One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-14 21:57:10

mensrea

Murder is entertainment. How often is best?

I never have to commit murder randomly to get my fill of it. Inevitably, a griefer will commit a murder and that can't be tolerated or allowed to happen again, so I am also involved in committing murder. This happens enough that I never feel the need to seek out murder.

So, I'd say in about ten percent of my lives a murder would be enough murder for me. It's pleasant when otherwise there are no murders and no griefers.

Sadly, I am at 2:2 lives to murders. I was murdered in the previous life. Then in the subsequent life I was happily making bean burritos and tacos when the griefer made a second hot rock out of my dough rolling board. I observed this guy continue to seemingly randomly pickup and drop items and be unresponsive to queries. Someone tells me to make a knife so of course I do. I'm also making a kraut board, which I admit it is suspicious when someone is making four blades at once. When questioned it was deemed reasonable.

Anyway, this guy shows up with arrow in his bow and I commence evading and pleading for help. Eventually I get him by the sheep pen. Next, one of my brothers thinks it's a good idea to commence a revenge killing. "He's a murderer," my brother said, referring to me. I think I end up getting healed once. Then I have to kill him. Next thing I know there are murders on murders. It's a bloodbath.

But, if one murder is entertainment, then six or eight murders is some factor greater than one times better than a single murder. If it had been three murders I would have been disappointed. There is no reason to celebrate; I have seen that many before. But I have never seen something as great as what I was witnessing. We were running out of meds. A child victim of a random arrow attack had a clean wound but somehow the needle and thread disappeared amongst so many people standing around. There were so many babies around the nursery fire, I am sure some of them must have starved in the chaos. Idiots were dropping clean pads on the ground.

And somehow, I, believing to have generally instigated this, am still alive somehow and I have committed two murders, one against a griefer and one in self-defense against one claiming to kill murderers.

I started telling people who would flash knives while cycling through their backpack inventories that they really shouldn't do that in front of a murderer. Seeing a knife two or three squares away is frightening because of the propensity for revenge killings. I hope they found my telling them that as funny as it was to say it.

Here's to a murder-free hour in the future.

Do you also find murder entertaining? How much is preferred?

#2 2019-03-14 22:17:10

pein

Re: Murder is entertainment. How often is best?

i always meet this stupid heros that say murder is bad then kill you, on cooldown, if i ever wasnt on cooldown i think is more than 90% winrate for me so i rally hate to be stabbed on cooldown

or you call someone noob so you get 20 curses while people fucking up the city got nothing

curses killed the killing game

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-03-14 22:19:24

futurebird

mensrea wrote:

I observed this guy continue to seemingly randomly pickup and drop items and be unresponsive to queries.

I don't think it was the case with your guy, but this could just be having issues with the controls. I once started spazing like that while starving and almost got stabbed because I couldn't respond. My issue is I click on my "open applications" bar and some app starts opening and the game slows to 6 FPS and it's awful. Don't know how to prevent this.

I feel about the same about murder, now and then a little mayhem is fun, but if it just turns in to some kind of strange PVP it's not the game I wanted.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#4 2019-03-14 22:58:46

Bob 101

pein wrote:

i always meet this stupid heros that say murder is bad then kill you, on cooldown, if i ever wasnt on cooldown i think is more than 90% winrate for me so i rally hate to be stabbed on cooldown

or you call someone noob so you get 20 curses while people fucking up the city got nothing

curses killed the killing game

You can't win either way. Standstill and try to talk and people kill you anyway. Try to evade and people use that as an excuse to kill you.

#5 2019-03-14 23:23:38

Solbusaur

I enjoy killing, I don't enjoy griefing. But I'm usually willing to duel at the end of a life, if someone else is up for it.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#6 2019-03-15 00:49:01

pein

actually you wont get cursed by victims as much, as from butthurt 12 year olds who frame you for 2 hours for calling them noob
yeah, if you dont run, they kill you, if you run they take as an excuse, like no good solution
people dont work or think or learn to fight back, but pro at running home and cursing even if they attack you

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer