One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-02-19 22:17:57

Greep

Re: This week's update is the worst

Seriously, just stop responding to rage guys xD

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#77 2019-02-19 22:49:41

karltown_veteran

Rage wrote:

Claim i am a 'troll' while i keep my posts limited to this one thread, you ass lickers are spreading your undying love of jason all over the forum. Again you are all HILARIOUS.

While you were all going on about how far you can climb up jason's ass i was writing the complaint. I was going to just send a letter of demand to jason, but all the ass licking going on convinced me to do otherwise. Thanks to you jason will not get a letter of demand only a complaint filed in court.

HILARIOUS big_smile

STATE OF NEW MEXICO
COUNTY OF CHAVES
MAGISTRATE COURT

Chase

vs.

Jason C Rohrer

Davis, California

COMPLAINT FOR FALSE ADVERTISING AND FRAUD

Parties
The defendant Jason C Rohrer is a game developer and sells access to his game server and lives in Davis California.

The plaintiff is Chase          and purchased access to Jason C Rohrer’s game server.

VENUE AND JURISDICTION
Venue in this court is proper as the injuries to the Plaintiff occurred within the County of Chaves New Mexico and the defendant regularly seek to avail themselves of the subject jurisdiction for the purposes of obtaining additional clients and/or providing services to existing clients, including marketing on a national game site www.steam.com and the internet directed to consumers in the USA and specifically New Mexico. Subject matter in this action is properly heard in this Court, as the action incorporates an amount in controversy as set forth in this complaint does not exceed $10,000.00. At all times mentioned herein, New Mexico Long Arm Statue, were in full force and effect, and were binding upon Defendant, because of the crimes committed on the plaintiff while living in the state and because of the defendants and their agents marketing and selling the product which the plaintiff was harmed by in Chaves County state of New Mexico. Minimum contact is also met by the criteria set by zippo vs zippo and Calder v. Jones, 465 U.S. 783 (1984), in cases with insufficient interactivity or minimum contacts, but where an action is targeted at a particular forum.

FACTS COMMON TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION

The plaintiff purchased access to the game server One Hour One Life at http://onehouronelife.com/ for  $20.00. The game was advertised on Steam and other internet platforms as a civilization building and child rearing game. The game is neither of the things it is advertised to be. There is no way to ‘build a civilization’ because one player can never see get back to the spot they were building without anything but luck. The game also expounds itself to be focused on child rearing, and claims you can teach your children the game basis. This is not possible because the fast rate the of hunger, the player is left doing hardly anything except finding food to stay alive for the one hour of life they get.

After purchasing access to the server and finding out this game is not what it advertises to be, the plaintiff contacted the creator/developer by the email given by him and asked for a refund. The plaintiff was ignored. Since the plaintiff was already  invested in the game anyway to just play it instead of making a big fuss.

Less than one month after purchase of the game and requesting a refund, the developer and defendant chose to ‘update’ the game without proper warning making the hunger problem even worse and furthering the gap between what was advertised and what was received.

See Exhibit 1

CAUSE OF ACTION
Fraudulent Advertising Resulting In Monetary Loss
Plaintiff incorporates by reference the allegations contained in the above paragraphs, and each and every part thereof with the same force and effect as though set out at length herein. Plaintiff was subjected to the above referenced conduct including false advertising and fraud. Plaintiff is informed and believes, and thereupon alleges, that it was the routine practice and/or defacto policy of Defendant.

As a direct and proximate result of Defendants unlawful conduct, Plaintiff has suffered special damages to be proven at time of trial. As a direct and proximate result of Defendants unlawful conduct, Plaintiff has suffered general damages including but not limited to shock, stress, financial loss and other damages to be proven at the time of trial. Plaintiff is informed and believes, and thereupon alleges, that Defendants, and each of them, committed the acts herein alleged maliciously and oppressively in conscious disregard for the Plaintiff and other paying customers. Plaintiff is entitled to recover punitive damages in an amount according to proof and totaling $1,000.00.

As a result of the conduct of Defendants, their agents, and each of them, Plaintiff was forced to file this complaint in order to protect their finances. Accordingly, Plaintiff seeks the reasonable attorneys fees incurred in this litigation in an amount according to proof at trial and other relief as requested in Plaintiff’s prayer for relief below. Plaintiff requests an injunction against Defendant to prohibit the sale of their product in the United States.

WHEREFORE,

Plaintiff prays for relief as set forth below.
A. Special damages in a sum according to proof against all Defendants totaling $400.00;
B. General damages in a sum according to proof against all Defendants totaling $400.00;
C. For attorney's fees as allowed by law against all Defendants;
D. Costs of suit and for such other and further relief as the court deems proper against Defendants;
E. For punitive damages against all Defendants totaling $180.00;
F. For financial reimbursement of the service of $20.00
H. For any product or service provided by the defendants or their agents to be taken off the American market because of the fraudulent advertising to consumers and the conduct of the people handling the product.

