jump out and bump into clothing deserve to starve

I personally clothe all the children even if I'm a male. Especially if there is an abundance of clothing. It has nothing to do with roleplay, but rather identifying everyone. If you actually recognize that person running around it gets easier to determine who's doing what, and where. I remember how someone looks rather than their name like 85% of the time.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#6 2019-03-28 18:15:05

PeaGirl

Or as a baby you look later what you can do, ask short words and scout with bowl of berries or any other small food.
Mother or nurses might have stress  going on especially if 1-2 of the babies are afk and not responding with F, I would rather let them die but if they were girls it would be bad to let them die. Them periodically feeding you without you saying anything is bad we know that, but it is lesser of the two devils for you starving to death with no one to chat with.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#7 2019-03-28 18:25:42

breezeknight

worst is, when some babies get full clothing while others stay naked
cause what do you know about a baby ? what do you know who's behind it ?
maybe the naked one would make good use of that clothing while you can be lucky if the clothed one is not a griefer

i cloth babies, but prefer not to give them backpacks if there is not an abundance of
& they sure don't get any knives in their backpack !
after the temp update clothing is vital, it improves the livelihood extremely
without clothing whatsoever to do anything is beyond hard

if i have the time & patience then i give baby a tour,
sometimes i am just running around with the baby searching for something, that's already some kind of tour
at the end i drop grown up kids in the berry bushes, it's the best start for them,

if i know what's missing in town then i tell also what the kid could do
sometimes i ask if they know how to do something, it's better than asking if new

speed mimicking, hyper active babies, babies which jump around things, don't stay put, try to force me to get them clothes
are going on my nerves,
i am less nice to babies like that, & way more cautious

- - -

#8 2019-03-28 19:23:58

DestinyCall

I was once given a backpack with three knives in it as a baby.  As far as I saw, I had all knives in the village.     Please don't do this.   

Fortunately, I was not a murderer or idiot, so the knives were not abused or forgotten.   But it took years for me to reach an age when I could use a knife, so all knife-related jobs were blocked until I was older.    I suppose I could have removed the backpack so a trusted adult could take some of the knives from it but that would have risked my backpack. 

You can pry my backpack off my cold dead body.  I'm not giving it up a moment sooner.

#9 2019-03-28 19:39:00

Matbat

Perfect mom:

Names you the job she wants you to do
Throws you into the nursery and gets back to work

#10 2019-03-28 20:13:34

karltown_veteran

DestinyCall wrote:

You can pry my backpack off my cold dead body.

Me when grandkids ask for my bag

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#11 2019-03-28 21:18:47

Bob 101

I don't expect lots of love from mums, They are just random people after all.

#12 2019-03-28 21:51:54

Averest

I've started, when they turn about two, collecting a bowl of berries for my kids and handing it to them so that they can explore around the camp/village and see what needs to be done. I also ask them what they like to do because helping someone find something they like to do makes for more productive kids and happier players.

#13 2019-03-29 04:45:21

w0wma

karltown_veteran wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

You can pry my backpack off my cold dead body.

Me when grandkids ask for my bag

i had a child who asked for my bag... gave it to her brother instead.

#14 2019-03-29 16:33:11

pein

every single griefer and drama queen is begging for bags and knifes
you can still gear a kid at age 3-4, you dont need to toss everything on it right away
especially when the population is high

i met a few assholes who were fully geared and acted like they ran shit, like has the knife from birth, doesn't kill a single sheep in 30 years, i kill a griefer and stabs me cause he thinks he is some kind of hero
the other day a guy was acting the same way, a bitch were threatening everyone with bow, i shot her, then he spared me, my son made a knife, fricking slowly, had the file and hammer in pack, and then was folowing me, and stopped asking like "who is murdering people?". if he was dumb enough to not see why the chick was shot, and tries to kill me then i got the right to defend myself
i got stabbed by the guy cause "killed 2 people" i got healed by a niece cause she seen im working and the guy didnt really, so i got rid of him

you should give everyone some clothing or just put it down and let them find it, that is like rewaring  the ones who can explore
in bigger cities you can afford skins and straw hats
any case packs and aprons need to go for the ones that work, those idiot rpers just stop everyone else from working and withhold storage and tools from others
you can keep them warm, but they dont need storage when they wont move outside city
and when you give a pack to a good player, can get back snares and rabbits or feed everyone else rather than spend 20 min while the noobs harassing others cause they got a knife and 4 pies in pack and they so cool now

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#15 2019-03-29 22:34:30

Ilka

pein wrote:

the other day a guy was acting the same way, a bitch were threatening everyone with bow, i shot her, then he spared me, my son made a knife, fricking slowly, had the file and hammer in pack, and then was folowing me, and stopped asking like "who is murdering people?". if he was dumb enough to not see why the chick was shot, and tries to kill me then i got the right to defend myself
i got stabbed by the guy cause "killed 2 people" i got healed by a niece cause she seen im working and the guy didnt really, so i got rid of him

Aaaa !!!! Pein, it was you again? I was a guy who stabbed you. Lol. Who in your opinion did not work? I made clothes for half the camp.  I'm back with a cart full of sealskins and here a woman kills someone. I am listening to the explanation and I am not killing this person, and she is murdering someone after a minute. And what do you think, should I stand idle and count how many more people you will kill? 
Coming back to the topic - the perfect mom is just nice. I do not have any great requirements. Recently, I saw how some "mom" called her baby Little Shit. Charming, right? The kid committed suicide and I am not surprised at all.

#16 2019-03-30 15:32:37

pein

Ilka wrote:
pein wrote:

Aaaa !!!! Pein, it was you again? I was a guy who stabbed you. Lol. Who in your opinion did not work? I made clothes for half the camp.  I'm back with a cart full of sealskins and here a woman kills someone. I am listening to the explanation and I am not killing this person, and she is murdering someone after a minute. And what do you think, should I stand idle and count how many more people you will kill? 
Coming back to the topic - the perfect mom is just nice. I do not have any great requirements. Recently, I saw how some "mom" called her baby Little Shit. Charming, right? The kid committed suicide and I am not surprised at all.

well, know your surroundings

chick was running full 10 minutes with a bow and tells kids gonna kill them
even if it's not true, i don't like her near me, nobody liked her

my own son tries to make a knife and kill me for it, yelling "stupid bitch" or something like that
while im standing calm in fire

grow some balls and wait my cooldown, then you can challenge me, the fact that i was healed and you didn't proves i was right
honestly it was nice afterward, 3 of us working quite hard, don't remember what was after, i think we had one kid only then i died
you missed out on the whole thing and then act as a hero, you acted like you know all facts, in meantime you didn't even listen to me or the others

but just logically: im a same age/younger girl who was naked at start and got full clothing, knife, self made, and did everything around the camp
vs my naked 8 year old guy who has a knife, file and a hammer in backpack
not one min later but same thing
he just tried to kill me for killing that shithead, and i guess the lil girl who saved me was the other baby who was threatened with loaded bow from 1 tile away

you want a fair trial? you didn't give a fair trial
you want to get rid of me? don't be a coward
you think you know people and you recognize the ones who are helping? well you failed
i don't mind getting stabbed, obviously i could have done differently, but i was also quite calm the whole time and went back to work right after the biatch died

Last edited by pein (2019-03-30 15:33:32)

Board footer