One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-21 17:40:05

futurebird

The Great Road

I'm so impressed with the great long road that connects the Eve town at the center of the spiral (with the red white and blue wall, where the 8 sister Eve's once spawned) to towns to the north. It isn't done, but I will work on it every chance I get!

It is long even on a horse.

I rode south and and shocked that I knew the town at the end of the road. This place has been going since the spiral started, so even though I used to dislike the place and /die from there I decided to stay. I had two daughters. One just wanted to die, the other had twin baby girls just as I was getting old and saying goodbye.

I told them they should take over and have many children. Wishing them luck.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-03-22 00:48:10

Oblong

Re: The Great Road

Yeet. I started the road from the north and wrote the paper saying that there was a town north of the oil rig. It’s complete enough to the point where you can follow fragments of it without getting lost. Hopefully one day it’ll be completely finished.

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#3 2019-03-22 01:00:13

Villas

Yes, I love this, a lot of people worked on this road, a lot of people lost their lives building it. There are two bell towns connected now (and another south town connected, so there are three towns), I'm working on radios now. Ill put an AM transmiter high frequency and an AM receiver in  the center of the spiral (someone has already made the high frequency transmiter), and an AM high frequency receiber and one AM medium frequency transmiter in the northern town. It will make people less bored and will motivate them to split and keep two towns alive. I've never made one, I hope someone helps me.

#4 2019-03-22 03:17:38

antking:]#

its amazing what people working together can accomplish! maybe  one day their will be long roads stretching every where!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#5 2019-03-22 08:38:56

PeaGirl

Any suggestions for placing placebo items on roads to make it safe to run on?
Since seeds cannot be used on floor since it decays... rabbit bones would be useful, but the bones will decay later on, just needles would remain.
Just in case that I'll have to make roads as well.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#6 2019-03-22 08:59:13

Sanshuba

PeaGirl wrote:

Any suggestions for placing placebo items on roads to make it safe to run on?
Since seeds cannot be used on floor since it decays... rabbit bones would be useful, but the bones will decay later on, just needles would remain.
Just in case that I'll have to make roads as well.

I think needle is the fastest, cheapest and it’s less likely to be removed, by cooking one rabbit you can create infinite bones.
I saw some oven base near jungles, it’s also a cheap choice to protect with oven base. Another cheap option is protection with horizontal fences, because people can use it to park horses.

#7 2019-03-22 09:26:33

pein

i would suggest home markers or stakes

i mean you can hit them inside the road and harder to remove by accident

if you plant some trees then each hour you can make some, after a while the fences and paper gets exhausted, so the branches can be used for this
ofc not for a whole road but the bigger biomes at least

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2019-03-22 18:30:48

BlueDiamondAvatar

Oblong wrote:

Yeet. I started the road from the north and wrote the paper saying that there was a town north of the oil rig. It’s complete enough to the point where you can follow fragments of it without getting lost. Hopefully one day it’ll be completely finished.

Good work Oblong!  I followed it from North town all the way down to Many Eves (or Cletown as the sign says), and back again during one life.  I also rescued two abandoned horsecarts in that life.  Great fun!

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

Board footer