Respectfully submitted,
Chase XXXXXXX pro se

It takes a special kind of person to sue someone who has devoted much of his time to make a damn good game, all on his own. If you don't like a game update, stop playing and screw off. I don't even know how people like you justify themselves.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#78 2019-02-19 23:27:07

fragilityh14

I love One Hour One Life, but I'm 100% confident it's legal to charge people for server access to play shitty games, as long as the game works basically works. Check out the Google Play store sometime. Even so, OHOL has 94% positive reviews.

You raise kids in it and you build civilizations. There are an endless supply of lives where children lived to adulthood as well as an incredible amount of pictures of civilizations which have been built.

You realize that the sheer number of people who have died as adults presents a massive amount of data demonstrating it's possible to raise kids to adulthood.

I can't believe how ridiculous this claim is. It makes the people who constantly caused problems to demonstrate they needed to be fixed seem rational by comparison. [and actually, the previous ease of murder massively needed to be fixed, the people who mass murdered to force Jason's hand kind of had a point.]

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#79 2019-02-20 00:36:06

karltown_veteran

Rage wrote:

Next comes his family

God, this is so disgusting hmm what a foul human being

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#80 2019-02-20 01:18:02

Taz

Rage wrote:

one more bullshit post and i file suit tomorrow

Recipe for Bullshit Cake

Ingredients 

Cake:
1 cup canola oil
1 cup water
4 Tablespoons cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
4 Tablespoons cocoa
6 Tablespoons milk
1 box confectioners sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts (or other nuts if you prefer)

Directions

In a large sauce pan mix the oil and water and cocoa on medium heat. Mix well with a whisk, this will take a little time and then it will blend all at once. Bring the mixture to a low boil and then remove from heat to cool slightly. Add the sugar, flour, and salt to the water/oil/cocoa mixture. Stir well with the whisk, ensuring that there are not lumps of flour. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat them, add beaten eggs to the main mixture. Blend in the sour cream, baking soda, vanilla and cream together. Pour the whole mixture onto a large cookie sheet with high sides. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 - 22 minutes. Let the cake cool, but keep it in the pan, you serve it from the cookie sheet.

While the cake is baking, make the frosting. In a large sauce pan melt the butter and mix in the cocoa and milk. Bring this to a slight boil. Removed from heat. Slowly add a whole box of confectioners sugar while whisking. Add the chopped nuts and the vanilla. It will be very runny, that's o.k. Pour the mixture over the cooled cake and spread it to cover.

#81 2019-02-20 01:39:28

CrazyEddie

mods, please

#82 2019-02-20 02:00:39

Spockulon

Rage wrote:

ya i wanted to be clear i don't give a care about benign posts even sarcastic recipes any more post directed at me in a personal way i will do exactly what i said

sorry your thread got derailed on ALL of this bullshit dude who made thread

what i want is a gd refund and have been asking for one since the start

what i am willing to do is take this as far as you ass lickers push me to take it including but not limited to everything i have stated

what i suggest is get back to your ass licking and regular forum chat, i seriously would rather spend my time on something else BUT if pushed i push back and hard

and ftr big_smile at the bullshit recipe

If there's one thing I would pass on from my past experience with litigation it would be that you should be EXCEPTIONALLY careful about how you present yourself and communicate, even online.

If someone were to-hypothetically-take screenshots of your posts on this forum and forward them to Innogame's legal representation, it could potentially jeopardize your case against them.  *edit: AND any potential litigation you might take against the dev here.

If there's another thing I would offer it would be something several lawyers have told me over the years: "Only a fool appears in pro se in front of a court" (with the exception of traffic and small claims courts, which require you to appear pro se in most jurisdictions).

Last edited by Spockulon (2019-02-20 02:01:29)

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

#83 2019-02-20 02:05:07

wondaland

Well... at least we can take this as a lesson that the forum needs to be moderated.

Jason's family and the community on here are not the ones withholding refunds. There should be no animosity towards them. The post regarding a police report was absolutely in bad taste but, that was one person. Rage I am politely asking you to direct your attention elsewhere. Most of the people you have insulted, from what I can see, have merely disagreed with you. That is not cause for verbal abuse.

I personally don't care whether or not you sue, today, tomorrow, next week whatever. Just clean up the language. You are doing yourself a disservice because as soon as you started getting abusive people stopped listening. You almost had a point.... but now, no one cares.

#84 2019-02-20 02:32:55

antking:]#

golmock wrote:

Please don't fight about something that doesn't have anything to do with my writing in my article...

sorry... I think we should have this war over at another article, but hay I have a feeling that some people are enjoying this a little bit to much! smile

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#85 2019-02-20 02:36:50

Go! Bwah!

antking:]# wrote:

but hay I have a feeling that some people are enjoying this a little bit to much! smile

My Popcorn still has two uses left and I'm happy to share.  It's not doing my yum bonus any favors anyway.

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#86 2019-02-20 02:41:14

antking:]#

Go! Bwah! wrote:
antking:]# wrote:

but hay I have a feeling that some people are enjoying this a little bit to much! smile

My Popcorn still has two uses left and I'm happy to share.  It's not doing my yum bonus any favors anyway.

well I would join you but I think the we are on a commercial break, so I'm going to get a burrito.

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#87 2019-02-20 12:34:44

Rage Rules
Banned

First- your forum is EASY to hack big_smile

Second i will say here what i said to the mod that banned me-

It is a damn good thing that my family's personal information was removed from this thread or my 1k law suit would be the least of jason's upcomming issues.

I didn't buy this game from steam as the dumbass mod seems to think, i bought it directly from OHOL, and again i asked jason for a refund and was IGNORED.

i was banned for excessive insults and doxxing or something to that nature, wtf is doxxing????

Anyway, i quit the game not long after the update, and i will quit this forum too, but please do understand your 'rules' do not appy to me, only the law.

Piss me off too much and you might find your self in a 3 year long battle with me, something neither of us want. And i don't care if you ban this account or any other account i decided to make, i do care you delete all the BULLSHIT posted about me on this thread.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST EVERY MENTION OF MY NAME IS TAKEN OFF THIS THREAD, if it is, then i will be gone, if it isn't you are playing with fire.

#88 2019-02-20 12:40:25

Rage Rules
Banned

also in your game people cuss each other out all the time with a LOT worse insluts than ass licker, things like FUCKING BITCH and racial slurs, i am okay with the ban for personal insults tho, i do feel bad when i am mean and i know i was being 'excessively' mean, we all know that ass lickers on games like this are snowflakes and talking bad about their god riles them up.

i really do suggest tho, do not try me.

#89 2019-02-20 13:08:26

Rage Rules
Banned

Again sorry gorlock whoever that made this thread, i could go spam every thread and do it every day of my life without fail bans or not if i wanted. TRUST THIS IS A FACT. But i don't  spam. And i prefer to keep everything in one place. Sorry it was your thread this landed on. That being said i have some answers to the stupid shit the reg's spouted out their holes-

No a picture of four negative reviews would not win this case for me, a link with HUNDREDS of negative reviews would. Also the negative vs postive reviews of this game has changed ballance, when it first come out there were mainly positive, now it is mostly negative.

And again, on random in your forum agrees that this is BULLSHIT and you numbnuts automaticly think it is me. You seriously have some issues.

#90 2019-02-20 13:10:01

Rage Rules
Banned

Also i know none of you shit spouting regs have any clue about the ACTUAL law, but you do not give all your evidence in the complaint. I will have plenty of damn evidence when it goes to trail.

#91 2019-02-20 13:46:38

Rage Rules
Banned

And i will say this one more time, i quit the game after the update, and will quit this forum as well IF every damn mention of my name is removed from all threads.

It is crap you think you will ban me and remove my post while leaving all the asslickers bullshit posts up. Not something i am willing to have done.

I really suggest taking my advise and we will be done, execpt if i pursue this in court, but my comments will be done here. If not i GUARANTEE i will show up every damn day until it is done.

#92 2019-02-20 13:52:26

Rage Rules
Banned

Spockulon wrote:

If there's one thing I would pass on from my past experience with litigation it would be that you should be EXCEPTIONALLY careful about how you present yourself and communicate, even online.

If someone were to-hypothetically-take screenshots of your posts on this forum and forward them to Innogame's legal representation, it could potentially jeopardize your case against them.  *edit: AND any potential litigation you might take against the dev here.

If there's another thing I would offer it would be something several lawyers have told me over the years: "Only a fool appears in pro se in front of a court" (with the exception of traffic and small claims courts, which require you to appear pro se in most jurisdictions).

This fool wins 90 percent of cases. This fool has a bigger case load than most attorneys. This fool has made a shit ton of money in civil litigation already. AND this fool does not need told what i should or should not be saying online.

I have made no threats of death or anything of the sort, and it has already been ruled in court that the judge has no intention of trying to deny my freedom of speach on any matter.

This is this- i have the RIGHT to any opinion i want to have. And my opinions can not and will not be used against me in court. You think screen shots of this would do anything against my case big_smile i have told innogames attorney's personally worse than i have said here.

#93 2019-02-20 15:27:27

Rage Rules
Banned

You closed that other nubs thread. What i suggest is that you clean up this thread, remove all my posts AND remove any mention of my name then we can be done. NOT UNTIL.

#94 2019-02-20 15:44:59

Stylingirl

This thread is being closed due to spam, toxicity, and being off topic.

Board footer