--

add more

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-03-17 15:53:35

InSpace

Re: Sh*t greifers say

He stabbed me for no reason, hes a killer!!

#3 2019-03-17 16:31:47

DestinyCall

"I stabbed him because he is a killer!"

#4 2019-03-17 16:41:12

futurebird

What is with griefers and not even really knowing the basics of the game? It's funny to watch. This one kid was like "give me a knife" I told my mom not too since she had no good reason for wanting one. later she stabbed me and it was just funny to watch how long it took her to figure it all out. She was having trouble stabbing me so I just stood still. Like "Ok come one do it I know you can figure this out"

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#5 2019-03-17 16:49:49

DestinyCall

I think many griefers are both very new to the game and very young in real life.   So they choose to be destructive because it is easier than be constructive .. and they are very obvious about their bad intentions. 

I'm not fond of griefers, but if you are going to be a dick to other people, at least try to be a little creative.   For example, I was in a village the other day and I saw a young boy digging graves.  I asked him to stop because he was wasting iron.   He told me "the lizard told me to do it".   I told him to be careful because lizards are unreliable and I went back to work.   He was good kid, but very impressionable.   Eventually the lizards told him to stab his sister and he died young.   Very sad.

#6 2019-03-17 17:28:28

WalrusesConquer

- Having black babies and immediately cussing at them

- doing nothing. All life just saying how you have wronged them

- Swearing at people because they don't worship you (or other rp that kills eve camps)

-Refusing to slash die while calling you a c***

-Spam clicking is also one.
Sometimes I wish I could /die some kids myself..

Last edited by WalrusesConquer (2019-03-17 17:29:51)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#7 2019-03-17 17:40:44

GreatShawn

Me: "Omg why did you forge the wrong item?! When I told you like, five thousand times!"

Noob: "you didn't tell me"

Random old woman: "Hey stop being so mean to her! She did nothing wrong!"

Noob: "Kill that mean person plz"

Random old woman starts to chase me with a knife until eventually I got stabbed. One of the shittiest lifes ever.

#8 2019-03-18 00:38:09

happynova

You forgot "X is griefer!" where X is the person who's wise to what they're up to or refusing to put up with their bullshit. 

Also, "it was accident!" after they've just killed somebody and tried to run away.  Yeah, you're not fooling anybody, dude.

futurebird wrote:

"I need a knife"
"why"
"to hunt animals"

God, if I had a nickel for every time I've had that conversation.  It screams "griefer," but what's especially annoying about it is that it sometimes is just newbies who are utterly clueless and hunting is the only thing they can think of to do, somehow, even though they have no idea how to do it.  So it's hard to know whether they need killing or educating.

I had an interesting encounter like that recently, in fact:

Kid goes up to someone with a knife in their backpack and asks to have it.  The idiot with the knife says, "OK," takes it out of the pack, and drops it.  I swoop in and pick it up, telling the guy ffs, don't just give knives to every random person who asks!  The guy says OK, and leaves.

"I need that!" says the kid.

"What for?" says I.

"To hunt."

"To hunt what?"  If he'd said snakes here, he would have have at least gotten half a point towards me deciding he was actually legit, but nope.

"Sheep."

Uh-huh.  Well, huge benefit of the doubt, maybe he means to kill some domestic sheep, and English isn't his first language or something. (Not that I'd give him the knife for that, but I might have gone and done it for him.)  So I say, "Wild sheep?"

"Yes."

"No.  You can't kill those with a knife, and we don't need any.  I'm going to hold onto this and do something actually useful with it."  (I was thinking we could use some rubber, in fact.)

Usually at this point they start swearing at me.  But instead he said, "Then how do I help the town?"

Wow.  Now, that is the right question! I ask him if he knows how to make compost, and he says no, so I teach him, including my usual mini-lecture on how compost-making is possibly the single most important thing to learn if you want to be useful.  He pays close attention and learns well, although he's clearly super, super new.  Indeed, sometime before he hits thirty he exclaims that he's never lived this long before.  Which always brings a smile to my face.

So I'm glad I didn't just stab him.  If he hadn't departed from the usual "sh*t griefers say" script there, I very well might have decided I needed to.

#9 2019-03-18 01:14:11

Monolith_Rans

Make your own knife, you little sh*ts.  Also, what was said about them being young is very accurate.  I play this game with my kids.  My 11 year old was very tempted to go on murder sprees when knives were invented.  We had many conversations about griefing and how it’s not cool to ruin the game for others even if we will never meet them or know who they are.  So much of my children’s lives exist in an online anonymous space.  Cultivating empathy takes more work these days.  I try to play this game as if these people are my family and my game life is all I have.  To me, that’s the point of the game.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#10 2019-03-18 01:30:43

PeaGirl

Monolith_Rans wrote:

Make your own knife, you little sh*ts.

And spend 9 steel ingots to make blade god knows to how many people.

It's not if you've made the knife, but if the user is wise and not acting up stupid things.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#11 2019-03-18 01:36:49

pein

griefer after running around 8 minutes and i stab her:
-learn to use knife
can you be more dead than that? or wanted to die earlier?
i mean i needed like 2 min to chase her, had a bit of lag, wont going to do much dmg
and she was dead the moment she ate
told them to starve her as a kid
she hid like a chisel and some iron into swamp i guess
even too lazy to go far
not like i couldn't of followed her, i made knife under that time

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer